Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@madpat3

You mean the production dialog, right?

In the Logistic dialog it's always the amount of resources. In the production dialog it's always crates at the moment. But sure, can add a amount display at the section where you see how many crates of each resource is there.

@babar.sattar@hotmail.com

You need a Flight Control on a FOB to unlock the tent hangars (plane slots) or helipads (heli slots) in the build menu under the supply tab.

• Like 1

i mean it like this. in the logistic dialog i order the trucks to deliver 100 resources of ammo from fuelstation blabla, to fob alpha. but i can't be sure, that there are realy 100 resources of ammo, because in the production dialog, i only see 1 box. not how much is in the box.

That's what I said. And already changed, that you see the amount in the production dialog also.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/80d44715aa1a141b9dc40091dc742678da22be56

But you know that the convoy will wait on the destination, if there are currently not enough resources to load a whole truck?

yes, it tells not enough resources and then i have to do the whole logistic procedure again ;(

1 hour ago, babar.sattar@hotmail.com said:

Hi, 

I am here again trying to understand the system better. This time I have question of how the Air Vehicle Slot system works. 

1. Do I need to have 1 Flight Control per each air vehicle ? 
  2. Or in general if someone can elaborate how this system works please?

Much appreciated. 

Regards, 

Leo

You need the air traffic control building before you can build anything related to air. This cost 1000 supplies to do this.

To build aircraft, you would place down the plane slot building which I believe is a hanger. This costs 500 supplies to do this and one hanger allows you to have one plane built at that FOB. Build more and you can have more planes at that fob

To build helicopters, you would place down the helicopter slot building which i believe is a helipad. This costs 250 supplies to do this and one helipad allows you to have one plane built at that FOB. Build more and you can have more helicopters at that fob

26 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

yes, it tells not enough resources and then i have to do the whole logistic procedure again ;(

No, you don't have to do it again.

The convoy will stay in the "not enough resources" state and waits until the factory (for example) has produced enough resources. Then the mission will continue.

Some more concerning that some posts before:

On 23.5.2017 at 5:21 PM, Wyqer said:

An addition to the logistic explanation:

On 23.5.2017 at 4:10 PM, Applejakerie said:

-> "AI Logistics" (scroll menu whilst at an FOB), will give you a GUI where on the left side panel you may "Add" or "Remove" a logistics group, these at current are background processes. For each logistics group, you can buy or sell trucks (at current any amount) that will in turn be used to configure your logistical limit per journey (mission). Below this middle panel UI, you've also got all you need to command logistic groups take "X" amount of resources from "A" to "B" etc. Although "A" and "B" can be simultaneously used again in other logistical group missions, the same route cannot run simultaneously between different logistical groups. From here, you sit and twiddle your thumbs. :)) 

You can also set up the mission with "get 100,000 supplies from the factory where I produce supplies at the moment and bring them to the FOB", even if you only have 1 Truck in the group.

That will lead to the "passive income replacement", as the Truck will start loading, maybe see that there are no 300 supplies at the factory (logi groups will always load all trucks before continue) and then he will wait so long until 300 supplies are in the storage area of the factory. Then he will continue his mission with driving to the FOB and unload it (he will also wait, if there is maybe no space to unload all crates). And as then his mission still says "get me also the remaining 99,700 supplies", he will drive back to the factory and so on. :)

The "replace" in the group manager is really just to replace the soldier.

Can't say atm how the next changes for 0.96 will change also something for the own squads, but basicly it's no "temporarly remote control".

Thanks for the answer, very kind as always.

I hope that in 0.96 all this is possible.

I seem to be encountering an issue - Tanoa, we took Katkoula building supplies as one of the first things, placed some storage and told it to produce supplies which it did and we recovered a few. Then it disappeared from the production menu and after the next restart the storage things vanish and it's still not on the production menu.

Around the same time another team took Katkoula fuel depot, and it now says we have loads of supplies (almost full out of 12, according to the production menu), but there's no storage or ability to build storage there and AI convoys say there are no supplies there.

Both are still seemingly misbehaving after the restart.

Is this a bug or did someone bork something?

@Kirby

Do you use the GitHub pbo?

can you reproduce that behviour maybe? Which edits have you done?

Maybe you could run the mission for one time with enabled debug messages and send me the server rpt via message or discord.

Debug messages can be enabled via kp_liberation_config.sqf

When I fresh start to Taunus there is no FOB container available for ferry. As workaround I had restarted the mission with 1st FOB already built.

As I remember, the FOB Container on Taunus spawns inside the base.

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Kirby

Do you use the GitHub pbo?

can you reproduce that behviour maybe? Which edits have you done?

Maybe you could run the mission for one time with enabled debug messages and send me the server rpt via message or discord.

Debug messages can be enabled via kp_liberation_config.sqf

We're running ACE & TFR, haven't modified much of the mission yet. I'll go back and check anything I've done, turn debug messages on, and see if it can be replicated. If the info helps, I built 2 storage at the Building Supply just before it went weird, and no storage was built at the Fuel Depot before the next nearest place was taken. So far it's only affecting those two places though so we just considered it a one off loss since both happened within the same 20 minutes or so.

Hey, great concept and really enjoying the mod. I'm running it on my own dedicated server with a headless client.

However, after clearing a village of enemies the blue bar fills with a blue circle over the town. Yet the village icon is still red?

Do I have to capture the nearby outpost? Do I have to destroy all IEDs? I must be missing something!

Thanks.

Is there a way to play  against Project OPFOR on Chernarus instead russians?

3 hours ago, mach2infinity said:

Hey, great concept and really enjoying the mod. I'm running it on my own dedicated server with a headless client.

However, after clearing a village of enemies the blue bar fills with a blue circle over the town. Yet the village icon is still red?

Do I have to capture the nearby outpost? Do I have to destroy all IEDs? I must be missing something!

Thanks.

Shouldn't stay red,  I think maybe if the nearby outpost is overlapping there is a chance some enemies are still "within" the sector but don't count to that sector as they belong in the Outpost sector, I hope you get what I mean?

2 hours ago, sammael said:

Is there a way to play  against Project OPFOR on Chernarus instead russians?

You can use the rhs_takistan preset, by downloading the mission from Github and changing the "kp_liberation_preset =0;" value in kp_liberation_config.sqf file. There are comments above to give you an idea. If you wanted a force from Project OPFOR that's not Takistani, then you can make your own version using that preset or the custom.sqf preset. Just be sure to keep copies of those safe so you can add them back after any updates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

Shouldn't stay red,  I think maybe if the nearby outpost is overlapping there is a chance some enemies are still "within" the sector but don't count to that sector as they belong in the Outpost sector, I hope you get what I mean?

Thanks Applejakerie. I did have a suspicion that due to the proximity of the village to the outpost this could be why. To be honest I've only attacked Feres so far so I haven't checked if this occurs elsewhere. I'll see if wiping out the outpost resolves the issue!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 10:10 AM, Applejakerie said:

When used properly, this method results in a fair and immersive "passive income". One that instead of expecting all the work to be done, will complete the 99% of the work where people don't want to play a Euro Truck Simulator. In my personal experience, I've found the best method is to keep this system running and when you are in immediate need of some resources, to transport those yourself, personally.

We do it this way and it works great. Really enjoying this build so far and looking forward to future builds. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have put into this. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I need a little help getting started. I downloaded the 0.95 versions of Altis and Tanoa from Github. I've tried both and have the same issue. I am playing with zero mods and have not altered any codes. I start out on the Freedom and try to get into the Huron so that I can pick up the FOB container. It won't let me fly and tells me it is Jet's DLC (which i do not own). However, correct me if I'm wrong, the Huron is not Jet's DLC, it's a vanilla asset. From the apex_tanoa.sqf preset    _typename = "B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F". This classname if from vanilla, I must be missing something relatively simple. Thanks for any assistance.

The Huron is content from the helicopter DLC.

If you don't own it, you can use the RHS preset for example. Or if you want to stay at the "all in one custom.sqf", you can enable the "Start the campaign with the first FOB already built" parameter in the mission lobby. At the FOB you can also build FOB Trucks etc. then to establish more FOBs.

28 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

Or if you want to stay at the "all in one custom.sqf", you can enable the "Start the campaign with the first FOB already built" parameter in the mission lobby. At the FOB you can also build FOB Trucks etc. then to establish more FOBs.

Wyqer,

Thanks! I figured it was something simple. Works great. The DLC issue is the slingload capability I now see. I suppose I could do RHS and add a script. For now, the preset FOB will be enough to get me rolling. Thanks for all the work you and the team have put into these missions.

• Like 1

Ace and rhs requires the campat from the ace guys correct? Is that what your team runs @wyqer?

Yes, right.

For the international sessions we use the mods listed here:

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/index.php?thread/573-international-kp-liberation-sessions/

And in our weekly community sessions we use these mods (KP Liberation Chernarus Modset)

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/cms/index.php?page/arma-3-server-und-modinfo/