Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Is it possible you could add a script to disable shooting & explosives in main bases?

The problem I have is when I open the server up to the public the people who don't have build options start blowing everything up.

It would basically be possible, sure.

But I won't add something like this.

How would you defend yourself if your FOB is under attack?

And this is in general not a "failure" of the mission, as it's more a question about the behaviour of people who play on your server.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, Wyqer said:

@DirtyG16

Oh sweet there's a dev kit! I've just been grabbing them off your release lists and modifying them a bit. But like I said we've done all 8 of your release maps so I'll have to cycle back through them unless I make them. When I get a new one made I'll drop the mission.sqm here so other people can use it.

I found out that the USS Freedom is compatible with the F/A-18 mod so I've got the map starting with several planes already spawned on the carrier on Sahrani.

So naturally, I've used your instructions and kicked up the probability that some AA vehicles will spawn, including the dreaded Russian 2S6 Tunguska! How do I increase the probability of fixed wing spawns? What I'd like to do is make sure our pilots always have something to do, and really give them a challenge.

Thank you again Wyqer.

Enemy jets are very powerful, do you really want more of them more often in the airspace?

If you really want to, you can edit these:

\scripts\server\battlegroup\counter_battlegroup.sqf

Line 21

combat_readiness >= 70 &&

Air units spawn, when the combat readiness is 70 or above. If you lower this, you'll have enemy air units more often.

Also:

\scripts\server\battlegroup\spawn_air.sqf

Line 3

if ( combat_readiness >= 75 ) then { _planes_number = (floor (random 2)) };

There you should use a readiness value which is equal or just small higher than the value you used before. As you want more, you should use the same value and maybe edit the _planes_number, so that there is no chance for 0 planes.

if ( combat_readiness >= 75 ) then { _planes_number = ((floor (random 2)) + 1) };

With the newest version of ACE3, the mission seems to ignore the userconfig for the ace settings.

For example:

It does not detect that prevent instant death is on.

Which newest version? Last Update I recognized was from the 18th July this year.

Do you load the ace_server.pbo as seperate serverside mod?

And basically Liberation don't interfere with any mod settings of ACE. The ACE configuration via the ace_server.pbo is completely independent from Liberation.

I'm trying to build under a main powerline, but I'm not allowed. I'm too close to the mast of the main powerline, even though I'm pretty far away from it and other objects are closer.

Is it not possible to build under main powerlines by design?

When running ace3 and the rhs config, what vehicles counts as medical vehicles?

@stlassen

That's not intended, no.

I'll put it on the list for 0.96.

@Ellman

The ones you're define in the kp_liberation_config.sqf

// Vehicle classnames which also function as ACE medical vehicles.
KP_liberation_medical_vehicles = [
	"B_Truck_01_medical_F",
	"B_T_Truck_01_medical_F",
	"rhsusf_m113_usarmy_medical",
	"rhsusf_m113d_usarmy_medical",
	"RHS_UH60M_MEV2",
	"RHS_UH60M_MEV2_d"
];

• Like 1

Is there any way to change sides? For example: I'd like to play as OPFOR against IND or GUE. How can I change that?
P.S you guys made lovely missions, enjoying it playing with comrades.

Create a own preset (or adjust the custom.sqf) with the right classnames for the friendly and the enemy side.

Change the sides in the kp_liberation_config.sqf.

Change the respawn marker from respawn_west to respawn_east.

I haven't create any opfor vs. blufor conversions right now, but that's basically all you have to do.

On 15/03/2017 at 11:38 PM, Wyqer said:

@jimbobskee@hotmail.com

The 230 vehicles (or objects) are some custom build bases on the chernarus for the military capture points.

We're playing chernarus at the moment in our community, too. We're running without headless clients on our root server. We don't encounter server performance drops that notably impacts the client performances.

The shown server fps are about 25 - 40, which should be fine for a server (if I'm not horribly wrong).

But as you explain you've about 230 premade objects and a minimum of additional 300 units (not objects) on the map?

I'll have a look at a performance improvement for the 0.94 by disable simulation for some objects etc.

Hi Wyqer,

First many thanks for your excellent job, we already spend many hours enjoying your CTI.

Btw we are facing a random heavy fps loss while playing. After running in circle to find the origin, i decided yesterday evening to upgrade to a new dedicated server but we are facing the same problem with a less fps loss.

We are playing Malden with only ACE/CBA/TFR no other mod, i've just edited the map with Eden to add default ACE configuration to disable instant death and set medical and refuel system.

The old dedicated server configuration was :

Linux 64bits

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz

16Go Ram

2Tb standard HDD Raid 1

250Mbps full duplex bandwith

Server FPS was always between 40 and 50 fps with 110 active units and 260 vehicles, the #monitor admin command shows a limited bandwidth usage (between 99kbps and 500kbps under heavy ennemi's fire)

The new configuration is :

Linux 64bits

Intel Core I7

16Go Ram

128Gb SSD

512Mbps full duplex low latency

Server FPS was always between 40 and 50 fps with 110 active units and 260 vehicles, the #monitor admin command shows a limited bandwidth usage (between 99kbps and 500kbps under heavy ennemi's fire)

The strange thing is that all connected players (usually no more than 5)  are impacted in different level, and sometimes for no reasons the fps get back to normal.

Thank you for your feedback

Cheers

HighWave 

The server fps are looking very fine. Everything above 20/25 is totally fine.

Concerning the lags on your clients, I guess it's maybe really client related. Depending on their connection, their graphic settings, etc.

Maybe you could ask your clients for their own logs (appdata\local\arma3) and look there, if you find something strange.

@Wyqer

Would it be possible to have BluFor/OpFor/IndFor all fighting for sectors on the map?

Only BluFor would be played controlled, I feel like that would add another layer of tension.

----

Did you try that Player ID whitelist?

I did and nobody could use the Production Settings menu anymore.. Perhaps I messed something up.

Which ID are you to use? Steam ID?

----

I'm getting a weird issue on Huron Repair/Ammo/Fuel crates..

When I attempt to recycle them it shows "Scalar None" or something like that and refuses to recycle them.

----

Also, can Zeus be locked to Admin only?

Is there a way to disable pinging?

It would be possible, sure. But it'll really impact the performance if you run a "permanent" battlefield without the spawning and despawning of AI. Also it would be much work to code all this, as it's not slightly intended that something like that would happen in the mission. So I won't implement this in the way I understood. During the civil reputation system, there will be the guerilla force implemented. Later on also very possible as a small numbered playable side.

The player ID list is working very fine.

I guess you've entered the wrong IDs.

You use the SteamIDs, as it's stated in the comment above the array in the whitelist.sqf

// Allowed individual players based on their SteamID64. This is the most secure way to do.
// For example: "76561198016642627"

It's already fixed.

Have a look here:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/215c9b6139a45a4aa85109b39a49c59b24b56079

Zeus admin only:

just enter #adminLogged as owner of the zeus module.

Disable Tactical Ping:

Adjust your server difficulty settings.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile#Arma_3

8 hours ago, constance68w said:

@Wyqer

Would it be possible to have BluFor/OpFor/IndFor all fighting for sectors on the map?

Only BluFor would be played controlled, I feel like that would add another layer of tension.

----

Did you try that Player ID whitelist?

I did and nobody could use the Production Settings menu anymore.. Perhaps I messed something up.

Which ID are you to use? Steam ID?

----

I'm getting a weird issue on Huron Repair/Ammo/Fuel crates..

When I attempt to recycle them it shows "Scalar None" or something like that and refuses to recycle them.

----

Also, can Zeus be locked to Admin only?

Is there a way to disable pinging?

Yeah it works flawlessly. If you use this to find the steam id  https://steamidfinder.com/

Use the Steamid64 one. As long as you added the array to whitelist and did the edit to action_manager.sqf, it will work great

Hello! I have a little question:

The server comes with the Nightstalker scope not allowed by default.
How can I change it? in Arsenal_preset / custom.sqf there is nothing and in useBlacklist.sqf is empty. How can I afford to use it?

5 hours ago, Gordii said:

Hello! I have a little question:

The server comes with the Nightstalker scope not allowed by default.
How can I change it? in Arsenal_preset / custom.sqf there is nothing and in useBlacklist.sqf is empty. How can I afford to use it?

Open the kp_liberation_config.sqf and add it to the section

// Items which should be added as allowed Items, when they get blacklisted, even if they are not in the blacklisted_from_arsenal array
KP_liberation_allowed_items_extension = [

Should sort that out

So... I'm gonna keep doing what I do when it comes to ask questions.

How difficult would it be to allow civilians to be suicide bombers?

And is there a way to enable the ied script to go off on infantry?

@Gordii

@Darkhound7

The Nightstalker is blacklisted via the arsenal blacklist by default as it's usually a too OP scope.

If you want to have it in your mission, go to kp_liberation_config.sqf and remove it from the blacklisted_from_arsenal array. Don't add it to the allowed_items_extension, as the nightstalker is defined in the blacklisted_from_arsenal array.

@Ellman

The IED script already recognize infantry and explode if some people are around the ied (should simulate the IED behaviour and not a real manufactured mine). If you want to change the limit for infantry:

\scripts\server\sector\ied_manager.sqf

change the value of: _infantry_trigger = 2 + (floor (random 3));

Kind of suicide bombers situations will be part of 0.96

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:0.96

10 hours ago, Wyqer said:

The IED script already recognize infantry and explode if some people are around the ied (should simulate the IED behaviour and not a real manufactured mine). If you want to change the limit for infantry:

\scripts\server\sector\ied_manager.sqf

change the value of: _infantry_trigger = 2 + (floor (random 3));

Kind of suicide bombers situations will be part of 0.96

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:0.96

When can we expect 0.96?

You should really take a brief overview about the link I gave you, before you ask a question which is anwered in there. Don't get me wrong, but it only shows that provided information won't get read.

8 hours ago, Wyqer said:

You should really take a brief overview about the link I gave you, before you ask a question which is anwered in there. Don't get me wrong, but it only shows that provided information won't get read.

My bad, quickly read through it. Mid fight on Takistan over Loy Manera at this moment. (Liberation of course)

• Like 1

@Wyqer

Spoiler

if (((_fobdistance < _distfob) || ((count _prod_sector) == 12)) && ((getPlayerUID player) in KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist) && alive player && vehicle player == player && ((count KP_liberation_production) > 0)) then {
        if (_idact_production == -1) then {
            _idact_production = player addAction ["<t color='#FF8000'>" + localize "STR_PRODUCTION_ACTION" + "</t>","scripts\client\commander\open_production.sqf","",-998,false,true,"","build_confirmed == 0"];
        };
    } else {
        if (_idact_production != -1) then {
            player removeAction _idact_production;
            _idact_production = -1;
        };
    };

if (KP_liberation_ailogistics) then {
        if ((_fobdistance < _distfob) && ((getPlayerUID player) in KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist) && alive player && vehicle player == player && (((count GRLIB_all_fobs) + (count KP_liberation_production)) > 1)) then {
            if (_idact_logistic == -1) then {
                _idact_logistic = player addAction ["<t color='#FF8000'>" + localize "STR_LOGISTIC_ACTION" + "</t>","scripts\client\commander\open_logistic.sqf","",-999,false,true,"","build_confirmed == 0"];
            };
        } else {
            if (_idact_logistic != -1) then {
                player removeAction _idact_logistic;
                _idact_logistic = -1;
            };
        };
    };

What am I doing wrong?

I'm still getting errors..

What kind of errors and where did you define a KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist?