Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

First, thank you for continuing the work on liberation your hard work is much appreciated.
I have a problem which I hope you can help.

Ive added 0.951 to my linux server and having issues capping a zone. We are trying to take Pyrgos but the bar is blue and the name Pyrgos is red and no enermies are spawning.

Any ideas?

Thanks

*edit

I've check other places on the map and it seems the AI is not spawning. Blue bar with red writing.

This issue is happening if the server don't have all needed mods loaded.

If you use the default preset 0 (custom.sqf) without changing anything there this issue will not happen.

If you choose for example one of the rhs presets, the server needs to run the rhs mods etc.

16 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

This issue is happening if the server don't have all needed mods loaded.

If you use the default preset 0 (custom.sqf) without changing anything there this issue will not happen.

If you choose for example one of the rhs presets, the server needs to run the rhs mods etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I don't use any mods. Where do I find: default preset 0 (custom.sqf) ?

edit

Ok found it. It was already set to 0.. KP_liberation_preset = 0;

OFF TOPIC  :  suggestion : Liberation on Island Panthera ? Hard battles on the Julian Alps

Hi just beat Liberation Tanoa, took 4 days great work on these missions.

cheers

Subs

6 hours ago, Danilik said:

OFF TOPIC  :  suggestion : Liberation on Island Panthera ? Hard battles on the Julian Alps

I think Beketov would be a pretty fun map for Liberation as well, players play as Russians trying to take the area back from insurgents or the Americans.

Also, I don't have any pictures or server reports available, but when some friends and I tried playing the 95/1 Chernarus mission, we started along the south west coast and captured the first town there. When we got to the radio tower east of there, it was hovering about 50-100m off the ground, with the enemy infantry spawned at the same level, walking in the air. Checked out the next few towns and the same thing was happening. We had all the mods, and we were using the RHS version. Ended up switching back to Altis so nobody really looked into it further, so thought I'd at least mention something here about it.

Though we did previously have issues with RHS because someone forgot to get it on the server properly, which I had to fix for them. If I find out what caused the issue (I'm sure it might be something stupid and simple =p) I'll be sure to update.

*Update - It was indeed something simple and stupid. Server owner forgot to put underscores in the -mod= command line for the two CUP mods. Everything works fine now.

Edited by solex
Update

On 6/2/2017 at 1:05 PM, Wyqer said:

@PHXAdmin

It would be very helpful to see your server log.

please set kp_liberation_debug in your kp_liberation_config.sqf to true and post your log after you've encountered the error again.

If you host local, you'll find the logs in your appdata/local/arma3 folder.

Thanks for the reply. For some reason, Altis is working now after a restart of my own machine. Not sure what...but so far so good.

15 hours ago, Wyqer said:

The action to build a storage area is in the action menu (mousewheel). Also the ones to build facilities in cities, after building a storage there.

To access the logistic or production dialog you also have a mousewheel action if you're at the fob and the commander.

Some informations for the logistic:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic

Thank you Wyqer. It was a glitch, as those menu options were not available in the town or the FOB. But when I ran the mission earlier again those missing options appeared in the action menu. One other thing, I'd like to get rid of the foilage (i.e.set "TerrainGrid 50"). In the TDST server launcher I changed terrain grid to 50 but obviously the mission's overwriting it. How do I change it? Can I implement like a 'slider' for players to change it themselves in-game?

--EDIT--

I see that in the .pbo mission file I'd need to edit .init.sqf to include setTerrainGrid 50. I think PBO Manager doesn't work with Windows 10? How best to unpack the mission PBO? I've downloaded the source files but not sure which folders would need to be packed/binarised into a PBO?

51 minutes ago, mach2infinity said:

--EDIT--

I see that in the .pbo mission file I'd need to edit .init.sqf to include setTerrainGrid 50. I think PBO Manager doesn't work with Windows 10? How best to unpack the mission PBO? I've downloaded the source files but not sure which folders would need to be packed/binarised into a PBO?

I've been using PBO Manager 1.4 beta with Windows 10, works perfectly fine for unpacking and repacking.

24 minutes ago, solex said:

I've been using PBO Manager 1.4 beta with Windows 10, works perfectly fine for unpacking and repacking.

I actually downloaded and it worked for me too. Shouldn't pay attention to comments a year ago! I unpacked it and it's the exact same contents as the source files. I thought they looked different to the Liberation source files I had seen before hence asking what files go where. I've added in the terrain grid string to see if it works.

--EDIT--

I've copied the content of the init.sqf below and in bold and red inserted where I think the terrain grid string would go. I'm guessing here though and taking a shot in the dark! Could someone tell me where it should go please?

Init.sqf

Spoiler

enableSaving [ false, false ];

[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\shared\liberation_functions.sqf";
[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\shared\init_sectors.sqf";
[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\shared\fetch_params.sqf";
[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "kp_liberation_config.sqf";

switch (KP_liberation_preset) do {
    case 0: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\custom.sqf";};
    case 1: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\apex_tanoa.sqf";};
    case 2: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\rhs.sqf";};
    case 3: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\rhs_bw.sqf";};
    case 4: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\rhs_takistan.sqf";};
    case 5: {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\3cbBAF.sqf";};
    default {[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "presets\custom.sqf";};
};

[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\shared\classnames.sqf";

[] execVM "GREUH\scripts\GREUH_activate.sqf";

[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\shared\init_shared.sqf";

if (isServer) then {
    [] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\server\init_server.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated && !hasInterface && isMultiplayer) then {
    [] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\server\offloading\hc_manager.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated && hasInterface) then {
    waitUntil { alive player };
    [] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\init_client.sqf";
} else {
    setViewDistance 1600;  setTerrainGrid 50;
};

if (KP_liberation_debug) then {private _text = format ["[KP LIBERATION] [DEBUG] init.sqf done for: %1", (name player)];_text remoteExec ["diag_log",2];};

Released 0.952

Changelog updated in first post.

AI in your player squad won't get saved as before. You can ungroup them via Zeus from your player, to save them.

And the AI squads have to be near a FOB (same as with vehicles)

Thanks for reply and help.  Now function , even if it is not exactly user friendly

It is compatible with all three, sure.

Hello, quick question, is it possible to set the range for the virtual Arsenal? I notice its a bit far out, and I'd like to shorten it a bit. 

Look in action_manager.sqf. It is probably defined in there.

Yes, you can build the supply containers for the huron. As you can use them to resupply your vehicles as you can do it with the trucks. They are a little bit cheaper and well..... can't drive. So maybe more usable for a static resupply area in a FOB.

Then the admin maybe removed it.

By default they are inside the supply tab:

["B_Slingload_01_Repair_F",275,0,0],
	["B_Slingload_01_Fuel_F",75,0,200],
	["B_Slingload_01_Ammo_F",75,200,0]

You can set the terrain grid via the extended options directly inGame. setTerrainGrid 50 would be the very low setting in the extended options.

Same problem for me, the containers are in the preset but I can only build the repair container for some reason.