Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Make sure the Toggle verticale mode doesn't conform with the terrain It caused me a Giant PITA for ding the Optre Liberation .96 mission i am working on Darkhound.

Wyqer is there a way to spawn an 2nd transport that isn't spartan one moble respawn at the Statebase?

2 minutes ago, DruidicRifleman said:

Make sure the Toggle verticale mode doesn't conform with the terrain It caused me a Giant PITA for ding the Optre Liberation .96 mission i am working on Darkhound.

Wyqer is there a way to spawn an 2nd transport that isn't spartan one moble respawn at the Statebase?

Yeah already made that mistake. In the end I decided land base was better for Lingor anyway. Im ashamed to say I never tried Lingor untill now (3.82 version). Very good map and looking good so far with porting it for liberation. Would probably be done now if I could stop messing around in the editor. lol

8BE862A967FDE12A96A88B79C9A668EC29715B25

Saw your question about the UNSCN Final dawn. You will have to give us a link To check that out when your finished

@DruidicRifleman

have a look at:

scripts\server\base\startvehicle_spawn.sqf

You can place another cluttercutter in the deck for example and spawn on this a new startvehicle with extending the code.

Or just place the vehicle you want on the deck in the editor.

Hey Wyqer, I played the original Liberation a while back and had a few questions for you with this version you're growing.

• Is there an AI high command that players have to control recruited groups of AI vs just squad units (is this commander role only)?  If so, are you using the HC module or another method?
  • You mention fighting with/against the rebels in the region, is this all ambient or is there real emergent systems in place that grow with and or without player intervention?
  • Does enemy forces recapture points, have finite resources, and real strategy or is it a one-way battle to capture the map vs a strategic tug of war?
  • Headless client is supported or must be added in manually?

Thanks for all your our work!

Hey there @daimyo21

Let's start with anwering your questions.

1. Commander role has access to a "only command" zeus interface, which is meant to be use as strategic view and commanding interface for friendly AI troops. So no changes here to the method which was also used in Liberation before.
  2. It's a real system which was added in 0.96 and will also be expanded in the next patches for this "main version". Have a short look here: https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:CIVREP
  3. They recapture points and attack FOBs, currently "infinite resources" and a "reaction driven" strategical behaviour. Basically said it's not changed since the old Liberation. But reworking exactly this aspect will be the main focus in 0.97 (after some patches for the 0.96 version)
  4. Up to 3 headless clients are fully supported with scrpipted offload balancing between the HCs. (if you use more than one)
    Basically the HC will take the AI and the server runs all the eventscripts, if you use HCs along to the server.

Hey @Wyqer

Sorry if been asked before but I cannot find the following anywhere

1. Can you adjust starting resources just for testing purposes?

2. Can you change the spawn distance of enemy units because when I fly a plane or heli there is no-one to attack.?

Thanks plenty 

To adjust it you need to modify one of the scripts. There is no "change this one variable" on this.

\scripts\server\base\startgame.sqf

from line 48 until the end of the file

kp_liberation_config.sqf

Line 95

GRLIB_sector_size = 1000; // Range to activate a sector.

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

To adjust it you need to modify one of the scripts. There is no "change this one variable" on this.

\scripts\server\base\startgame.sqf

from line 48 until the end of the file

kp_liberation_config.sqf

Line 95

GRLIB_sector_size = 1000; // Range to activate a sector.

Thanks @Wyqer. Sorry I did look through startgame.sqf but couldnt understand it. Lol. And totally missed that setting in liberation config. If thats 1000 mtrs though shouldnt plane and heli set it off earlier than when I hover about 15 mtrs over sector?. 

No, it depends also on the count of players who are near a sector.

There is a script: scripts\server\sector\wait_to_spawn_sector.sqf

This determines if maybe players just "fly by" or something before the whole spawn process etc. happen.

Example how it works:

If one player trigger a sector activation the script will delay the spawn up to 30 seconds and checks again, if there is this one player in the activation zone. If he is you can be sure that one player really wants to attack the sector, so the spawning begins.

If a group of 12 players will trigger a sector activation there won't be any delay and the spawn will begin directly, because you can assume that if 12 players are near a sector there is no "accident" with activating the sector.

You can comment out the call of this delay in the: scripts\server\sector\manage_one_sector.sqf at line 33

//from:
[_sector, _opforcount] call wait_to_spawn_sector;
//to:
// [_sector, _opforcount] call wait_to_spawn_sector;

• Like 1

@Wyqer and crew; thank you for your continuing support and work upon this mission! Your passion for it shows. I especially love what you have done by adding the "hearts and minds" aspect. It really gives each encounter a new flavour.

Having said all that, I have a bit of an issue that I'm not sure how to diagnose. I do not have the option to build anything after capturing a sector. Supplies crates are scattered about, but my scroll-menu lacks the 'build storage' option. Any clue why that might be?

I downloaded the mission files from github and placed everything myself. The only files I have edited are the default parameters (geared toward small group play) and I enabled full Zeus support. I scanned through the parameters in-game before loading the mission for the first time just to make sure nothing was off from what I expected it to be.

When might the Artillery support become available for Liberation? I saw it in the parameters when I was making my conversions. 

@vagrantauthor

You can't produce in cities anymore.

Refer to the changelog:

Tweaked: Cities won't be able to produce resources anymore.

@Nightwolf2112

The BI support system for artillery is basically implemented and some kind of working. But as it's not very reliable in MP environment it's completely commented out in the code currently. A replacement for this or a next attempt to achieve a full realiability in MP will be done later, as it don't has a huge priority for me currently.

Thanks for pointing that out. I misunderstood it to imply resources would not spawn in cities as well, but they still do. Fortunately a supply depot was overlapping and I pushed each crate to a nearby storage facility.

On a slightly related note; would you happen to know why some of the supply crates can be seen and manipulated with a fully enabled Zeus, while others appear as static objects which cannot be manipulated? Since Zeus is largely disabled by default, I'm certain providing any kind of correction for this is outside the scope of your work. Still, if I can find an answer then maybe I can correct it for myself.

Thank you.

resource crates which aren't stored at a storage area or loaded upon a transport vehicle are intended listed in the zeus interface. To make it easier to find crates which aren't found by your squads.

I often play SP / own MP server with AI. I love this mission. One thing that it's missing for us SP type players is an AI revive system.

I tried editing the mission to add Sunday Revive mod and synced to all playable units but that didnt work.

Does anyone know how to get this mission going with an AI that revives a downed player or other AI?

I dont know that particular mod but does it need the BIS revive settings to be disabled?

I personally use A3 Wounding System but you have to do a little script editing

5 hours ago, theedge|jinx said:

I often play SP / own MP server with AI. I love this mission. One thing that it's missing for us SP type players is an AI revive system.

I tried editing the mission to add Sunday Revive mod and synced to all playable units but that didnt work.

Does anyone know how to get this mission going with an AI that revives a downed player or other AI?

A3 wounding System by Psycho will work for you

Just have to disable the revive in mission.

In your mission_params.hpp 

class ReviveMode {
        title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
        isGlobal = 1;
        values[] = {-100,0,1};                                                                                                                                                                               
        texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};                         <---------------------- Default to 0 will disable missions revive
        default = 0;
        function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";

WHen your down and there is a medic nearby you can hit "H" and they will revive you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wyqer said:

resource crates which aren't stored at a storage area or loaded upon a transport vehicle are intended listed in the zeus interface. To make it easier to find crates which aren't found by your squads.

The crates that were in the supply depot zone where I built the storage facility were listed in Zeus. I could see their 'Empty' icons and move them about using the Zeus interface.

The crates in the overlapping town, however, were not listed and could not be moved with Zeus. I was still able to move them manually to the storage facility in the neighboring zone, though.

Just in case it matters, all of this took place on Takistan (downloaded from the Liberation github) at the most south-western corner of the map where a town overlaps with a storage depot.

Haven't seen any issue like that in the past.

Overlapping areas etc. won't affect the object add script for zeus.

I've put more hours into the current version of Liberation. The supply crate issue I mentioned hasn't happened since. Even if it does happen again, I will probably be well enough established on the map to move them by vehicle. I'm writing this off as a non-issue.

Thank you for your work.

• Like 1