Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hi Wyqer, really loving the mission. I can't get enough of it! :) 

I just wanted to ask a couple questions, this has been asked on different forums as well, but I did not find a straight answer. I was wondering if you have more insight to it, especially since it's your mission :) 

I have this desire to use Artillery when assaulting a town, but I don't want them to be in my Squad, they would just take up space in my squad that I would like to use for infantry.. I would normally spawn multiple M119A2's (Artillery) from the Build Menu, and then I would put them all in a separate Artillery Squad. I would then put a Waypoint with "Fire Mission" from the Zeus Interface, and they would start firing at that exact location. 

All fine and dandy until here, but I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to stop them from firing? By default (dunno why) they fire all their rounds until they are depleted. 

2. Is there a way to make them rearm automatically? 

A workaround that I found is: 

1. I would wait for them to stop firing all their 12 rounds. (I don't need 12 rounds of artillery in one location, to be honest)

2. I put an Ammo container near them and then hop on each and every one of them so I can trigger the auto rearm script, but I was wondering if there is another way.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the long post... :) 

Filip

Hey there.

Concerning 1.

I've already implemented the BI support system for artillery via scripted module spawn and sync in the current dev branch. But as it works fine in singleplayer so far, it cause some sync problems in a dedicated server MP environment. Because of this I've deactivated it for now and will look at it after I've finished other features for the upcoming version. I can't say how you could limit the rounds in the fire mission waypoint (isn't it an additional waypoint kind which is added via CBA or Ares maybe?). I would have in mind to group your artillery via zeus to your squad, command the fire missions and as you start the attack, you ungroup them via zeus again. Personally I don't play with AI, so I've not much "playing experience" concerning the AI.

Concerning 2.

If you have them in your squad, you can use the squad manager to rearm them. Beside of that there is no further functionality than the normal BI functionalities concerning rearming vehicles etc. crewed by AI.

I'm sorry that I'm obviously not able to present you a "real solution" for your questions beside of the "normal BI functionalities".

I hope that I'll be able to find a suitable way to implement the BI Support System via scripting (I would like to avoid placing modules etc. via the editor), so with that it would be much easier to handle artillery support from AI artillery.

On 2017-09-29 at 7:17 AM, Wyqer said:

0.96 will come in october, yeah :)

I guess it'll "only" contain the civil reputation system and the "enemy behaviour overhaul" will be postponed to the patched for 0.96 or maybe to 0.97. Reason is that the university started again and therefore my spare time for coding is a little less then before. But don't worry, it's still rolling, only not that fast as before.

For the server I would also think 8GB is the minimum and I recommend a restart every 4-6 hours.

Glad to hear that it will be out in October. So like you are saying then is that the civilian rep system will be there, will that also include all other features except for the "enemy behaviour overhaul"?

When it comes to RAM, I personally got 10gb for the server and I'm running 1 HC alongside to ensure that the frame drops don't go to low.

You can have a look what's already finished in the rolling changelog for 0.96 in the 0.96 dev branch on GitHub (I keep it always up to date when I commit finished parts)

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/tree/v0.96#096-in-development

And as the enemy overhaul will be not directly in 0.96 (maybe in patches of the version or in 0.97) the other features (civil reputation, guerilla forces which are connected to the reputation, sidemissions) will be finished for the release, I guess. But in the end it's "just" a next version release and not the end of my work on Liberation :)

Also I've just posted a experimental missionfile with the todays state of changes on our Discord Server. Not here, because I'm currently commiting many times a day stuff to the dev branch.

56 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

I've already implemented the BI support system for artillery via scripted module spawn and sync in the current dev branch. But as it works fine in singleplayer so far, it cause some sync problems in a dedicated server MP environment. Because of this I've deactivated it for now and will look at it after I've finished other features for the upcoming version.

Looking forward to that for sure. I have been playing around with the support modules and placed via the editor.(dev branch).  Still testing but the normal sync to player (like commandant) worked great when i previewed it and I thought "wow this is cool and easy". Of course once on the dedi box it didnt work. instead of syncing the player I put this into init of the players I want access to the support...... [commandant,SupportRequester] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink;. (changing the name accordingly of the unit)

Going to test it with a few players tonight but so far so good.Looking forward to the scripting of it all instead of placing the modules but that is still above my paygrade:) 

anyone having issues since the rhs updates?

*disregard was things i put in editor that have been changed*

Hi again, 

Firstly thank you for the continued support. 

Secondly, is there a way to give logistics and production options to all players as on our server there is only 3 of us and it would be very usefull for us.

Thanks

-Natdave

From one of wyqers earlier explanations.. We use it and it works perfect

One way for example:

whitelist.sqf

add a new array

KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist = [
	"123456789",                               <---------this goes at bottom of your whitelist and change to prospective steam id's
	"987654321"
];

for the entries use the steamIDs of the people who should be able to access the interface.

action_manager.sqf

at lines 237 and 249
replace the

&& (player == ([] call F_getCommander) || [] call F_isAdmin)

with

&& ((getPlayerUID player) in KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist)

with this way it wouldn't matter at which slot the player is.

• Like 2

@MATR1X

Adding it to the wiki FAQ section would be a good idea, indeed.

I'll add it until tomorrow there, thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Small Information Update and experimental missionfile

0.96 is still under development and is progressing well. I guess I can release the next version within this month. As mentioned before, the enemy behaviour overhaul will be postponed to 0.97 or maybe to one of the patches for 0.96.

Currently I've reached a state of enough implemented features, so that I can provide an experimental missionfile with the current state.

Remember, that this missionfile isn't meant to be played as "normal public version". It's still not finished, there are some placeholders, some features aren't implemented yet and there can be, of course, bugs. With this in mind and I guess you fully understand it, I won't provide any support which is based on the experimental missionfile. Use it only if you want to provide some test reports concerning the new features. The debug messages are enabled by default, so if you encounter any issues or bugs I would appreciate a report about it in this thread or on the GitHub Issues Page. And always attach your serverlog next to a brief explanation what happened. On GitHub there is a template for reporting issues, which you can just fill with the information. Beside of getting reports of issues I would also appreciate if someone test the missionfile and also report back, if he or she hasn't any issues or strange experiences. If nobody has any issues and don't report that there weren't any issues, I can only guess that nobody tested the missionfile. So it's in the same way important like it is for reporting issues and bugs.

The current missionfile is tested by myself in local MP (name it SP, if you like) and in a dedicated server environment. I didn't encountered any bugs, but I'm not able to test all possible situations or with various player counts.

Also you don't have to worry about your savegame. The experimental missionfile has an own unique savekey, so it wouldn't overwrite your savegame if you're playing the 0.955 on Altis currently.

Here's a list of changes which are implemented in the current 0.96 dev version, so you've an overwiev for what you may look for while testing:

• Added: BI Support System functionality. (Currently deactivated, as there are still issues in MP)
    • Added: Parameter for access to the Support System -> Disabled, Commander, Whitelist, Everyone.
    • Added: BI Artillery support for artillery vehicles and mortars (if built manned or AI ordered to get in as crew).
    • Added: Players can request artillery support from players (generates task).
  • Added: Civil Reputation.
    • Added: Config variables in kp_liberation_config.sqf.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for killing civilians.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for seizing civil vehicles.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for destroyed/damaged civil buildings.
    • Added: Mission parameter to choose building penalty for damaged or only destroyed buildings.
    • Added: Reputation gain for liberated sectors.
  • Added: Civil informant.
    • Added: If you've a good reputation, a civil informant can rarely spawn at blufor sectors.
    • Added: Intel increase, if you capture the informant and bring him back to a FOB.
  • Added: Asymmetric Threats.
    • Added: Possibility of IEDs in blufor sectors, if you have a bad civil reputation.
    • Added: Own logistic convoys can be ambushed by guerilla forces.
    • Added: Value for guerilla strength which will be affected by the events connected to guerilla forces.
    • Added: Arrays in preset files for the guerilla forces.
  • Added: Chinese Simplified localization. Thanks to nercon
  • Added: Automatic server restart script for dedicated servers. Thanks to k4s0
  • Added: Settings in the mission parameters for particular debug messages.
  • Added: Factory map markers now indicate which production facilities are available there.
  • Removed: Liberation skill handling of AI units, as BI do this good enough now concerning wounds, etc.
  • Removed: Vehicle explosion chance script for convoy ambush.
  • Tweaked: Terrain alignment will be persistent during repeat building of objects (like walls). Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Some reordering of UI elements.
  • Tweaked: Localization support for the extended options menu. Thanks to nercon
  • Tweaked: Highlight color in production list changed to blue instead of misleading green.
  • Tweaked: Amounts of resources on each FOB and production site is now visible in logistic dropdown menu as (Supplies/Ammo/Fuel).
  • Tweaked: Removed the logistic convoy cap of 26 (which was due to the alphabet).
  • Tweaked: Captured enemy vehicles are now also listed in the commanders zeus interface.
  • Tweaked: Cities won't be able to produce resources anymore.
  • Tweaked: IED count in cities, capitals and factories is now dependend on the civil reputation.
  • Tweaked: Corrected some strings in the stringtable.
  • Tweaked: Factories don't have all facilities from the start anymore. The facility they start with is set at campaign start.
  • Fixed: Player got custom recoil and aiming coefficients on respawn.
  • Fixed: Rare script error on closing respawn screen directly after joining the mission.
  • Fixed: Players could deploy multiple FOBs when they selected deploy fast enough on the same container.
  • Fixed: It was possible to disassemble a mortar in preview.
  • Fixed: Preview vehicles could get saved if you shut down the mission right after canceling the build process or if you'd still the preview in front you.
  • Fixed: Small issues due to the default "hold fire" combat mode for AI.
  • Fixed: Single Infantry units weren't saved sometimes.
  • Fixed: Paratroopers got sometimes an attack helicopter instead of a transport helicopter.
  • Fixed: Rescue helipad blocked building in their near vicinity.
  • Fixed: MPKill Eventhandler issue when using ACE.

Download the missionfile from our website (directlink)

Also, as requested before, I've extended the Wiki FAQ article with instructions how to grant access to all or specific players to the logistics/production dialog:

Article in the GitHub Wiki

• Like 2

Added a server instance for testing, located in Aus at 52.62.81.143:2332

Hello there,

I am trying to make it work on my server but apparently, i can't.

There are no ennemies in the entire map (only some civilians) and ACE is not working (despite I enabled it in the mission configuration file)

Here's the collection I use on my server : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155696283

Am I doing something wrong ?

What map? Sounds like your missing something like Project Opfor / a RHS Mod

I know for sure of takistan if you dont have the Project Opfor mod there will be no enemies

First of all:

Provide a full server.rpt via pastebin or something as link.

And provide a list of things you've edited.

Concerning ACE:

There is no connection between "ACE working/don't working" and Liberation in general. The only connection is, if you've set up your mod/server right or wrong. There is nothing inside Liberation itself what would block ACE.

Also there is no "Enable ACE Mod" or something in the mission. If you want to use ACE, set it up like for any other mission. For servers I recommend using a serverconfig.hpp and the ace_server.pbo (which is also nothing special for Liberation, it's general ACE)

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation#ace-serverside-settings

The only things you've to remember, if you use ACE are:

• Disable the BI Revive System in the parameters
    Interfere with ACE, but won't let ACE stop working.
  • Enable the ACE compatibility in the parameters
    Which only deactivates two scripts in Liberation concerning weather and resupply of vehicles (like it's stated in the parameters description), as ACE has own functionalities for this. Even if not enabled, this also wouldn't stop ACE from working.

Concerning the "no enemies" issue:

• If you don't have any enemies spawning
    The server don't has the mods loaded with the units which you've assigned as enemies.
  • If you just spawn without any function
    I guess you've edited the preset, as you use many mods with additional vehicles. And with this edits you've done a mistake in one in the arrays. Check your edits and stick to the "important hints" section in the Liberation Wiki on GitHub.
    There is also a FAQ article about this:
    https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#why-do-i-spawn-on-the-spawn-island-with-no-functions

Hello Wyqer, thanks for your reply, here's my RPT file (serverside)

Server RPT https://hastebin.com/hoxevovuli.tex

kp_liberation_config.sqf https://hastebin.com/vivemobudo.cpp

mission_params.hpp https://hastebin.com/evuxaziziv.php

3cbBAF.sqf https://hastebin.com/qiwadixefa.scala (as I use preset 5)

Server mod collection (+aceserver not seen here) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155696283

Loaded mods https://hastebin.com/eyujusowey.xml

I've been searching since yesterday, can't find the source of the problem. 

EDIT1 : Got ACE working by disabling MCC (Apparently, the keybindings are conflicting), but there are still 0 hostile units on the server.

First thing I encountered, that you put all mods in the -servermod string and not in the -mod string. Therefore the "content delivering" mods won't be listed as "needed mods" for connected clients. Therefore some people may get errors etc. because they don't know what mods are needed to play on your server.

the servermod parameter "loads the specified sub-folders for different server-side (not broadcasted to clients) mods." https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Server_Options

I don't know all of the mods you're using, but I recommend setting it up like:

-mod parameter with:

@CBA_A3;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;@3CB_BAF_Units;@3CB_BAF_Units_(ACE_compatibility);@3CB_BAF_Units_(RHS_compatibility);@3CB_BAF_Vehicles;@3CB_BAF_Vehicles_(Servicing_extension);@3CB_BAF_Weapons;@ace;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces;@Enhanced_Movement;@Enhanced_Visuals;@Immerse;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD_-_Additional_Weapon_Handling_and_Reloading_Sounds;@Military_Gear_Pack;@R3F_French_Weapons_Pack_(R3F_ARME);@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@Suppress;@voyagerCompass_HUD;

-servermod parameter with:

@aceserver;@Advanced_Rappelling;@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing;@Advanced_Urban_Rappelling;

All these servermods aren't needed by the clients. I don't know if you just run JSRS as full mod on your server or with the provided "only server" files from JSRS. If second, than you only have to load it as serverside mod and therefore have it as optional mod for your clients (what is recommend, because maybe not everyone likes that soundpack)

Also it seems that you don't have set up the ace_server.pbo right. Because this would be in your serverlog, if it's all where it should be:

[ACE] (common) INFO: Settings received from server.
[ACE] (common) INFO: Settings initialized.

make sure you've the ace_server.pbo in @acerserver/addons/ace_server.pbo

and the serverconfig.hpp in userconfig/ace/serverconfig.hpp

Okay so, I used a tool to start my server, this is what puts the mods in the servermods part.

So instead, this time, I created a .bat file to start the server with :

"D:\Flax\Arma3\arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=D:\Flax\servers\CTI\CTI_config.cfg" "-cfg=D:\Flax\servers\CTI\CTI_basic.cfg" "-profiles=D:\Flax\servers\CTI\" -name=CTI "-mod=@CBA_A3;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;@3CB_BAF_Units;@3CB_BAF_Units_(ACE_compatibility);@3CB_BAF_Units_(RHS_compatibility);@3CB_BAF_Vehicles;@3CB_BAF_Vehicles_(Servicing_extension);@3CB_BAF_Weapons;@ace;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;@ACE_Compat_-_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces;@Enhanced_Movement;@Enhanced_Visuals;@Immerse;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD_-_Additional_Weapon_Handling_and_Reloading_Sounds;@Military_Gear_Pack;@R3F_French_Weapons_Pack_(R3F_ARME);@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@Suppress;@voyagerCompass_HUD;" "-servermod=@aceserver;@Advanced_Rappelling;@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing;@Advanced_Urban_Rappelling;" -enableHT -autoInit

But there are still no ennemies..

Also, my userconfig file is here "D:\Flax\Arma3\userconfig\ace\serverconfig.hpp"

My ace_server.pbo is here "D:\Flax\Arma3\@aceserver\addons\ace_server.pbo"

My rpt file this time : https://hastebin.com/tanutifepa.tex

And in case you wonder, my CTI_basic.cfg https://hastebin.com/iditirozal.makefile

and CTI_config.cfg https://hastebin.com/ojebuvozal.makefile

Activate the debug parameter in the mission, run the server again, go near a sector as player, wait about 5 minutes, shut down again and provide the log again pls.

With enabled debug it's showing if the server tries to spawn units etc.

Also make sure to set verifySignatures to 2 instead of  0.

and copy all the keys of the used mods in the servers keys folder.

A few questions:

Clearing towns:  I have run into the problem of finding the last man alive in a town which of course will give you possession that town.  Last night we (3 of us) drove around for 30 minutes desperately trying to draw some sort of fire or see something on the map.  It seems there should be a better way to rat out that last man, or have him surrender and show himself on the map.

This may be intended game play but it does seem to distract from a long hard fight, then looking in vain to find that last guy.  Any suggestions?

Production:  I can only get one truck to deliver supplies from one town to another.  Is that intended or am I doing something wrong?

I would like to move all my supplies from one FOB to another rather than leave them in a place we may never go to again.  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Clyde Toris said:

A few questions:

Clearing towns:  I have run into the problem of finding the last man alive in a town which of course will give you possession that town.  Last night we (3 of us) drove around for 30 minutes desperately trying to draw some sort of fire or see something on the map.  It seems there should be a better way to rat out that last man, or have him surrender and show himself on the map.

This may be intended game play but it does seem to distract from a long hard fight, then looking in vain to find that last guy.  Any suggestions?

Production:  I can only get one truck to deliver supplies from one town to another.  Is that intended or am I doing something wrong?

I would like to move all my supplies from one FOB to another rather than leave them in a place we may never go to again.  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

You could hop into zues and find the last unit. If anyone gets near him he should show on the map. Sometimes if I'm running 2 headless clients  the bar will be blue but the letters red and it will stay that way. (regular server restarts cure this. I restart every 4 hours)

As far as the trucks go.. You can add more trucks to each convoy. Each truck carries 300.  

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic

I dont think you can have multiple convoys moving different resources from the same town so you would have to let one finish before moving the other resource. (hope that makes sense.. Im tired and should be in bed:))

• Like 1

For the "last man in town":

The enemy will surrender with a 80% chance when you've killed nearly all enemies and blufor is more in number than opfor in the sector.

But sure, it can happen that there are some who don't surrender and then you've to search the buildings for example. Basically a sector is captured when the blufor units count is above 50% of the count of all units in the sector. So if you play with 3, you've captured the sector when only 2 enemies are alive. (3 blufor / (3 blufor + 2 Opfor)) = 60% ratio > 50% -> sector is captured by blufor. And as there are also larger groups the capture check only applied, when the enemy has 3 or less units in the sector.

I can't provide a direct suggestion for the "how to find some last soldiers". Just can say search the buildings one by one.

For the Logistics @Darkhound7 is right. And you can for sure establish a logistic route from one FOB to another, to move your resources to the new frontline.

Hello Wyqer, 

Quick question. I got the Archilles mod and it's working fine with the mission, however I was wondering if I can enable full zeus, I mean.. full zeus. I know there's a topic in the wiki where you can enable zeus to edit objects and move them around, but I'm still not able to create any new objects.
I am interested since Archilles mod has a few really cool bases that I would like to build around my FOB's to make the game look a lot nicer. Is there a way to do that? 

Thanks in advance, 

Filip.