Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

3 minutes ago, sowens said:

The carrier the way it is setup in 0.95 isn't as nice as the LHD. The carrier has a building placed on it and its just not the same to me.

Yeah for sure. I have put the lhd, freedom, and Nimitz in the mission and would be hard pressed to pick the newest one if I didnt know. Im sure once interior and elevators, etc are done might feel different but for now the original lhd seems alot better option. To bad they didn't put the russian carrier in with the ramped deck. At least it would look alot different than the LHD which many of us have been using for years/

• Like 1

The BI Carrier will replace the LHD, yes.

Resons are, that then "all" people can start the mission from a carrier and so no mod is needed anymore for that.

Also it going along with a much easier way to port Liberation to another map (less markers, less necessary soldiers like the officer, etc.) Also if you replace the carrier with the nimitz or something it'll be much easier to do that with the less things you need to copy from the mission to another and put it on the nimitz for example.

About the small medical container near the tower: It's placed there as a medical building concerning ACE. We tried to just bind the needed variable to the carrier itself, but the carrier isn't a valid medical facility, even with the ace variable attached to it. Also unhappy some kind with the container, but you'll mostly see the carrier only at the begin of the operations, as you'll build your own FOBs on the map etc.

18 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

The BI Carrier will replace the LHD, yes.

Resons are, that then "all" people can start the mission from a carrier and so no mod is needed anymore for that.

Also it going along with a much easier way to port Liberation to another map (less markers, less necessary soldiers like the officer, etc.) Also if you replace the carrier with the nimitz or something it'll be much easier to do that with the less things you need to copy from the mission to another and put it on the nimitz for example.

About the small medical container near the tower: It's placed there as a medical building concerning ACE. We tried to just bind the needed variable to the carrier itself, but the carrier isn't a valid medical facility, even with the ace variable attached to it. Also unhappy some kind with the container, but you'll mostly see the carrier only at the begin of the operations, as you'll build your own FOBs on the map etc.

Great to hear. Also glad that the carrier will be in the editor and not scripted in. Now BI just needs to finish the interior and all the bells and whistles:) 

Been playing Liberation missions for a long time now, and glad someone took over to continue it. Definitely looking forward to the 0.95 release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkhound7 said:

IMO at this time running the mission with the lhd mod is a better option/ You can move the lhd location buy dragging it wherever just be careful not to rotate it as it rearranges the placement of your choppers, huron container etc.

I don't know if it's the better option but I feel the USS Freedom is a bit of a let down too. You used to be able to rotate the LHD and then adjust chopper and container placement in huron_manager.sqf and startgame.sqf but this system really is not as simple as it is now, where you simply place markers in the direction you want for that same purpose. However as LHD doesn't show in editor, I would play with those two files so that those vehicle markers used now, spawn the vehicles safely atop the deck. (Add some height, increase the period they're invulnerable, etc.) Also worth noting.. you can re-position the USS, with no need to re-arrange vehicle spawns.

1 hour ago, sowens said:

The carrier the way it is setup in 0.95 isn't as nice as the LHD. The carrier has a building placed on it and its just not the same to me. If they added functionality to buy the planes on the carrier then it would have been worth it. I'll be re adding the LHD myself and adding functionality to buy the planes on the carrier.

Ta for the feedback, as Wyqer says the building is simply a workaround for ACE, if we could have the entire carrier (or a medical room in the available larger room) read as ACE facilities, that'd be great! Anything you'd like to say to the current 'clutter' layout? Any feedback will be taken well and appreciated. :)) Anything you'd like to add/remove, be specific. :)) Adding functionality to build (such as you can at an FOB) on the Carrier, was never a plan for Liberation but that could be taken as a suggestion? Cheers.

59 minutes ago, Darkhound7 said:

Yeah for sure. I have put the lhd, freedom, and Nimitz in the mission and would be hard pressed to pick the newest one if I didnt know. Im sure once interior and elevators, etc are done might feel different but for now the original lhd seems alot better option. To bad they didn't put the russian carrier in with the ramped deck. At least it would look alot different than the LHD which many of us have been using for years/

I'd have to choose the Nimitz, the catapult animation puts BIS to shame. What is this "dragging the plane to the catapult" mollarky?! ^^' Also agreed, a Russian carrier based on the Admiral would be a great addition lol. 

19 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

I'd have to choose the Nimitz, the catapult animation puts BIS to shame. What is this "dragging the plane to the catapult" mollarky?! ^^' Also agreed, a Russian carrier based on the Admiral would be a great addition lol. 

lol I agree totally. Anyone else notice a spot on the new deck that you fall through? Its around the last wire

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darkhound7 said:

lol I agree totally. Anyone else notice a spot on the new deck that you fall through? Its around the last wire

Theres more than one :down:

24 minutes ago, Darkhound7 said:

Yes haha! As @sowens says, definitely more than one! Try spawning on deck with Zeus also, it's almost impossible. Funny how one DLC cannot interact with another DLC!! D:<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jappie2 said:

You'd think this carrier was made by Bi :D

:drinking2:

I think they were drinking when they made the deck...

• Like 1

Release of v0.95

Updated informations on the first post.

Changelog for 0.95

• Added: New resource system
  • Added: Italian localization. Thanks to k4s0
  • Added: Action to change alignment (up or terrain aligned) during placement of buildings
  • Added: Action to reassign the commander to the zeus module (only shows if the commander has no access to zeus)
  • Added: Paradrop of a resource package when first FOB is built
  • Added: Action to switch between displaying global or local FOB resources
  • Added: Air vehicle slot system (need a Flight Control to build helipads, hangars and air vehicles)
  • Added: Blacklist / Whitelist filtering for saved loadouts
  • Added: Recycling of enemy vehicles
  • Added: Recycle value now depends on vehicle damage, remaining ammo and fuel
  • Added: Production system for factories and cities (not capitals). Accessable for the commander if near a FOB
  • Added: Ability to build storage areas at sectors, where produced resources will be stored
  • Added: Ability to unlock resource facilities in cities, so you can produce that resource there
  • Added: RHS transport configs. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Added: Civilian transport configs. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Added: Optional logistics module for smaller groups to enable a automatic logistics system for the commander
  • Added: Mission parameter to enable or disable the logistics system
  • Added: 3cb BAF unit and arsenal preset. Thanks to ChiefOwens
  • Added: DLC Jets to most presets
  • Added: Sahrani missionfile. Thanks to Applejakerie for helping with OPFOR Points
  • Added: Debug messages for the server.rpt. Default disabled and can be enabled in the `kp_liberation_config.sqf`
  • Removed: Resource caps system
  • Removed: Old vanilla unit preset (custom.sqf already provides a vanilla setting)
  • Removed: Passive Income (due to new resource system)
  • Removed: Ammo Bounties (due to new resource system)
  • Removed: Civilian Penalties (due to new resource system)
  • Removed: Overwrite functionality for `classnames.sqf`, as it is no longer needed due to the preset system
  • Removed: `gameplay_constants.sqf`
  • Removed: Crate spawn at military bases
  • Removed: Chimera Base on maps with a suitable amount of ocean for supporting the Freedom
  • Merged: `gameplay_constants.sqf` settings into `kp_liberation_config.sqf` and added descriptions to the variables
  • Updated: Spanish localization. Thanks to regiregi22
  • Updated: English InGame Tutorial text with the latest informations for resource, production and logistic system. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Replaced: Manpower icon with supplies icon. Thanks to jus61
  • Replaced: Every deprecated BIS_fnc_MP with remoteExec
  • Replaced: ATLAS LHD with USS Freedom. Thanks to Applejakerie for the immersive clutter on the carrier
  • Tweaked: Arsenal blacklist filtering. Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Initialization of the arsenal, which should increase the performance for blacklist using
  • Tweaked: Save manager -> helicopters from the Freedom or Chimera won't be saved, as they spawn on every mission start/load
  • Tweaked: Name for savegame namespace -> adapts automaticly to worldName
  • Tweaked: Revive settings: BI Revive is enabled by default. Disable it, when you use ACE
  • Tweaked: Config, as some apex classnames were missing. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Tweaked: If attacking a sector, a random amount of crates with random resources will spawn once.
  • Tweaked: Better comments in the unit preset files. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Tweaked: Vehicles with dead crew can now be recycled
  • Tweaked: Altis mission.sqm. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Tweaked: Chimera bases on Takistan and Taunus. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Tweaked: Enemy infantry units will now spawn in initial safe state instead of be directly aware
  • Tweaked: Chimera / Carrier spawn markers. Removed any dependency, using only invisible grasscutter objects. Makes porting etc. much easier
  • Fixed: UAV unconnectable after player death. Thanks to veteran29
  • Fixed: Missing batteries with Apex laser designators. Thanks to veteran29
  • Fixed: Enemy weapon dance. Thanks to k4s0
  • Fixed: Non vanilla paratroopers don't have a parachute
  • Fixed: Enemy jets sometimes spawn on the ground instead flying
  • Fixed: ACE medical crate was empty and couldn't be recycled
  • Fixed: Slingloading while transport crates inside a helicopter causes the helicopter to slingload the loaded crates inside
  • Fixed: Some buildable paratroopers from some presets don't had a parachute
  • Like 3

Second International Liberation Session - 3rd June 2017

As the first session was a great success and a lot of fun with 20 players from all over the world, we've created the next event.

You're invited to participate.

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/calendar/index.php?event/338-international-kp-liberation-session/

Here is the stream video of the last event (mixed english and german language)

(The encountered "freeze" issue was already fixed one day after the event and so it's also fixed in the stable 0.95)

• Like 1

The new resource system  in v0.95 completely sucked the fun out of this mission for me and my group. Too much driving back and forth to gather resources and the RHS trucks can't be used to transport the boxes. I really don't think it should be such a grind just to be able to build basic vehicles. We will probably go back to one of the older versions for now. Unfortunate since the other changes in the update were nice.

• Like 1

The older versions are still available on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/releases

Will work as known.

Which RHS Trucks exactly? The ones for troop transport or the flatbeds with only passenger seats in the cabin? The last ones have transport configs.

The first one don't, but yeah, maybe we figure out how it would fit to put crates in these ones. Thanks for the hint. :)

Congrats on the release

I like the new resource system.

Will get some feedback to you after

Playing this weekend....if I get time when not playing. 

Thanks for the time spent doing this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zatyr said:

The new resource system  in v0.95 completely sucked the fun out of this mission for me and my group. Too much driving back and forth to gather resources and the RHS trucks can't be used to transport the boxes. I really don't think it should be such a grind just to be able to build basic vehicles. We will probably go back to one of the older versions for now. Unfortunate since the other changes in the update were nice.

I can understand your opinion, I was a bit worried about the work too. Then an AI Logistics was implemented, this automates the entire process and at the same time, has some small requirements (truck prices and timers) that are fair and still immersive. This will all lead somewhere larger in future too, this is only 0.95 after all. :)) Those RHS trucks, I've done the configs for the BKIT and will even do configs for the infantry transport trucks as well as the Super Stallion. Every preset though will come with cargo type trucks, config'ed and ready.

• Like 1

Hi, some questions, consider that I'm new to certain mechanics ... is it normal to start having all the resources at zero? Sometimes in the build menu you do not see the various icons; How do you exploit the resources of the six crate paratroopers at the first FOB? Thanks for the answers
P.S, the Italian translation does not work anymore with 0.95

Congratulations on your fantastic job

7 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

Then an AI Logistics was implemented, this automates the entire process and at the same time, has some small requirements (truck prices and timers) that are fair and still immersive.

looking forward to trying this out. Excellent stuff. 

@Danilik

You have to build a storage area (supply tab in the build menu) and store the crates there to use the ressources.

The whole italian translation isn't working or are there only some missing strings (which is true). I would recommend to read the Tutorial at the starting base (mousewheel action) about the resources etc.

In the next days I'll release a smaller update with an extended Tutorial and some smaller tweaks and fixes for this version.

I captured a solar farm gathered the resources in a storage area...... now what? Do I need to take them to an FOB?

what is the number of creates each vehicle can hold when using scroll menu to load?

Just a quick resources rundown to avoid further FAQ before a better tutorial is put in place:

You capture a small village sector... 

-> Place a storage area (from the scroll menu whilst at the sector). 

-> Build a facility for the resources you want this sector to produce (from the scroll menu whilst at the sector, any small village sector can have any combination of the 3 available facilities).

-- Facility prices are 50 of the respective resource and 100 of the other resources (so a supply facility is 50 supplies, 100 ammo and 100 fuel). These resources NEED to be transported from an FOB or wherever into the storage area of the small village sector you want to upgrade. Sectors spawn 1-3 of the resources at random when you first activate them, so if you're lucky you'll have enough already there to be placed in a storage area and spent on 1 facility.

You capture a factory sector...

-> Place a storage area (from the scroll menu whilst at the sector). 

-- Nothing else needed here, the factory is already capable of producing any of each resource and as such is a high priority starting target.

Now as Commander...

-> "Production Settings" (scroll menu whilst at an FOB), will give you a GUI that enables you to select each suitable (and captured) sector be it 'small village' or 'factory' sectors and decide which resource you want produced. It will also provide a detailed overview that includes the current choice of resource, the current amount of resources and also the current timer until the next 100 resources appear.

-> "AI Logistics" (scroll menu whilst at an FOB), will give you a GUI where on the left side panel you may "Add" or "Remove" a logistics group, these at current are background processes. For each logistics group, you can buy or sell trucks (at current any amount) that will in turn be used to configure your logistical limit per journey (mission). Below this middle panel UI, you've also got all you need to command logistic groups take "X" amount of resources from "A" to "B" etc. Although "A" and "B" can be simultaneously used again in other logistical group missions, the same route cannot run simultaneously between different logistical groups. From here, you sit and twiddle your thumbs. :)) 

When used properly, this method results in a fair and immersive "passive income". One that instead of expecting all the work to be done, will complete the 99% of the work where people don't want to play a Euro Truck Simulator. In my personal experience, I've found the best method is to keep this system running and when you are in immediate need of some resources, to transport those yourself, personally.

It's worth pointing out that this is all leading to future implementations including the possibilities of ambushes, convoy patrols, mine clearings etc and even possibly "hearts and minds" styled missions where (as my own suggestion) you could surrender supplies to the civilian population in return for civilian favour, of course, you would have to make sure these supplies arrive safely to succeed in your mission and possible threats could include roadside IED, vehicle IED and ambushes/incursions. Hope this helps clear some things up, 0.95 was released with content in mind and as such, the tutorial was a bit rushed on my end. ;);)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wyqer said:

The older versions are still available on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/releases

Will work as known.

Which RHS Trucks exactly? The ones for troop transport or the flatbeds with only passenger seats in the cabin? The last ones have transport configs.

The first one don't, but yeah, maybe we figure out how it would fit to put crates in these ones. Thanks for the hint. :)

17 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

I can understand your opinion, I was a bit worried about the work too. Then an AI Logistics was implemented, this automates the entire process and at the same time, has some small requirements (truck prices and timers) that are fair and still immersive. This will all lead somewhere larger in future too, this is only 0.95 after all. :)) Those RHS trucks, I've done the configs for the BKIT and will even do configs for the infantry transport trucks as well as the Super Stallion. Every preset though will come with cargo type trucks, config'ed and ready.

Thanks for the answers. I would suggest giving the players a truck along with the starting resources when you build your first FOB. Having to use helicopters to transport the boxes to your storage area is incredibly cumbersome. Especially if some of the boxes land among trees making it impossible to get them until you build your first truck (which you can't without gathering the resources to begin with). We ended up having to steal a civilian truck because the ones we took from the enemy couldn't be used for transporting the boxes. The military trucks we tried to use were the US and russian troop transports, don't know their exact names. We didn't really try the AI logistics but I will give it a go when I have the time.

6 minutes ago, zatyr said:

Thanks for the answers. I would suggest giving the players a truck along with the starting resources when you build your first FOB. Having to use helicopters to transport the boxes to your storage area is incredibly cumbersome. Especially if some of the boxes land among trees making it impossible to get them until you build your first truck (which you can't without gathering the resources to begin with). We ended up having to steal a civilian truck because the ones we took from the enemy couldn't be used for transporting the boxes. The military trucks we tried to use were the US and russian troop transports, don't know their exact names. We didn't really try the AI logistics but I will give it a go when I have the time.

For the US, the BKIT (second two) trucks are able to carry boxes, I will do the infantry (first two) trucks today also.

For the RF, the trucks are not yet configured properly, as I've prioritised other stuff, I will do these today also.

Thank God for Civilian trucks eh?:f:

@madpat3, has today also supplied the RF Kamaz as well as the US Super Stallion configurations so I will include them once double tested. 

I wouldn't say a magical starting truck is authentic nor realistic but the current setup is also as you say, cumbersome. 

We've been debating a better setup, any suggestions? We've got:

-- Resources start on your starting position, so they could be carried to the FOB by the smaller starting helicopters (max 1) or the Spartan (3 loaded, 1 lifted - or - 3 loaded, 3 lifted with the Advanced Sling Loading mod). 
-- A map click, that directs where the boxes could be dropped instead of having it automatic above the FOB (so users can pick a larger, more open area nearby).  

Or, either of those two but with an offroad also, which can carry 1 box at a time (way less authentic I feel).