Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Than the full serverlog please, as I asked.

You can also consider to join the discord (text chat only) as you can drag files there, etc. (link in the first post)

There are also many Liberation players around.

@Wyqer I'm trying to use your kp_load_loadout_cargo.sqf in our kp_liberation mission. I have it working fine in my test mission (have the [] execVM "kp_load_loadout_cargo.sqf" in my init.sqf but when I try to add it to liberation mission the scroll wheel option to LOAD does not appear.  Is there a specific place I need to add that ( [] execVM "kp_load_loadout_cargo.sqf)? I am not using the arsenal option.

Thanks

Eric

Edited by eric963
Addition

You have to register the vehicles which should have the option to the script. You have instructions for that in the scriptfile itself.

But to implement it in Liberation you should do something like the following. It's not the nicest way, but it'll work.

do_build.sqf

Insert at Line 330 (after the switch statement)

private _loadoutVehicles = [];
{
	_loadoutVehicles = _loadoutVehicles + [_x select 0];
} forEach light_vehicles;

if (_classname in _loadoutVehicles) then {
    KP_loadout_cargo_objects pushBack _vehicle;
};

publicVariable "KP_loadout_cargo_objects";

save_manager.sqf

Insert at Line 229 (after the if for the flag)

{

if (_nextclass in _loadoutVehicles) then {
    KP_loadout_cargo_objects pushBack _nextbuilding;
};

15 hours ago, Wyqer said:

You have to register the vehicles which should have the option to the script. You have instructions for that in the scriptfile itself.

But to implement it in Liberation you should do something like the following. It's not the nicest way, but it'll work.

do_build.sqf

Insert at Line 330 (after the switch statement)

{

if (_classname in _loadoutVehicles) then {
    KP_loadout_cargo_objects pushBack _vehicle;
};

save_manager.sqf

Insert at Line 229 (after the if for the flag)

{

if (_nextclass in _loadoutVehicles) then {
    KP_loadout_cargo_objects pushBack _nextbuilding;
};

OK, made the changes but still no scroll wheel LOAD option. Below is what works in my basic test mission. Am I missing something else that needs to be set?

// CONFIG START
// Should loadouts from the arsenal of the player be available?
_arsenal_loadouts = false;

// Array for predefined loudouts
// Format: ["NAME",["ITEM CLASSNAME","ITEM CLASSNAME","ITEM CLASSNAME"]]
_predefined_loadouts = [
	["AA Ammo (2)",["rhs_fim92_mag","rhs_fim92_mag"]],
	["Jav Ammo(2)",["rhs_fgm148_magazine_AT","rhs_fgm148_magazine_AT"]]
];

// Classnames of objects which should be provide loading functionality
// you can leave it empty, if you just want objects where you've written in the init line: this setVariable ["KP_loadout_cargo_object",1];
// if you want to add objects during a mission to the list of objects do: KP_loadout_cargo_objects pushBack X; publicVariable "KP_loadout_cargo_objects"; (X -> the spawned object which you want to add)
_object_classnames = [
	"rhsusf_M977A4_AMMO_BKIT_usarmy_wd"
];

// CONFIG END

I tested it in the meanwhile and it worked fine for me.

Maybe you should join the discord (text chat) and share your pbo there, so I can have a direct look what you did.

I tested it in the meanwhile and it worked fine for me.
Maybe you should join the discord (text chat) and share your pbo there, so I can have a direct look what you did.

I'll check my changes again tonight and if I still can't get it to work I'll join discord and share the pbo.

Your mission is all my small group like to play now. Can't wait for civilian death penalties, my guy will all have to learn a little fire control.

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'll check my changes again tonight and if I still can't get it to work I'll join discord and share the pbo.

Your mission is all my small group like to play now. Can't wait for civilian death penalties, my guy will all have to learn a little fire control.

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on kp_loadout

V955 - mouse wheel load option appears and functions properly ( previous attempt was operator error. Needed a 2nd vehicle there for the option to appear) but the next time you load the mission the fob is not there and you are placed on a little island. Happens with vanilla or rhs presets.

Note: when making the changes you posted the line numbers did not match where you wanted them to be made.

V96dev - the insertion line numbers matched your instructions. The load option worked correctly and next session loaded in properly.

Would the .96dev version work with our .955 save?

Thanks
Eric

Got a problem with ACE, it insta kills you and does not put you in unconscious state. I've tried to add the ACE modules but something is still causing it. Any idea how to solve this issue?

@eric963
atm the 96dev is compatible with 955.

@Ellman

You just have to set up ACE like you do it for any other mission (I recommend the server config). As long as you deactivate the BI Revive System and activate the ACE compatibilitiy (which deactivates the weather and rearm script) in the parameters, Liberation won't block or disturb anything in ACE.

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

You just have to set up ACE like you do it for any other mission (I recommend the server config). As long as you deactivate the BI Revive System and activate the ACE compatibilitiy (which deactivates the weather and rearm script) in the parameters, Liberation won't block or disturb anything in ACE.

So setup the desired ACE settings in the serverconfig.hpp file?

And that file needs to go into the userconfig that the server uses correct?

I'm use to using the modules when I setup and not using the config file.

Edit: I believe that I have solved the issue I had now. I appreciate the help @Wyqer

Where does one find the file to add more base building items/structures?

• Like 1

Can one change the enemy side faction on the Altis mission?

I went into the "kp_liberation_confiq.sqf" without any luck, only found the that you can switch the enemy side (West, East Resistance. .etc)

@Wyqer

How does the save system work? As I use a game host, so not sure if it would work on there...

2 minutes ago, RoF said:

How does the save system work? As I use a game host, so not sure if it would work on there...

It's automatic, every 60 seconds.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ellman said:

It's automatic, every 60 seconds.

That's good to know, but was wondering more about the how. Does it use database or write to file etc. Some server hosts are funny about what you can do (with good reason lol)

3 hours ago, RoF said:

That's good to know, but was wondering more about the how. Does it use database or write to file etc. Some server hosts are funny about what you can do (with good reason lol)

I believe it writes to a file on the dedicated host

I remember seeing something about somewhere but can't recall it at this time. Will let you know if I see it again.

I personally run a server off a VPS so I can fully manage it, but you would have to use filezilla if its a game server.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2017 at 5:43 PM, Ellman said:

So setup the desired ACE settings in the serverconfig.hpp file?

And that file needs to go into the userconfig that the server uses correct?

I'm use to using the modules when I setup and not using the config file.

Edit: I believe that I have solved the issue I had now. I appreciate the help @Wyqer

Where does one find the file to add more base building items/structures?

That file you're looking for to add more objects and structures for the build menu would be based on whichever preset you are using.

Vanilla -> presets\custom.sqf
Tanoa -> presets\apex_tanoa.sqf
RHS -> presets\rhs.sqf
RHS & BW -> presets\rhs_bw.sqf
RHS on Takistan -> presets\rhs_takistan.sqf
BAF -> presets\3cbBAF.sqf

On 23/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, Ellman said:

Can one change the enemy side faction on the Altis mission?

I went into the "kp_liberation_confiq.sqf" without any luck, only found the that you can switch the enemy side (West, East Resistance. .etc)

@Wyqer

This require a bit more work than that and has already been done somewhere by a community member, it isn't anything supported as of yet however.

4 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

That file you're looking for to add more objects and structures for the build menu would be based on whichever preset you are using.

Vanilla -> presets\custom.sqf
Tanoa -> presets\apex_tanoa.sqf
RHS -> presets\rhs.sqf
RHS & BW -> presets\rhs_bw.sqf
RHS on Takistan -> presets\rhs_takistan.sqf
BAF -> presets\3cbBAF.sqf

This require a bit more work than that and has already been done somewhere by a community member, it isn't anything supported as of yet however.

I appreciate the response, I did some editing and managed to get it to work.

But I seem to have stumbled upon a new issue almost right away, when using the RHS preset, I can't seem to rearm the main ammunition for vehicles.

Such as:

A-10 GAU 8

Attack Helicopters 30mm rounds

So I attempted to add a script for it but that force resets the mission. Any chance you have experienced this?

Hey, In our dedicated server we are having micro stuttering problems. It happends like a clock every 5-6 seconds and everyone has a little freeze. This happends too with the server just restarted, only one user connected and 900m far away of any enemy base (the carrier).

The cap is reduced to 75% and the civil in "reduced". The map says 50fps in green. Btw is in Chernarus with and without Open Chernarus.

The problem starts after we got 16 production facilities and his logistics lines with 1 assigned truck each. I tried abort all logictics but the issue still happends. With a savegame wipe the problem is fixed.

Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Ellman said:

I appreciate the response, I did some editing and managed to get it to work.

But I seem to have stumbled upon a new issue almost right away, when using the RHS preset, I can't seem to rearm the main ammunition for vehicles.

Such as:

A-10 GAU 8

Attack Helicopters 30mm rounds

So I attempted to add a script for it but that force resets the mission. Any chance you have experienced this?

That's an issue with RHS I believe, saw something similar to this recently. Have a look on their own forum first and see if there any any other reports aimed at them.

3 hours ago, helice said:

Hey, In our dedicated server we are having micro stuttering problems. It happends like a clock every 5-6 seconds and everyone has a little freeze. This happends too with the server just restarted, only one user connected and 900m far away of any enemy base (the carrier).

The cap is reduced to 75% and the civil in "reduced". The map says 50fps in green. Btw is in Chernarus with and without Open Chernarus.

The problem starts after we got 16 production facilities and his logistics lines with 1 assigned truck each. I tried abort all logictics but the issue still happends. With a savegame wipe the problem is fixed.

Any suggestions?

That's strange. In parameters you have a "debug" option, could you enable this and play as usual. If the problem persists again send that .RPT to us using either Discord or the Github issues page. It would be a good idea to enable the debug option by default so you don't miss it one session, if you didn't know, this is done in:

ui\mission_params.hpp

change:

class DebugEnable {
        title = $STR_PARAMS_DEBUG_ENABLE;
        values[] = { 0, 1 };
        texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED, $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED };
        default = 0;

to:

class DebugEnable {
        title = $STR_PARAMS_DEBUG_ENABLE;
        values[] = { 0, 1 };
        texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED, $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED };
        default = 1;

and save then repack mission, load that to server and continue playing.

Here's the Github issues link: https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues

Discord link is front page and on the "Code" tab of Github, scroll down.

5 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

That's strange. In parameters you have a "debug" option, could you enable this and play as usual. If the problem persists again send that .RPT to us using either Discord or the Github issues page. It would be a good idea to enable the debug option by default so you don't miss it one session, if you didn't know, this is done in:

Thanks for the answer and the easy explanation howto debug. I will send you the RPT in the moment the problem is reproduced. Best regards.

Hey, this might have been answered, but how do you get logistics convoys set up?  anytime I try to run one, it says the route is not available, I placed an FOB right next to the road, it there a certain trick or area to generally place the FOB?

On 27/07/2017 at 7:45 AM, Wyqer said:

Here are some information about the system:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki

Ideal thanks, I'm all up and running now.

One thing I did find is, I guess you don't use makepbo(?) It found quite a few errors when I packed the pbo. I'll post it here as I don't know how to use GitHub lol

\GREUH\UI\GREUH_interface.hpp: Line 629 access= anything is bis-only to protect thier classes. Remove this line, it is no use to you, and deadly to the engine.
\GREUH\UI\GREUH_interface.hpp: Line 839 Expected Semicolon (or eol)

//#define COLOR_BROWN
//is: { 0.30, 0.25, 0.2, 0.75 }
//was: { 0.18, 0.14, 0.11, 0.75 }
\ui\defines.hpp: Line 84 #define altered without a #undef (I just changed it to { 0.18, 0.14, 0.11, 0.75 } and it packed fine)

\ui\standard_controls.hpp: Line 3 access= anything is bis-only to protect thier classes. Remove this line, it is no use to you, and deadly to the engine.
\ui\standard_controls.hpp: Line 521 access= anything is bis-only to protect thier classes. Remove this line, it is no use to you, and deadly to the engine.
\ui\liberation_build.hpp: Line 141 Expected Semicolon (or eol)
\ui\liberation_build.hpp: Line 225 Trailing , in array. . binarise will have a fit, ask bis to get their act together

Note if you use makepbo, it doesn't like .hpp files in mission pbo's so doesn't pack them. I just renamed them .sqf and changed paths in files. It worked fine plus you have error checking, which pbo manager doesn't do