Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hello,

We are setting up the Huron containers (re*: i.e. repair, rearm, refuel), and having some difficulty with them. They do not seem to be working properly, do not provide the resource to vehicles.

Now, I do need to clarify, I placed them where what seems to be just "outside" the FOB "zone", if you will. I suspect that's the case since when I try to recycle them, I am getting "NaN" or "null" issues.

So to clarify, when we build the Huron containers, do these need to be WITHIN the FOB zone in order for them to work properly?

Additionally, are these containers any more "bottomless" than the apparently limited Hemtt service trucks? i.e. 1x A-10 appears to completely deplete 1x Ammo Hemtt.

Thank you kindly!

• Like 1

The recycle of the containers don't work in 955. It's already fixed on GitHub, but as it's no "gamebreaker" basically I don't wanted to pull out a patch for one small thing.

Are you playing with ACE? In ACE the rearm is currently broken. (But already fixed in the upcoming ACE Version)

If you play without ACE, the rearm etc. works like in Vanilla. Drive with a vehicle near the resupply truck or container and stop there. While sitting in the vehicle it will be replenished.

1 minute ago, Wyqer said:

The recycle of the containers don't work in 955. It's already fixed on GitHub, but as it's no "gamebreaker" basically I don't wanted to pull out a patch for one small thing.

Are you playing with ACE? In ACE the rearm is currently broken. (But already fixed in the upcoming ACE Version)

If you play without ACE, the rearm etc. works like in Vanilla. Drive with a vehicle near the resupply truck or container and stop there. While sitting in the vehicle it will be replenished.

I see.

As far as "operating" the action, it seems as though the player doing the action needs to "operate" or at least jump in the driver seat of the Hemtt, then back in the slot that's receiving the action. Repair and refuel, doesn't matter which slot. Ammo, for the appropriate slot, whether Pilot/Driver or Gunner.

Thanks for the feedback...

A special mod draw me attention today as it was also mentioned by BI on their recurrent Sitrep. It is about "Aegis".

The main reason that draw attention is that is mainly a reskin of Vanilla items and some few interesting addition to vehicle also. I saw few APCs with removed turret and marked as medical vehicles which can really be used in Liberation mission. I also saw some very interesting police skins, a black Ifrit, some nice extra skins for helicopters... all of them very nice.

I know we can change the mission as we like :), but I just considered worth for a heads up here, in case you will find usefull this array of great working items for your next version of mission. Also some nice skins ported from Argo for Clouds and Flames are available here.

More feedback.

We build an FOB that somehow the storage could not be found, so we had several supply lines with "no storagespace" even though there was.

I repacked the FOB and moved it slightly, and then the storage could be found.

However, I tried aborting those supply lines, now they are stuck in an "Aborting mission/no storagespace" condition and won't free up.

Any ideas what we need to do? Admin needs to "touch" some script and/or back end database?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Another question...

Can we have more than the military alphabet (i.e. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc) supply lines running? i.e. Add #27 named Alpha Alpha, Alpha Bravo, Alpha Charlie, etc... ?

Thanks!

• Like 1

@mwpowellhtx
Maybe you want to have a look into this:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic

Abort: The current mission is aborted. The group will drive back to the last destination they're coming from, unload all possible loaded resources and prepare themself for the next mission.

So, did you checked that there is really enough space at the last destination?

And no, at the moment there is only the alphabet for the convoys. But I can expand it for the next version, why not.

Is there anyway to change how many air vehicles are unlocked per building placed?

I've combed through it for awhile now, but can't work out how to do it.

\scripts\server\resources\recalculate_resources.sqf

There are the countings for the buildings.

Think the easiest way to change how many per building would be to add a multiplier at the end.

For example

line 76 and 77

KP_liberation_heli_slots = _local_heli_slots * 2;
	KP_liberation_plane_slots = _local_plane_slots * 2;

On 7/12/2017 at 2:27 AM, Wyqer said:

@mwpowellhtx
Maybe you want to have a look into this:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic

So, did you checked that there is really enough space at the last destination?

And no, at the moment there is only the alphabet for the convoys. But I can expand it for the next version, why not.

Yes, there is room in the destination, and adding more room to help with that. But they are remaining in the Aborting mission/no storagespace condition. Is there some script or data file/base we can touch to help with that? Just double checked; both destinations in the route have PLENTY of room. But the slot remains stuck aborting.

Yes, an expansion algorithm would be great. We're getting overwhelmed with a slim 26 possible routes on this map.

I know this probably doesn't really belong here, but I've really been enjoying this mission and y'all seem like a helpful bunch.

Does anyone know if there is a mod/script that will allow me to change the items in a vehicle's inventory?

Example: I build a Gorgon, fill it with troops, but adding extra gear (ammo, grenades, medical supplies, ect) requires me to get the stuff from the armory and load it manually. This is a big pain if I am trying to put a lot of stuff in the vehicle inventory. Especially if I have to keep changing loadouts.

For some reason since I upgraded, when you spawn it spawns you in the middle of the desert. This is Takistan 955

*EDIT*

Deleted my Profile and all is working now :)

2 hours ago, Drewgamer said:

I know this probably doesn't really belong here, but I've really been enjoying this mission and y'all seem like a helpful bunch.

Does anyone know if there is a mod/script that will allow me to change the items in a vehicle's inventory?

Example: I build a Gorgon, fill it with troops, but adding extra gear (ammo, grenades, medical supplies, ect) requires me to get the stuff from the armory and load it manually. This is a big pain if I am trying to put a lot of stuff in the vehicle inventory. Especially if I have to keep changing loadouts.

Not sure about most of that, but if you or the server admin can edit the mission file to allow the Commander to use full Zeus access, you could (especially with Ares Achilles mod) easily edit the cargo loadout for vehicles (even dynamic loadout for air/rotor craft) as long as it's set to be spawnable in the mission itself. Though you may need to make the commander slot whitelisted if this is done, so other people can't hop into it and spawn whatever they want.

I have the post in the old Liberation topic bookmarked, where Wyqer explains how to make Zeus fully operational for the mission if you would like that.

@mwpowellhtx
If you like, join the discord and provide your missionfile and save data. I can have a look at it and could try to figure out what's wrong with your convoy.

Have a look at the wiki to see how you can access the save data.

@Drewgamer
Maybe the loadout to vehicle script is something which could help you.
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/205922-small-scripts-for-arma-3-from-kp/

@gameoverdude
Yeah, I bet you have played Takistan maybe before once and you had an old save in your vars. Next time you should just enable the both "wipe save" parameters. No need to delete your whole profile :)

@solex
No need for links which lead inside old postings in the thread:
https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#how-can-i-enable-full-zeus

• Like 1

@solex Unlocking the full Zeus didn't allow me to access vehicle inventory (I can only affect locking).  I haven't checked the Achilles thing out yet, though I want more than just Zeus player to be able to add things to vehicle so this may not be the solution in the end.

@Wyqer This script is brilliant!  Simple and effective for what I needed.  Is it possible to have it change the menu when people create/delete loadouts or do they only initialize when the mission starts?

Hi looking to add a custom init to one of the buildings like the air tower, not to sure how to go about it
is it as simple as modifying the object in scripts\custom.sqf ?
KP_liberation_air_vehicle_building = "Land_Radar_Small_F",_add = this spawn GOM_fnc_addAircraftLoadoutToObject;
??
also can the same be done for the vehicles to change the default pylon loadout ?

@Drewgamer

It's only reading the loadouts at joining and not during the game at the moment.

@Twigg

No, that's not the way how you would do something to an object.

Have a look at the \scripts\server\game\save_manager.sqf at the if constructs around line 200 and in the \scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf at the switch at about line 320

There you can add things what should be done to an object if it's for example the classname of the KP_liberation_air_vehicle_building.

@Wyqer Sorry to bug you again, is there anything I need to change to enable kills of AI to be recorded in the scoreboard (P key) or in the Mission Statistics menu? Nothing is being logged? Only player deaths. I am not using the "custom" difficulty which I see disables the scoreboard.

Thanks again! Mission is running great on my server!

Normally, if you didn't deactivate the scoreboard via the difficulty it should work as always.

I'll have a look at it today, if I can reproduce issues with that. Honestly I've always deactivated the scoreboard via difficulty, so I really have to test it ^^

@Wyqer just filled with questions right now lol..

When the town is blue but the name of the town is Red, how do we capture that? Is this a bug?

Wich Map and which preset?

This is common if you don't run all needed mods on the server which are needed for the unit preset.

Takistan. I am running all the mods that it does it require along with ACE. Is ACE possibly causing the issue. Only base thatseems to cause issues is Feurz Abad and Fuerz Abad cities.

Do you have enemy spawn in general? If not, than you miss some mods on the server.

Otherwise you could show me the server.rpt via hastebin or inside a spoiler.