Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@Ellman
You've to run the ace_server.pbo to use the serverconfig.hpp on your server (local works also with the ace_server.pbo)

Information here:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation#ace-serverside-settings

Concerning Stamina:

As you use ACE, the parameter in the lobby alone won't work for you, as this only disables the vanilla stamina. You've to deactivate the stamina in the config for ACE also.

I recommend to get information about the mods you use, that would help very much in your configuration issues:

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/

I can't confirm, that there are any issues with the actual ACE version concerning the configuration of the stamina.

For a general information:

There can't be a "works on Altis, don't work on Al Rayak" basically. Reason is, that all missions have the exact same script files. Just the preset is changed in the preconfigured missions from the workshop or github releases tab. The only real difference is only the mission.sqm file (so the map itself with the markers etc.)

• Like 1

Hello. I would like to know how to delete or add a unit from custom.sqf ?
Example.

I deleted the lines with the pilots and the mission broke.

Also I replaced pilot_classname  before removing the lines with the pilots  and all work fine.

Spoiler

crewman_classname = "B_G_Soldier_lite_F";                                // This defines the crew for vehicles.                                                                                                     Default is "B_crew_F".
   pilot_classname = "B_G_Soldier_lite_F";                                    // This defines the pilot for helicopters.                                                                                                 Default is "B_Helipilot_F".

["B_helicrew_F",10,0,0],                                            //Helicopter Crew
    ["B_Helipilot_F",10,0,0],                                            //Helicopter Pilot
    ["B_Pilot_F",10,0,0]                                                //Pilot

Second question. How to change OPFOR side to AAF(green guys) ?

@Opavelin

#1 So the mission broke when you replaced the lines because the last entry in any array has no "," (comma) at the end. My guess is you deleted the pilot lines and were left with an array that ended with a "," (comma).

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints#preventing-common-mistakes

#2 Just add AAF units to the enemy spawn lists, at current, the Guerrilla (independent) side co-operate with OPFOR and engage BLUFOR.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#presetscustomsqf

On 7/29/2017 at 10:22 PM, Twigg said:

@DruidicRifleman

i have had luck with it by just adding it to a init in a object placed on map,

I'm trying to get this working by adding a service object, running into trouble trying to do so, via do build.sqf and save manager.sqf, but i kind of suck at scripting

was it A Server side only mod or client side required?

9 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.6 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm/Param.hpp unchanged.
- FIX: Destroyed vehicle markers not appearing on dedicated server after a server restart.
- FIX: Lift a vehicle with player inside (crew).
- FIX: Logistic point not working if player drop weapon on it.
- FIX: Vehicle explosion damage others objects around during database loading.

Have fun !

Thanks for the update.  My groups really enjoys playing this!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

@Opavelin

#1 So the mission broke when you replaced the lines because the last entry in any array has no "," (comma) at the end. My guess is you deleted the pilot lines and were left with an array that ended with a "," (comma).

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints#preventing-common-mistakes

#2 Just add AAF units to the enemy spawn lists, at current, the Guerrilla (independent) side co-operate with OPFOR and engage BLUFOR.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#presetscustomsqf

Many thanks. Everything was so simple.

About the second. I do not need to change GRLIB_side_enemy = EAST; ?
Or just replace
O_Soldier_F to I_Soldier_F and this will work?

You can just replace it.

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

You can just replace it.

Very grateful.  This mission is very friendly to editing.

• Like 1

I bet that I'm lightly hated for all my questions, but hey what's a forum for.

In the "kp_liberation_config.sqf" it states that the vanilla file is the custom.sqf being used:

Spoiler

Which units preset should be used?
0 = Default vanilla with RHS USAF and BWMod, both optional (edit the custom.sqf in the presets\ folder to change things for your own versions and tweaks).

So if I were to just copy paste in all the 3cbBAF.sqf content into the custom.sqf and add additional vehicles & building then it would still be 3cbBAF vs RHSAFRF correct?

(Obviously overwrite the content that is already in the custom.sqf)

Would that also mean that I technically could switch what enemy units we face?

You can edit everything you want in the file, yeah. Everything is commented, so you should be able to see what'll change something in the game.

You could also just select KP_liberation_preset = 5 and edit the 3cbBAD.sqf

2 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

You can edit everything you want in the file, yeah. Everything is commented, so you should be able to see what'll change something in the game.

You could also just select KP_liberation_preset = 5 and edit the 3cbBAD.sqf

When doing that it resets the mission save. is that a default thing it does?

No. Editing the preset files can't cause a reset. Only if you've done a mistake in the edit it would cause a "stuck on respawn island".

14 hours ago, Wyqer said:

No. Editing the preset files can't cause a reset. Only if you've done a mistake in the edit it would cause a "stuck on respawn island".

Slowly wrapping my head around the issue.

can any one point me what sqf do i need to edit to increase the number of defending AI from each point please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

\scripts\server\sector\manage_one_sector.sqf

affected by the difficulty parameter

How does the automatic AI who does the logistics work? I can't find anything on how to do it.

Hi!

First time hosting the mission, fell in love with the mission right away ... as did the whole of our small group. We're having a blast pushing back the Russians from Taunus and at first it was a bit predictable after a while but it didn't take long before all kinds of crazy reinforcements started arriving and made our lives a whole lot more unpredictable and interesting to say the least :D

Excellent work!

One question tho; we did this major session basically only building FOBs, placed beautiful concrete walls around them all, made zig-zag entry ways guarded with all kinds of AI so the enemy just couldn't steam roll the FOB if they wanted to. After a server restart the placement was like it had been a minor earth quake with random wall segments (concrete walls and hesco walls) being moved a couple of meters basically rendering the once beautiful walls unusable :)

I guess this might have to do with that objects can't spawn or be created inside another object (even if colliding very very _very_ slightly) so it gets moved to a "safe" location and spawned there instead perhaps? Aka vanilla Arma mechanics more than anything? False/true?

Any tips&tricks on how to build solid walls that will look good (and serve its purpose) even after server restart? :)

Unfortunately this is very much an "Arma mechanic" issue and although we're always looking and hoping a good fix is possible, it may not be. All I can really say is it is to do with the save/load and it is only the walls. Personally, if it's important to what's happening, I'd use Zeus to quickly align everything again, via the Ares mod you can add anything in the area as an editable object. Otherwise however, I'd avoid putting too much time into "the perfect base walls".

Sorry to give you this information. ^^;

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/48

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/138

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#how-can-i-enable-full-zeus

\scripts\server\sector\manage_one_sector.sqf

affected by the difficulty parameter
thanks.
i had a looked at it and it looked complicated than i expected.

will you be able to let me know which part of it i need to edit to increase number of defenders in the sector?

or has anyone ever managed to increase it let me know. thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Applejakerie Nothing to be sorry about! Arma will be Arma :)

As long as we know what to expect and how to handle it, all is good!

• Like 1