Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

2 hours ago, Rodionbl said:

it's simple Just open the logistics menu select the production center you just built a Storage area at.

make sure you have a Logistics mission with a truck Select the production center as Destination A and a FOB as destination B.

under destination A set Fuel Ammo and Supplies at 100000000000000000000000000 and then run the mission ever 30 minutes any resources at that Production center will end up at your FOB as long as there are 3 crates at the facility.

@Davidone65

Just do what is explained in the two provided wiki articles.

Unpbo the missionfile, edit the mission_params.hpp, save, create a pbo again, put the new pbo on your server in the mpmissions file and you're good to go. :)

On 9/21/2017 at 7:10 PM, DruidicRifleman said:

it's simple Just open the logistics menu select the production center you just built a Storage area at.

make sure you have a Logistics mission with a truck Select the production center as Destination A and a FOB as destination B.

under destination A set Fuel Ammo and Supplies at 100000000000000000000000000 and then run the mission ever 30 minutes any resources at that Production center will end up at your FOB as long as there are 3 crates at the facility.

If you do that then the convoy won't ever work because it'll get stuck with "no resources"

18 minutes ago, calebfg2 said:

If you do that then the convoy won't ever work because it'll get stuck with "no resources"

1 Its not imediate if you take a town you need two things 1 storage 2 a production facility.

Then it takes time.

once you have the production facility (50 of the type and 100 of the other two) You select that Town in the production tab. Factorys can automaticly produce any of the resources once captured and also produce 1 crate Every 30 minutes where as towns produce 1 crate every 45 minutes.

If you need help still i will see if i can set up a Tutorial video

Just now, DruidicRifleman said:

1 Its not imediate if you take a town you need two things 1 storage 2 a production facility.

Then it takes time.

once you have the production facility (50 of the type and 100 of the other two) You select that Town in the production tab. Factorys can automaticly produce any of the resources once captured and also produce 1 crate Every 30 minutes where as towns produce 1 crate every 45 minutes.

If you need help still i will see if i can set up a Tutorial video

I know how the system works. I'm talking about the logistics truck. If you tell a convoy to load 100000 resources when they load at point A they will stop because there isn't 100000 resources there

1 minute ago, DruidicRifleman said:

3 of them?

Empty now since it loaded what was there but stopped

@calebfg2
Don't get me wrong, but you would have saved a lot of time, if you had just read the article about logistics in the provided wiki. Then you would have known that the "no ressources" status isn't something to worry about if you set up your route right. So I recommend to read the whole logistic article in the wiki. That will answer all the questions you had until know.

First of all, fabulous work!!  You all amaze me with what you have done with this game.

I have many questions but I'll start with this: 

I rent a server and play with my two brothers.

So, is there a relatively easy way to make all 3 of us commanders so we can all use the logistics and production?

I am relatively competent in making small changes to configs etc. but not in writing anything.

I did notice the F_getCommander.sqf.   Would adding player names next to the commander name add them to the list or would it be a lot more complicated than that?

This is not that big a deal, just would make it nice for us old guys.

Thanks for any help!

Clyde

Amazing mission isnt it?

From one of wyqers earlier explanations.. We use it works perfect

One way for example:

whitelist.sqf

add a new array

KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist = [
	"123456789",
	"987654321"
];

for the entries use the steamIDs of the people who should be able to access the interface.

action_manager.sqf

at lines 237 and 249
replace the

&& (player == ([] call F_getCommander) || [] call F_isAdmin)

with

&& ((getPlayerUID player) in KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist)

with this way it wouldn't matter at which slot the player is.

• Like 1

That's all sort of above my head but I love a good challenge.  I tried to catch up on this thread but so much to read and so little time :)

Let me absorb your solution.  Thanks a million!!

And yes, quite an amazing mission.  I was playing Antistasi,  and don't get me wrong, it's great as well, but there's so much to like with Liberation I think I've found a new home.  Thanks again!

With the edit Darkhound gave you, you can add players who will be able to open the logistic and production dialog.

If you were looking for additional zeus access, you can just add the modules via the editor for the slots you want.

Really glad, that you enjoy the mission that much :)

Got it going! 

What really impresses me, looking through this thread, is the quick responses you all have to peoples questions and problems. 

We're having a blast with this mission.

One other question for now, why aren't the personal stats ie: kills, respawns etc showing up when I press P?  Seemed to work prior to adding ACE.

39 minutes ago, Clyde Toris said:

What really impresses me, looking through this thread, is the quick responses you all have to peoples questions and problems. 

Well... personally I get mails when someone reply to this thread or post an issue on GitHub. Also I've discord on the smartphone, where are currently more than 500 people are around who mostly play, edit, contribute or host Liberation. I just think that when I'm as person say "I will continue the work and development" it should be also included that I'll help and support people who have serious and honest questions. I couldn't "ignore" someone who ask something. This is only a hobby of mine, sure, but if I've time in that moment, I'll answer as good as I can. Or at the next moment I've enough time between my "normal stuff".

And the community (who also reply in discord, GitHub and this thread) is also great in their doings and they are always something what keeps me motivated. So concerning your sentence, I can also add that I'm very impressed and thankful for the support from the user side of the mission. :)

39 minutes ago, Clyde Toris said:

One other question for now, why aren't the personal stats ie: kills, respawns etc showing up when I press P?  Seemed to work prior to adding ACE.

This is related to ACE itself and no "bug" in general.

If you use ACE you can basically say "everyone get killed by himself". This is because of the medical system, where nearly everyone dies due to blood loss and not due to the bullet directly. Therefor the vanilla "kill counting" mechanisms don't really work with ACE. Concerning Liberation, I've just implemented a fix in the actual dev version to catch this behaviour for the internal functionalities, if someone uses ACE. See this link for that:

So if you play with ACE (what I personally would always recommend ^^) you don't have reliable score board entries. But to be honest..... ArmA is a simulation where a "Death/Kill" ratio shouldn't be really important.

Well it just seems that these days there are too many people not living up to their promises, so my hat's off to you guys.

• Like 1

Love this mission just have one question. Im running this on a dedicated server how to i change the revive settings to anyone can reive using FAK not just medic class? Thanks 

Eagerly awaits the release of the 0.96 update...

Newly also figured out that the best server setup for Liberation is 8gb+ RAM, attempted to run 6gb and had to restart quite often.

0.96 will come in october, yeah :)

I guess it'll "only" contain the civil reputation system and the "enemy behaviour overhaul" will be postponed to the patched for 0.96 or maybe to 0.97. Reason is that the university started again and therefore my spare time for coding is a little less then before. But don't worry, it's still rolling, only not that fast as before.

For the server I would also think 8GB is the minimum and I recommend a restart every 4-6 hours.

15 hours ago, Wyqer said:

Thanks for the quick reply just to check as I am new to dedicated servers to make the fix so all can revive do I add the text below to my server cfg or somewhere else? 

Thanks Again 

-Nat

Revive Mode = Enabled for all players
Revive Duration = 8
Required Trait = None
Required Trait: Medic Speed Multiplier = 2x
Require Item = First Aid Kit / Medikit
Incapacitation Mode = Basic
Bleed Out Duration = 180
Force Respawn Duration = 8

No, you set the mission params that way in the MP Lobby.

In the role selection screen you've a button in the upper right area, where you can access the mission parameters and change them to your likings.

This might be helpful concerning changing the parameters:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#why-can-i-dont-make-changes-to-the-parameters-in-the-lobby

If you want to change the default values (so you don't have to change them after every server restart manually), you can unpbo the mission and change the values in ui/mission_params.hpp

Also an article concerning this is available at the wiki:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#uimission_paramshpp

If you don't know how to unpbo etc. you should read the "Important Hints" area of the admin section in the wiki.

Hope that'll help.