Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hey @Tom Mertz

Unfortunately there is no function to save player squads (yet(?)), you can however leave the squad by creating a new squad within the extended options UI (accessed by scroll menu). This'll at least save the AI at the FOB, then you should be able to use Zeus to move them back onto a player who will become squad leader again. If this doesn't work, I might advise changing the infantry prices to 0 within the preset files so that it's no problem having to hire more. :f:

Kindest regards!

Hey guys,

Wanna add we are enjoying the stuffing out of this mod! 

I have one question. I am trying to get the ACE3 medical (basic) going on the server, but I get the feeling that the vanilla medical isn't disabled completely - will sometimes get the vanilla icons and such when attending a downed player. 
I have changed the settings in the ace's serverconfig.hpp file. I left most of it as is, just changed ace_medical_level to "1". I also then added the ace_server.pbo as stated (serverMod).

Any thoughts? Am I missing something to disable the vanilla medical? (I KNOW it's going to turn out to be something totally stupid I missed).

This is my first hosted server I'm trying to configure so it's slow going but I'm figuring it out.

Thanks again to Wyqer (and the others) for this effort.

Good Hunting

You should unpbo the missionfile and set the default values of the revive and ace params (if you don't want to do it everytime in the mp lobby over the parameter button)

\ui\mission_params.hpp

class ReviveMode
	{
		title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};
		default = 1;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";
	};

Set default to 0

class AceEnable {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_ACE_ENABLE;
		values[] = { 0, 1 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED, $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED };
		default = 0;
	};

and here default to 1

Greetings Wyqer,

Alright, will check it out when I get home after work.

Thanks for the quick response - much appreciated.

hi Wyqer, why, into the FOB, enemies  veichle  ( captured ) not save ?

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks for the quick response @Applejakerie.

so i have two more questions (sorry):

1. Is it possible to change the minimum distance between a POI and a FOB?

2. Is there a param to change the Radius around a FOB which changes the troops that are saved?

Thanks therefore

2 hours ago, Danilik said:

hi Wyqer, why, into the FOB, enemies  veichle  ( captured ) not save ?

+1, also worth noting civilian vehicles don't save either, might want to add a "only if empty then save" clause too so we don't catch any passerby on save (where the server is stopped or crashes simultaneously). 

47 minutes ago, Tom Mertz said:

Hello,

thanks for the quick response @Applejakerie.

so i have two more questions (sorry):

1. Is it possible to change the minimum distance between a POI and a FOB?

2. Is there a param to change the Radius around a FOB which changes the troops that are saved?

Thanks therefore

Hello again,

Not a problem and your questions are more than welcome. :) 1. https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#how-can-i-build-my-fobs-closer-to-sectors <- Not long ago added this for exactly that. :D 2. I wouldn't know precisely but it might not be suitable to play around with, what is your issue specifically? There's already quite a range on saved infantry at an FOB as long as they are their own squads and not player controlled.

Happy playing.

I just saw the Zbug's original mission seems will add some new core functionalities. Will you consider those into your work here Wyqer? Is any featuring between you and the "old team" already ongoing ? 

In my perspective you have added here some features for which I cannot go back, like supplies, support for multiple maps... etc... On the other hand the new core options looks very appealing too.

@Danilik

hostile vehicles will get saved in the FOB range.

classnames.sqf

all_hostile_classnames = (land_vehicles_classnames + opfor_air + opfor_choppers + opfor_troup_transports + opfor_vehicles_low_intensity);

save_manager.sqf

_classnames_to_save = _classnames_to_save + _classnames_to_save_blu + all_hostile_classnames;

So more detailed informations (map, version, preset, changes, etc.) will be helpful to find a possible bug there.

@Tom Mertz

kp_liberation_config.sqf

GRLIB_fob_range = 125; // Build range around the main FOB building.

@Abburo

I don't know of anything that @zbug will implement or working on (state of our last talk before I continued the mission). So what do you mean exactly and what's the source of the things you saw?

Sorry being unclear about the info source. It is stated here:

Added: Static Weapon Compositions to all Sectors. Demonstration

• Added: Static Line Paradrop in place of HALO for players and friendly AI. Demostration.
  • Added: New Sector Types, Road Blocks, Defensive Blocking Positions, SAM Sites, AAA Sites, HeadQuarters, and more. Demonstration
  • Added: New types of non sector events like Enemy Ambushes, Patrols, and more.
  • Adapted: Ambient Boat Spawning. (Mainly designed for UnSung but will work without the addon)
  • Added: Detection of other addon(s) to automagically switch out arsenal preset equipment and medicine(s).
  • Added: AI Medical system that allows AI medics and soldiers to provide medical treatment to players and AI alike.

Ah, sorry for the confusion @Abburo.

That is actually a separate development that @sowens (not @zbug) is working on. Most of those features stated there are planned for implementation but not in the same way or format. We also make sure to offer 100% support where hotfixes for 0.95 will be produced first before a 0.96 version update. It's good to weed out any bugs, errors, etc before implementing more that might have their own bugs and errors to again, then weed out.

It might also be worth noting those implementations on our side are waiting for other gameplay mechanics that they will work off directly, such as an AI Rework, Hearts & Minds Aspects, Civil Reputation, Extended Logistic System etc. If you wanted to see what projects @Wyqer has been working on since taking up the project, you can look here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

Ah, sorry for the confusion @Abburo.

That is actually a separate development that @sowens (not @zbug) is working on. Most of those features stated there are planned for implementation but not in the same way or format. We also make sure to offer 100% support where hotfixes for 0.95 will be produced first before a 0.96 version update. It's good to weed out any bugs, errors, etc before implementing more that might have their own bugs and errors to again, then weed out.

It might also be worth noting those implementations on our side are waiting for other gameplay mechanics that they will work off directly, such as an AI Rework, Hearts & Minds Aspects, Civil Reputation, Extended Logistic System etc. If you wanted to see what projects @Wyqer has been working on since taking up the project, you can look here.

The only real difference right now is the logistics. Wyqer's version is great, but the logistics isn't what we were looking for in Liberation, even though they are fun to tinker with. The paths going forward for both of these is where the real difference will be. Options are wonderful for the community.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wyqer said:

You should unpbo the missionfile and set the default values of the revive and ace params (if you don't want to do it everytime in the mp lobby over the parameter button)

\ui\mission_params.hpp

class ReviveMode
	{
		title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};
		default = 1;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";
	};

Set default to 0

class AceEnable {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_ACE_ENABLE;
		values[] = { 0, 1 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED, $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED };
		default = 0;
	};

and here default to 1

boss. worked! thanks sir.

• Like 1

@Danilik

0.96 will take some time.

As I'm currently make sure every reported bug will be fixed and any (suitable) suggestion will be implemented on the base of 0.95.

Issues and Suggestions on GitHub

As 0.96 will be a feature release, I don't want to take old bugs or something into that, as 0.96 will have it's own bugs for sure.

Information about versioning

Also it's still a hobby which I do beside of normal life and next to my current university studies. (next exams in 2 weeks -.-)

So I would say 0.96 will be released in august or september with the following major features to be implemented:

• Civil Reputation system (guerillas may form up depending on your reputation and other "penalties" and benefits depending on that)
  • More Sidemissions, also kind of hearts & minds
  • AI Rework concerning the strategical behaviour of the enemy (not of the one individual soldier)
  • In general adding more a dynamic experience in the mission, so that you not only act and also have to really react on enemy actions.

Only really general topics. More details will follow at start on 0.96 and during the development of it (also providing experimental missionfiles then again, sure)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Danilik

As I'm currently make sure every reported bug will be fixed and any (suitable) suggestion will be implemented on the base of 0.95.

As 0.96 will be a feature release, I don't want to take old bugs or something into that, as 0.96 will have it's own bugs for sure.

Also it's still a hobby which I do beside of normal life and next to my current university studies. (next exams in 2 weeks -.-)

So I would say 0.96 will be released in august or september with the following major features to be implemented:

• Civil Reputation system (guerillas may form up depending on your reputation and other "penalties" and benefits depending on that)
  • AI Rework concerning the strategical behaviour of the enemy (not of the one individual soldier)
  • In general adding more a dynamic experience in the mission, so that you not only act and also have to really react on enemy actions.

Only really general topics. More details will follow at start on 0.96 and during the development of it (also providing experimental missionfiles then again, sure)

I found using Tanoa Liberation that the AI made soldiers that helped capture the islands.

6 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Danilik

Don't  worry, mine was a simple request for information. I have seen so many beautiful features. Great job. Good luck for your studies

14 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Danilik

hostile vehicles will get saved in the FOB range.

classnames.sqf

all_hostile_classnames = (land_vehicles_classnames + opfor_air + opfor_choppers + opfor_troup_transports + opfor_vehicles_low_intensity);

save_manager.sqf

_classnames_to_save = _classnames_to_save + _classnames_to_save_blu + all_hostile_classnames;

So more detailed informations (map, version, preset, changes, etc.) will be helpful to find a possible bug there.

@Tom Mertz

@Abburo

I don't know of anything that @zbug will implement or working on (state of our last talk before I continued the mission). So what do you mean exactly and what's the source of the things you saw?

map is rayak ; version 0.953 ; rhs mod ; no changes 

How many sectors did you liberated already?

A rpt would be helpful, with activated debug messages.

Hey, @Wyqer I'd like to ask, if there's a way to save Zeus placed objects within the FOB zone. As You can guess, we found building FOBs (especially the larger ones, and even more precisely, placing H-Barriers) to be unimaginably easier when using Zeus module, the only problem is, that none of the objects placed by it are being saved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veren said:

Hey, @Wyqer I'd like to ask, if there's a way to save Zeus placed objects within the FOB zone. As You can guess, we found building FOBs (especially the larger ones, and even more precisely, placing H-Barriers) to be unimaginably easier when using Zeus module, the only problem is, that none of the objects placed by it are being saved.

Oooh omgs this this would be OOOOH OOOH OMGS!!!!

Like if a static piece of construction equiptment allowed you to access a modded zues mode?

@DruidicRifleman 

Can you expand on the "a static piece of construction equipment giving you access to a modded Zeus mode" idea? Thanks in advance.

Happy playing.

2 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

@DruidicRifleman 

Can you expand on the "a static piece of construction equipment giving you access to a modded Zeus mode" idea? Thanks in advance.

Happy playing.

Theres like a dump truck in the assets list like how you need a Helipad to build An armed chinook How ever instead you can go up to it scroll get in boom zues mode that only allows access to that FOB and only to edit or build structures

Oh, and @Wyqer, it seems like the "change alignment" feature I asked for doesn't work, unfortunately. I mean, sure, You can place objects aligned to terrain, but they are short lived, as they go back to normal alignment after restarting session.

@DruidicRifleman I like that, so basically a place-able "object X" you can use to access a Zeus interface that has full control but is limited to, the FOB you've built this "object X" at. This would be for a better top down UI when placing objects. Currently however, the Zeus UI is tied to a module which is again tied to the "Commandant", which is your Commander role unit (player). We'd need to be able to have that module tie itself to whomever has current access and we'd need multiple modules or else only 1 FOB may be editable at once. I think rather than this, the current Zeus method should just be made so that it can edit objects placed both by Zeus and the current Liberation build menu. Then the Commander has his usual access but with more control over FOB objects, whilst players can also still build the FOB themselves through the structures menu.

@Veren This is not an issue with the "change alignment" feature, this is an issue with the save manager that has been causing havoc since Zbugs initial work. Whilst we are still looking for fixes, it's also on a public space so that others may look into the issue and offer suggestions. Multiple attempts have been made to fix the problem, none have worked. You may notice, all placed objects around FOBs adjust slightly per server restart. Not just the alignment of objects you've placed (and used "change alignment" before placing). 

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/48

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/138

13 hours ago, Wyqer said:

Quanti settori hai liberato già?

Un rpt sarebbe utile, con i messaggi di debug attivate.

9 sector, fuel station, small city, radio tower but no big city. Important : we are using C2 mod.