Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

I think kirby and i From a few pages back and me found a bug cause we broke one of the gas station points cause its producing but no matter what we can't build a Storage area. we also had them glitch out on us.

I'll release a new patch at the weekend, which will also tweak some small things in the production and logistic system. Please test it in 952 and report again if it's still happening.

Playing with c2 command and control and enhanced movement is ok, is possible to implement vcom or create conflict?

@wyqerI:

Maybe this was already asked before, but are there any plans to have "real" trucks for all logistic tasks instead of the virtual ones ?

@Danilik

VCOM AI should work. But some people experienced issues with prisoners. I'd recommend to setup VCOM AI to not apply on civil and friendly AI. Then it should work fine.

@gwiddik

We had a large discussion about this in our discord before I've implemented the system. And as the AI is not the best driver, I think it would cause more problems then it would increase the immersion.

Also the logistic system is only a replacement for the "passive income" so that smaller groups don't have to transport everything themself (which would be the intended way to handle it by the way).

With this in mind I think it's fine as a "virtual" system.

But in the next version (0.96) there will be also some ambush mechanic etc. on the convoys which creates dynamic side missions etc.

3 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Danilik

VCOM AI should work. But some people experienced issues with prisoners. I'd recommend to setup VCOM AI to not apply on civil and friendly AI. Then it should work fine.

@gwiddik

We had a large discussion about this in our discord before I've implemented the system. And as the AI is not the best driver, I think it would cause more problems then it would increase the immersion.

Also the logistic system is only a replacement for the "passive income" so that smaller groups don't have to transport everything themself (which would be the intended way to handle it by the way).

With this in mind I think it's fine as a "virtual" system.

But in the next version (0.96) there will be also some ambush mechanic etc. on the convoys which creates dynamic side missions etc.

^what he said^ the AI can't drive down roads some times with our crashing In the older mission mode We set the mission to build civilian jeeps... this was a mistake as it then seamed to litter the map with the things all over the place. as civilians driving from town to town on a high way would go of the road crash ect ect... Lets put them in big trucks... on tanoa and make us pay for the truck and the guy who will crash and die....

Hello, trying to run Chernarus with only CUP Maps and Core. It seems that no matter what, I end up spawning on the island near the carrier with no resources or options. I see the ship in the distance, LOL. What did I do wrong?

1 hour ago, PHXAdmin said:

Hello, trying to run Chernarus with only CUP Maps and Core. It seems that no matter what, I end up spawning on the island near the carrier with no resources or options. I see the ship in the distance, LOL. What did I do wrong?

Not having run that mission it sounds like your spawning where you start in and haven't sellected the carrier

Haven't selected it? I selected to start without the first FOB. Isn't the default the carrier?

2 hours ago, PHXAdmin said:

Are you playing a fresh game? If you have updated from 94 you must wipe your save, stored in your profile.

If you use the preconfigured missionfiles from the GitHub release tab or from the workshop you need the mods which are listed in the "needed mods" section on GitHub / on the workshop page.

You can play them with only the map as mod, if you change the unit preset to 0 in the kp_liberation_config.sqf

@duderide

With changing something in the code you can, sure.

But why do you want disable it? oO

7 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@duderide

With changing something in the code you can, sure.

But why do you want disable it? oO

It causes some conflicts with a mission I'm building. Do you know which file, or files, the code is written in?

\scripts\client\init_client.sqf

line 71

change:

[] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\ui\intro.sqf";

to:

// [] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\ui\intro.sqf";

7 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

\scripts\client\init_client.sqf

line 71

change:

[] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\ui\intro.sqf";

to:

// [] spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\client\ui\intro.sqf";

Thank you so much. Appreciate the help! :D

Still having trouble with Chernarus. I have a feeling it's a simple fix...I just can't find it.

I have the correct mods. I've deleted the vars files every time I attempt a restart.

I've used our version and the unchanged KP version with the same results.

The intro plays out fine, then I spawn on Skalisty Island within view of the USS Freedom. The only scrollwheel option is the "Advanced Options" of course.

Hmmm....

Nope. I spawn on the little island.

I've tried it with Altis now as well...I spawn on a small island (where the unit is placed in the editor). I'm screwing something up.

Yeah, sure can.

We run a Liberation server--the Tanoa works fine.

Maybe it's because I'm hosting it locally to test?

@PHXAdmin

It would be very helpful to see your server log.

please set kp_liberation_debug in your kp_liberation_config.sqf to true and post your log after you've encountered the error again.

If you host local, you'll find the logs in your appdata/local/arma3 folder.

For everyone else:

Tomorrow is the next international Liberation event. At the moment there are 31 players signed in for the event, but there is still room for 14 players in our event. So if you like to participate, please sign up in the event in our calendar:

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/calendar/index.php?event/338-international-kp-liberation-session/

If you're interested what's planned, then here you'll see the briefing:

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/index.php?thread/606-international-kp-liberation-session-sat-jun-3rd-2017-6-00pm-11-00pm/&postID=5963#post5963

And if you can't participate but interested in have a look, we'll stream the event on our twitch channel. The stream will start at 6pm or 6.30pm CEST.

https://www.twitch.tv/killahpotatoes

• Like 1

Really enjoying the mission so far. Few things, I've captured Feres (POI) and Feres Outpost. But no option to build storage/a facility? Also as Commander near the FOB, when I press 'Y' for Zeus mode it doesn't bring up a resource management nor logistics window as stated in the tutorial?

The action to build a storage area is in the action menu (mousewheel). Also the ones to build facilities in cities, after building a storage there.

To access the logistic or production dialog you also have a mousewheel action if you're at the fob and the commander.

Some informations for the logistic:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic

Wyqer, in order to avoid some confusion that people might face while managing resources I would suggest you to try change the name "Destination A" to something like "Source Storage" and "Destination B" to "Destination Storage".  

Well, Destination A isn't always the source and Destination B the storage.

You can chose FOB Alpha as A and FOB Bravo as B. And set up the mission to carry suppies from A -> B and in return Ammo from B -> A for example.