Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Am sure I'm gonna love this even more than all the previous versions. thanks very much @Wyqer for the continued updates and improvements

Say, I'm no pro, but I just got the .96 and uploaded to ACE server-all good. So I halo around to check out the nearby enemies and still all good. So I remember to start my HC and turn of  logs. good too.  So jump back where I was and the enemies are gone. OK- restart mission.. They're back. So ok it happens. I mange to cap 1 town and move on to the next..The enemies are gone again and the town says blue circle w/ red name letters. I can't remember what this means only that I need to restart the mission again. So I went 1 better.. restart the server too, (2nd time) all good again,, This scene was pretty rare in last version.. restart about 3 times for a reason

in about 60 days of playing it..  I'm curious of any changes that are New-New.. that would cause this?

So- I have this as well on a RHS server with Project OpFor,  after crashing the heli (rhs wd-) it tries to respawn on the carrier, and is an endless cycle of blowing up and respawning.  It was in place during first launch, so I just restarted and I guess its ok right now. 

AND, as above playing  RHS w/projectOPfor, I managed to insert the fob, kinds next to everon city, so this was first town, all good, but no option to build storage here(sahrani).

Prev. vers had sahrani(ace), and building the town storage was NP.  I hijacked a civ truck, and decided to heal this dude to get used to the rep stats.. I fak'dhim 3 or 4 times, he just wouldn't heal..and the medical flower never changed..And the ai responded Negative to order try and heal him some more.

well i've been playing liberation solo for a while (without ACE), but the civilian reputation ade it utterly unplayable for me. I had -41%, then headed out to clear a village, hit an IED, house got shagged and civ killed, now I'm at -100%. Constant convoy attacks happened even at -41%, I just about had enough time to repel the attack, load the crates back on the transports and send them back to a FOB and then there was anoter attack. Also, regadless whether you save the convoy or not, you still have to add trucks and set up the route from scratch. The micro-management is nice, but I would also like to go and, you know, liberate. There's no option to disable the guerilla (at least on non-dedicated server), no secondary mission to appease them... any suggestions how to get out of this pit? thanks.

14 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

Say, I'm no pro, but I just got the .96 and uploaded to ACE server-all good. So I halo around to check out the nearby enemies and still all good. So I remember to start my HC and turn of  logs. good too.  So jump back where I was and the enemies are gone. OK- restart mission.. They're back. So ok it happens. I mange to cap 1 town and move on to the next..The enemies are gone again and the town says blue circle w/ red name letters. I can't remember what this means only that I need to restart the mission again. So I went 1 better.. restart the server too, (2nd time) all good again,, This scene was pretty rare in last version.. restart about 3 times for a reason

in about 60 days of playing it..  I'm curious of any changes that are New-New.. that would cause this?

So- I have this as well on a RHS server with Project OpFor,  after crashing the heli (rhs wd-) it tries to respawn on the carrier, and is an endless cycle of blowing up and respawning.  It was in place during first launch, so I just restarted and I guess its ok right now. 

AND, as above playing  RHS w/projectOPfor, I managed to insert the fob, kinds next to everon city, so this was first town, all good, but no option to build storage here(sahrani).

Prev. vers had sahrani(ace), and building the town storage was NP.  I hijacked a civ truck, and decided to heal this dude to get used to the rep stats.. I fak'dhim 3 or 4 times, he just wouldn't heal..and the medical flower never changed..And the ai responded Negative to order try and heal him some more.

Hey @dvdbrewster, if you could report your "no AI" issue here in great detail, that'd be amazing. Please supply a log too, you can check the logs parameter for a better log (more useful for support) also. The Spartan 01 constant explosion issue is usually where server load is a little bit maxed, as you say, a restart or waiting will usually help clear this up. In the newest version, 0.96, there is no factory capability at POI sectors, only on factory sectors. You'll also not be able to heal any unit, civ or infantry, to 100% unless you are medic and using a Medikit, not a FAK.

1 hour ago, Agahnim Demaend said:

well i've been playing liberation solo for a while (without ACE), but the civilian reputation ade it utterly unplayable for me. I had -41%, then headed out to clear a village, hit an IED, house got shagged and civ killed, now I'm at -100%. Constant convoy attacks happened even at -41%, I just about had enough time to repel the attack, load the crates back on the transports and send them back to a FOB and then there was anoter attack. Also, regadless whether you save the convoy or not, you still have to add trucks and set up the route from scratch. The micro-management is nice, but I would also like to go and, you know, liberate. There's no option to disable the guerilla (at least on non-dedicated server), no secondary mission to appease them... any suggestions how to get out of this pit? thanks.

Thanks @Agahnim Demaend. Unfortunately, the newest features were not going to be for everyone, if you don't like playing with them you can revert to an older release here. This feature is new however and will be updated to include more sensibility as well as need some more balancing. Could you address your issues here so we can get a log of how people feel things should be more balanced, IE, you could give an example as to what should be changed in order to make the Civ Rep/Guerrilla functions more versatile but fair. Secondary missions are planned in future patches and/or releases.

38 minutes ago, DruidicRifleman said:

there really needs to be a deliver aid mission or something.

Hey @DruidicRifleman, secondary missions are planned in future patches and/or releases. :))

Where on the wiki  would i find information explaining how i would go about Swaping out the Carrier for the UNSCN Final dawn from Operation Trebuchet?

3 hours ago, Agahnim Demaend said:

any suggestions how to get out of this pit?

You can edit all penalty values and spawn chance percentages in the kp_liberation_config.sqf of your missionfile. So you could also set the penalties to 0.

@DruidicRifleman

You should have a look at the devkit instructions.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Devkit

2 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

Hey @dvdbrewster, if you could report your "no AI" issue here in great detail, that'd be amazing. Please supply a log too, you can check the logs parameter for a better log (more useful for support) also. The Spartan 01 constant explosion issue is usually where server load is a little bit maxed, as you say, a restart or waiting will usually help clear this up. In the newest version, 0.96, there is no factory capability at POI sectors, only on factory sectors. You'll also not be able to heal any unit, civ or infantry, to 100% unless you are medic and using a Medikit, not a FAK.

sosorry,  so mission params  will not allow the fak.. that's what I set it to. U say heal to 100% I understand, I guess I was looking for a pop up message..(having fun here)!

Man I just love this, permanently on one of our milsim servers now. I just have to figure out all the settings lol:eyeheart: 

Hi Wyqer!  Thanks for your continued work on Liberation and Support, I've had a ton of fun with both. :)

While fiddling around in Liberation with RHS I noticed that the Arsenal list starts getting pretty long, with equipment for ArmA+DLC as well as both RHS factions.  It's a little overwhelming.  Maybe it sounds strange, but are there any plans to implement an option to pare down the equipment list?  For example, during mission setup being able to limit Arsenal content to ArmA+RHSUSAF Only, RHSUSAF+RHSAFRF Only, etc.  Maybe individual On/Off settings for each faction/equipment set would work better?

Stock ArmA Equipment: On/Off

RHSUSAF Equipment: On/Off

RHSAFRF Equipment: On/Off

Etc.

I know I can set a custom equipment list in the config files (I'll have to check back through the thread or the wiki for the steps) but thought I'd suggest it as a feature as well.

What's wrong with the current system?

kp_liberation_config.sqf

/* Which arsenal preset should be used?
0 = Use the default blacklist method (defined below).
1 = Custom arsenal preset (edit the custom.sqf in the arsenal_presets\ folder to change things for your own versions and tweaks).
2 = Killah Potatoes Gaming Community arsenal preset.
3 = RHS USAF arsenal preset.
4 = RHS USAF arsenal preset with ACE.
5 = RHS USAF arsenal preset with ACE and ACRE.	
6 = 3cbBAF and RHS USAF arsenal preset. */
KP_liberation_arsenal = 0;

Example of the RHSUSAF+ACE arsenal preset:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/blob/master/Missionframework/arsenal_presets/rhsusaf_ace.sqf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyqer said:

0.96 Hotfix

• Updated: RHS GREF resistance preset. Thanks to FatRefrigerator
  • Fixed: Sort function for storage areas.
  • Fixed: HC Sector spawn issue.

Download at GitHub

You guys are always on top of everything and that is so cool.. I download the released version and put it on dedicated server. In testing I realize HC sector spawn issue. Head into forums to report and already fixed:). 

Great mission and great community. your work is very much appreciated!

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just being picky.  When I tested with KP_liberation_arsenal = 3; for the RHSUSAF arsenal preset, it seemed to include all available RHSUSAF and RHSAFRF equipment along with the normal ArmA stuff.  I probably just need to tweak things myself instead of asking you to do it for me. :P

No, not needed.

With which changes?

This one?

Tweaked: Preset system split to select blufor, opfor, resistance and civilians independently.

The presets are basically still the same as before, just split currently, to provide the possibility of easier compositions of which factions are playing together (custom Vanilla vs. russians, USAF vs. CSAT, etc.)

No changes to them, but if you've edited your custom.sqf, you've to do it again or copy over your edited one from before the hotfix, yeah

On 14. 10. 2017 at 9:29 PM, Wyqer said:

You can edit all penalty values and spawn chance percentages in the kp_liberation_config.sqf of your missionfile. So you could also set the penalties to 0

Thanks, I'm looking at the values in the config, kinda confused there. I gave the mission another go, all was going nicely, but at one point while capturing a poi i had to use titan rocket to destroy an APC; it was near a building, but i figured it wouldn't be that huge of a deal. Wrong. after i managed to capture the sector I had to run back to the FOB, because it  was being attacked; I didn't have time to look for wounded civs. At the FOB I found that my rep fell from +5% to -63%! One building, no civs there (i checked on thermal and on UAV).

The numbers in the config are 3 for building, 5 for civ killed, so unless I missed a huge ganbang going on in that building, those numbers are much higher in effect in the game. Seems to me that I'll have to divide the penalties by at least 10 to stand a chance.  Thanks for your help

Glad you found the values, so that you can tweak them to be suitable for your playstyle.

Recommend to take notice of the messages in the chat during play, where you can read a message if a civilian was killed or the population are complaining about destroyed buildings. The penalties are exactly that value which you see in the config, no change in the game.

Is there an easy way to save a composition for example if I wanted to copy and paste the freedom from one mission setup the way at mission start. I cant get it to paste with everything at the right height. Ported to lingor and want to use to carrier

There may be a way, I guess.

But personally I don't know a "very good" method for it. Copy, open new file, right click, edit and something like "paste at exact same position". And in the end adjusting everything by hand, yeah ^^