Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

15 hours ago, Darkhound7 said:

Use the steam cmd? Providing you purchased through steam of course

login myusername

force_install_dir ./arma3/

app_update 233780 validate

exit(when Done)

.As far as server progress its stored in your profile. 

Or mission.sqm if you edited anything with the arma editor I believe

Hi Darkhound. FYI the 'Steam cmd' I referred to is this. Btw I've since resolved it here. The file ran all the above commands, I just needed to 'Run as Administrator' when running the file. Thanks for the other info.

We are usually a 3 man team that plays and we use a drone to keep the zone active.

Can an empty vehicle also keep a zone active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it has to be a blufor unit (uavs are always ai units, so blufor)

Any chance you Could put a build able game logic That would cut down trees in an area? would be really nice for tanoa game play

Released Liberation Malden

Check it out here, if you are interested in and/or one of those asking about playing Malden Liberation.

Will be released on Github with the next hotfix, 0.955.

-- Map Statistics --

Cities: 31
Factories: 11
Capitals: 7
Military Bases: 10
Radiotower: 10

Total Sectors: 69

Happy playing!

• Like 1

Supply Box [NATO]

One of my guys built it but it appears to be empty.  What's its it used for?

Thanks

Eric

The Supply Box is, if enabled, the mobile arsenal box.

If you don't play with the mobile arsenal and maybe with ace (like we do in our community), we use it as a container for resupplies for the troops. So we load magazines, etc. in it, load the box via ACE inside a vehicle or slingload it and bring it to the ground forces so they don't have to return to base for resupply.

Sometimes when we blow up a vehicle it constantly keeps blowing up and bugs out the server, only a restart fixes it.

Any help please.

Do you use ACE or something?

Seen this once in a stream of someone with a huron. But he had edited the mission as it seems.

Did you edit anything in the scripts or the editor?

Which Map, Version, Mods?

7 hours ago, Wyqer said:

The Supply Box is, if enabled, the mobile arsenal box.

If you don't play with the mobile arsenal and maybe with ace (like we do in our community), we use it as a container for resupplies for the troops. So we load magazines, etc. in it, load the box via ACE inside a vehicle or slingload it and bring it to the ground forces so they don't have to return to base for resupply.

I thought that what might have been what it was.  We do use ACE.

Thanks

The wiki explains the production and logistic system.

If I would explain it now it would be the same what you can read in the wiki concerning that.

Please read it and if you still have questions, than ask precisely that question so it's easier to answer.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, eric963 said:

The Nato HEMTT ammo vehicle was able to rearm after I made the classname change.

Could you please tell me what file to add the new classname to so it will be saved at the FOB.

Thanks

Eric

Note:  This was on dedicated server.  The new vehicle saved at the FOB without any other changes.

Update - Not able to rearm the helicopters - Using ACE (Entire Magazine) you appear to go thru all the rearm motions but the weapons do not appear on the helicopter.

I have been playing  the Liberation in Tanoa  last weeks, hosting myself my own server.

Today my computer crashed when I was playing the mission, I guess because it was real hot here.

However when I launch the game now, it does not recognice  that I have played before this mission and all all my progress and loadouts have been lost so I would have to start from 0 again. :down::down::down:

I have checked the saved file and it is there, But it seems when launching the mission for some reason the porgress and even the loadouts that I had created are lost.

Any idea or suggestios are more than welcomed

1 hour ago, furia said:

I have been playing  the Liberation in Tanoa  last weeks, hosting myself my own server.

Today my computer crashed when I was playing the mission, I guess because it was real hot here.

However when I launch the game now, it does not recognice  that I have played before this mission and all all my progress and loadouts have been lost so I would have to start from 0 again. :down::down::down:

I have checked the saved file and it is there, But it seems when launching the mission for some reason the porgress and even the loadouts that I had created are lost.

Any idea or suggestios are more than welcomed

Losing save progress on a crash is weird, loadouts is really weird however.

Could you check your server reports as well as your client reports, send anything unusual to us either here in pastebin or at the KP Discord.

I have had a crash before that made my server lose maybe 45 minutes of progress, weirdly some of the progress was saved where other parts weren't. It would suggest corruption of the save file which might be your issue too.

Sorry this happened,

happy playing otherwise.

Just started playing Liberation with my squad yesterday. We had a lot of fun and technically everything was working fine.

Thank you so much for this great and entertaining mission!

However, some things were a little disapppointing when we restarted the mission later last night to check if our progress was saved.

We are playing the mission on Malden (dedicated Server, KP_liberation_preset = 3 with ACE, RHS and BWA3mod).

We startet out by slingloading the FOB container from the carrier (no prebuilt FOB). We built our FOB and took over zwo PoI's. Early on in the mission I bought/built two AI soldiers (BWA3 Mod) at the FOB to defend it. I seperated them from our playersquad (using unlocked Zeus), grouped them together and placed them at the HQ (one on the roof, the other one right in front of the door).

Furthermore we were able to confiscate several vehicles from civilian drivers (cargo truck, quad, SUV) and even an OPFOR vehicle (armed RHS GAZ ).

All those vehicles were empty and placed right next to the FOB HQ when we left the server at the end of our session.

After reloading/rejoining the mission, the two AI soldiers (HQ guards) were gone, as well as all confiscated civilian vehicles.

The OPFOR vehicle we took over however was saved correctly, als well as an empty Eagle IV FLW we bought/built during the mission.

So the question is: Is it intended behaviour, that confiscated civilian vehicles at the FOB are not saved?
And could it be that the AI units did not get saved because I placed one of them on top or too close to the FOB building?

What is the recommended way to setup defense AI units that get saved correctly (so our resources won't be wasted)?

It's intended that civilian vehicles won't be saved, yes. As it should not be a "suitable way" to "steal" from the civilian population. In 96 it will also be punished.

Concerning the AI Units. Full AI Squads will get saved (also fully AI crewed vehicles). As you seperated the AI units from your squad, it should've been saved normally. Please try to reproduce it with maybe one soldier seperated from the player squad. (not placed via zeus, only built from the build menu)

"Wyqer" I hate to be a pain, but is there anyways to add info to the "init" of recruited units, I have looked thru most of the coding but I'm no coder I only understand the basics( like real basic ). I have been able to see how Bons Recruitment" does it but I can even find where "Liberation" actually carries it out. 

Thanks in advance for the help 

\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf

Line 50 -> Init for AI which will join the player squad

Line 63 -> Init for each AI in a AI Para Squad

Line 65 -> Init for each AI in a AI "non Para" Squad

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf

Line 50 -> Init for AI which will join the player squad

Line 63 -> Init for each AI in a AI Para Squad

Line 65 -> Init for each AI in a AI "non Para" Squad

Thanks for that. I realise how little I know though as every time I make changes to these lines it no longer recruits.. This is what I have

_classname createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [_this] execVM "ais_injury\init_ais.sqf"; _isMedic = if (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _unit) >> "attendant") == 1) then {true} else {false};
if (_isMedic) then { [_this,"ALL"] execVM "Medic\Medic.sqf";}", 0.5, "private"];

Bons Recruit would normally have _unit where I put _this, but I thought that was because _unit was actually defined in his script.

Am I missing something, any help is appreciated, 

cheers

Edit: I got to say I have no idea how you make such detailed scripts causes its just mindboggling

I don't know the script. But concerning to your createUnit line you should maybe try it this way:

_classname createUnit [
	_pos,
	_grp,
	"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] execVM ""ais_injury\init_ais.sqf""; _isMedic = if (getNumber (configFile >> ""CfgVehicles"" >> (typeOf this) >> ""attendant"") == 1) then {true} else {false}; if (_isMedic) then { [this,""ALL""] execVM ""Medic\Medic.sqf"";}",
	"private"
]; 

As the init for the unit has to be provided as string you have to double the quotation marks in the original

If you have this as something you need in the init line:

this setVariable ["MyCoolVariable",1];

You have to write it inside a string like:

"this setVariable [""MyCoolVariable"",1];"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

I don't know the script. But concerning to your createUnit line you should maybe try it this way:

_classname createUnit [
	_pos,
	_grp,
	"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}];
	[this] execVM ""ais_injury\init_ais.sqf"";
	_isMedic = if (getNumber (configFile >> ""CfgVehicles"" >> (typeOf _unit) >> ""attendant"") == 1) then {true} else {false};
	if (_isMedic) then { [this,""ALL""] execVM ""Medic\Medic.sqf"";}",
	"private"
]; 

Thats working, I dont understand why but now I move onto my next problem...lol. Im trying to add the ability to have AI heal / revive player.

Thanks for the assistance it is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

_classname createUnit [
	_pos,
	_grp,
	"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] execVM ""ais_injury\init_ais.sqf""; _isMedic = if (getNumber (configFile >> ""CfgVehicles"" >> (typeOf this) >> ""attendant"") == 1) then {true} else {false}; if (_isMedic) then { [this,""ALL""] execVM ""Medic\Medic.sqf"";}",
	"private"
]; 

As the init for the unit has to be provided as string you have to double the quotation marks in the original

If you have this as something you need in the init line:

this setVariable ["MyCoolVariable",1];

You have to write it inside a string like:

"this setVariable [""MyCoolVariable"",1];"

Thanks, I will try to remember that. I think I am gonna give up though..I cant get the bleeding revive screen to come up and cant tell if the AI will even heal themselves...Its so hard when you know next to nothing trying to use others scripts