Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

On 8/15/2017 at 1:59 AM, Wyqer said:

"987654321" ];

in the whitelist.sqf.

I've come to the conclusion that i have a dynamic Steam64 ID.. It's changed 4 times since this morning.

Changed it to the most current one and it works.

Also - We had to manually fire the whitelist.sqf instead of allowing the init client to enforce the whitelist.

Otherwise it wouldn't work.

Sorry, but there is no "dynamic Steam ID", but as you've got the right one now it's fine I guess.

And if you want help it would be helpful for the helper if you post the exact error messages. And as you edited the whitelist.sqf, it would also be helpful to see what's edited (steam IDs are nothing secret)

what do you mean with "allowing the init client to enforce the whitelist"? There is no enforcing or something. The file is just named that way.

[] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\commander\enforce_whitelist.sqf";

leads in that file to

[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "whitelist.sqf";

which works without any issues, so I guess you've made a mistake in your edits if you've issues with the whitelist.

So please provide the necessary information I asked for and I'll have a look what could be done wrong. Or join the discord (text chat only) where many players are around (including me), who help with Liberation questions etc.

Otherwise I can't help you without the basic information.

Something general

If using ACE the MPKill Eventhandler was always providing the killed unit also as killer, due to the medical system, where most units die because of blood loss in 90% of the cases. This made the whole kill manager not really working if using ACE.

So using ACE lead to the fact that the kill_manager didn't worked well the whole time. You can safely add the edits in this commit to your file. But don't just replace your kill_manager.sqf with the one from the 0.96 dev branch, as that won't work with 0.955 versions.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/88fa4c143dc3e3a17f58fe87d96e6abfee6a3c53

• Like 1

@Wyqer I looked through the github pages, but don't seem to be able to locate the 0.96 dev branch download. Is this only available to certain individuals or to the public so others may assist with testing?

(Just asking since you mentioned: "But don't just replace your kill_manager.sqf with the one from the 0.96 dev branch" making it sound like it's available)

You can switch branches on GitHub via the left button which shows "Branch: master" by default. On the left side right above the "file browser".

But it's a dev branch. Nothing finished and I won't be able to give support for people who use unfinished dev branch files, as there are mostly daily changes on them. If there is something which is "basically finished" I'll provide prepacked 0.96 experimental missionfiles in this thread and the Liberation discord. These mission files are for "beta testings" to see if there are some bugs I've missed due to my tests, before I continue with the next part. So same procedure as before concerning these experimental missionfiles.

This is by far one of the best mods/scenarios i have ever tried.. But i do have one question. Since i mostly play single player (with mods that doesn't even work in multiplayer). I was wondering if it's possible to play this fully in single player? and with fully i mean how can i access the parameters to change difficulty and that sort of stuff? And btw, i have only tried this mod myself with local hosting. Thanks!

If you play it via hosting a LAN MP Game (which would be the way for playing SP, yes) you can adjust the parameters in the MP Lobby, where you select your role, in the same way as on a dedicated server. Just click on the parameters button on the upper right.

Also you could download the missionfile from GitHub, do the edits you want, and put the pbo in your mpmissions folder. That way you can adjust some more things like presets or available vehicles etc. (instructions for this are all in the wiki, which is located at the GitHub)

13 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

If you play it via hosting a LAN MP Game (which would be the way for playing SP, yes) you can adjust the parameters in the MP Lobby, where you select your role, in the same way as on a dedicated server. Just click on the parameters button on the upper right.

Also you could download the missionfile from GitHub, do the edits you want, and put the pbo in your mpmissions folder. That way you can adjust some more things like presets or available vehicles etc. (instructions for this are all in the wiki, which is located at the GitHub)

Awesome! Thanks for your answer! :D

• Like 1

@wyqer question if someone was gonna Convert Version .96 for a specific mod set would there be any thing that would change with the Custom.sqf file to start working on it for the full update?

also your post about the kill manager does that mean the kill manager will work post .96?

@Applejakerie is currently working on some changes to the preset system. But as I know these changes will be done this or next week.

What do you mean with "will work post .96"? The script also worked before, there was only an issue when using ACE medical, which is fixed now.

9 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@Applejakerie is currently working on some changes to the preset system. But as I know these changes will be done this or next week.

What do you mean with "will work post .96"? The script also worked before, there was only an issue when using ACE medical, which is fixed now.

Ah Meant with Ace medical I forget that not every one uses ace

On 14/09/2017 at 4:30 PM, Wyqer said:

The server fps are looking very fine. Everything above 20/25 is totally fine.

Concerning the lags on your clients, I guess it's maybe really client related. Depending on their connection, their graphic settings, etc.

Maybe you could ask your clients for their own logs (appdata\local\arma3) and look there, if you find something strange.

You were right, after many many test here is my conclusions :

1/ Try to avoid wifi connexion when playing CTI with ten's (hundred) of active units, even if you have a strong internet connexion better use ethernet connexion between computer and router.

2/ In "Extended Options" menu, just use "Ajust view distance to keep fps above" : 30 fps (is fine)

3/ For server admin : even if your server fps is always above 30/40 ftp, better use headless clients, this will free ressources to the main server that will only manage to transfert objects positions on the map.

Here is the results for my configuration :

1/ Server difficulty was set to moderate with 100% unit, with 2 headless clients gigabyte connected to each others.

2/ My computer is laptop core i5 with geforce 950m gtx

Ingame with 5 players

Flyby over (210 active units and 50 vehicles) : 35 fps

in town CQB (150 active units and 25 vehicles) : 29 fps

For Wyqer : ive just a problem with headless client. After a random time, ennemies units dont spawn anymore, only vehicles are active. Ive to restart map and then all goes fine.

Any others has reported this ?

cheers

HW

I have a small suggestion! Or maybe It's already in but i don't know how to use it. First of i love the logistics overview. to be able to send cargo back n forth. But 1. i would like to be able to access logistics overview anywhere (not only the FOB).

Secondly is there some option like "take ALL the cargo from this base to another". Because atm i have to open production settings to look how many resources each base has and then write in the number. Any tips?

Cheers! :D

@highwave

I'm not aware of any issues concerning the one you've described yet, no. Also during the international Liberation sessions we used 2 HCs and hadn't any issues with spawning enemies during the 6 hours sessions. Anything suspicious in the HC or Server logs?

@psrkallez06

You can access the production and logistic overview in FOBs and production sectors (cities and factories)

Concerning "take all" you can just enter something like 1,000,000 and it will bring you everything. Like in the article about how to create a kind of passive income.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic#creating-a-passive-income

13 hours ago, highwave said:

For Wyqer : ive just a problem with headless client. After a random time, ennemies units dont spawn anymore, only vehicles are active. Ive to restart map and then all goes fine.

Any others has reported this ?

cheers

HW

Are you using linux server files?

14 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@psrkallez06

You can access the production and logistic overview in FOBs and production sectors (cities and factories)

Concerning "take all" you can just enter something like 1,000,000 and it will bring you everything. Like in the article about how to create a kind of passive income.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic#creating-a-passive-income

Oh i see! I first thought that if i type something like "100000" it would say "you don't have that much". But that solves it, Thank you man! :D

Is it possible to modify the time it takes to take cargo from FOB A to B? If so, which is the file i need to look in?

You can modify the estimated speed I've used in the script to create some suitable travel times for the convoys (which are intended longer than player driven trucks).

But you can't just modify the time it takes between FOBs

The running logistic system is handled here:

\scripts\server\resources\manage_logistics.sqf

the "create a task" is here:

\scripts\server\remotecall\save_logi_remote_call.sqf

@Davidone65

You've to edit the default values of the mission parameters if you want them to be persistent during automatic server restarts.
Please refer to these two wiki entries, which will give you all needed information to change the default values to your likings:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#uimission_paramshpp

Got a similar issue as @highwave, where the enemies don't spawn sometimes when a headless client is present.

I run the server on Windows server 2012 R2. 

I do a restart as well and then everything works fine again. It seems to happen once all players disconnects.

7 hours ago, Ellman said:

Got a similar issue as @highwave, where the enemies don't spawn sometimes when a headless client is present.

I run the server on Windows server 2012 R2. 

I do a restart as well and then everything works fine again. It seems to happen once all players disconnects.

Have had this happen as well. Not all the time but a restart always fixes it. Always when 2 headless clients and after at least one unit cap warning.

• Like 1

Hi,my question is how to do so are not required resources for support,I saw that in settings you can enable a feature known as ACE Compatibility it says that it disables the script Release and replenishment,help please really want to play without replenishment!

@Rodionbl

The resupply of vehicles for repair, rearm and refuel can't be deactivated. The ACE compatibility parameter only disables the implemented functions inside Liberation for these resupply actions, as ACE has is own (and much better) system. (same for the weather)

If you mean the resource system which is implemented since 0.95: No, you can't disable it. You should read the production and logistic article in the wiki, which explains also how to create a passive income with this system.

The only way to play without the resource system is to use the missionfiles with version pre 0.95 (which are still available on GitHub in the releases tab)