Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

You can run the following via debug console on the server:

combat_readiness = value;

value from 0 to 100

Hello everyone, 

I'd like to invite you to our upcoming International Liberation Event. Are you interested in team-based, semi-hardcore gameplay? 

Check out this Thread for more information: https://www.killahpotatoes.de/index.php?thread/573-international-kp-liberation-sessions/

If you have any questions or need more information you can also join our Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/bpPUU48
The event will take place at 05/20/17, 18:00 CEST. You'll need to register on our website to participate. 

Also, if you like, check out our short teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjpU-WwEjw

I hope I'll be seeing you there! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyqer said:

You can run the following via debug console on the server:

combat_readiness = value;

value from 0 to 100

Thanks a lot! It is great you help so friendly.

Do you know troops created to control it through Zeus disappearing after restarting a server?

Happened to me in several savegames, but maybe it is a specific problem of my configuration?

The AI troops won't be saved, yes. That's normal behaviour.

After the 0.95 release (in about one week) I'll start to work on the enemy reactions, some AI tweaks and also some kind of "store bought friendly AI at FOBs / sectors". So they'll be saved there (or moved there, if it's saved and they aren't stored) and you can "unstore" them then to have them again as units on the map.

How can i add the advanced medical system (ace) ?

I have tried to add the module in the mission but it doenst work...

thx for your work!!!! ceep going

Activate the ACE setting in kp_liberation_config.sqf

get the serverconfig.hpp from GitHub

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/tree/master/userconfig/ace

and then use the ace_server.pbo on your server or local machine, to use the serverconfig settings.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation#ace-serverside-settings

I am using ACE AI but not other script/mod to improve the AI.

But when enemies are staying in or on houses they only raise and lower their weapon. They do this, but they can see me/us.

Only when we are going to them (about 5 meters distance) they move a little bit and then they start to shoot.

Should I test it without ACE? Or do you know the issue?

I really hope it is okay for you I am asking here so much.

I like to help, but on the other hand side I do not want to create issues on Github when it is a simple thing/known or only my failure.

I'm tring to figure out how to restrict zeus to a certain people but I cant seem to figure out in what format you can add several people. Would you do it like this:

GRLIB_whitelisted_steamids = [
"76561198016642626","76561198016642627","76561198016642628"
];

or:

GRLIB_whitelisted_steamids = [
];

"76561198016642626",
"76561198016642627",
"76561198016642628"

Try that out and see. It should give it to whichever one is the commander.

• Like 1

When you implement the USS Freedom, you will do it via a script or will you place the carrier normally in the Editor?

Advantages of the second option: all of us are able to replace the planes and to edit their weapons ...

It'll be placed via the editor. As that will allow to place all needed things much more easily instead of using relative positions etc.

And about your advantage..... there won't be any aircraft on the carrier from my side. Huron and 2 - 3 Little Birds as it's now.

But everyone can edit it, sure.

Nice! But ehm sorry to ask this but is there an eta on the next update?

If everything will work as expected, I'll release the next stable update this weekend.

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

If everything will work as expected, I'll release the next stable update this weekend.

I'm really new to the Arma mission/modding scene, so I hope you can bare with me here.  

Will this require the new DLC that was released today? If it DOESN'T require the new DLC, will having the DLC affect anything (my gut tells me it wouldn't)?  Will I have to do any updates for my server (dedicated) besides the new mission .pbo ?

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, been really enjoying it so far!

The DLC is not required, no.

The carrier is free for everyone (just an object in general). The DLC ownership just give you the ability to fly the new jets, nothing more basically.

so you don't have to worry about that someone don't have the DLC and some have. :)

• Like 2

Hey there!

How do i replace Chimera with the USS Freedom? When i simply move the Chimera marker like i would with a Base on Land the Spawn is on the Waterline/Inside the Carrier. How to fix it so People can spawn on Deck?

Thanks in advance,

Flash

There are some smaller things to do. As I'm not at home right now. I can't provide you a detailed instruction. You could have a look in the liberation wiki how to port a map and use the conclusions to replace chimera with the freedom.

or you just wait for 0.95 ;)

Hi!

When using the Advanced Ai Command mod (https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/190793-advanced-ai-command/ ) there is a problem with remote controlling squads. When you jump back to the main player commander, the custom action menu adds the same options multiple times. So if you swich multiple times between squads and the commander, after while the action menu has like 15 options for "redeploy", "build" etc.

This problem is shown in this video by woofer at 9:19.
https://youtu.be/JXfFkcBov7E?t=9m16s

I have also experianced problems with the mousewheel not working at all in certain situations, I know its related somehow to the bug listed above since I tried it without the mod. I have also tried only using Advanced Ai Command and no other mods, but the problem persisted.

The mission was the altis one.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, demsity said:

Hi!

When using the Advanced Ai Command mod (https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/190793-advanced-ai-command/ ) there is a problem with remote controlling squads. When you jump back to the main player commander, the custom action menu adds the same options multiple times. So if you swich multiple times between squads and the commander, after while the action menu has like 15 options for "redeploy", "build" etc.

This problem is shown in this video by woofer at 9:19.
https://youtu.be/JXfFkcBov7E?t=9m16s

I have also experianced problems with the mousewheel not working at all in certain situations, I know its related somehow to the bug listed above since I tried it without the mod. I have also tried only using Advanced Ai Command and no other mods, but the problem persisted.

The mission was the altis one.

Thanks in advance!

I've had this same problem as well, and I assume it has something to do with remote control essentially using Zeus to take control of the AI.

That may be why it was turned off.

New Experimental Version

This experimental missionfile includes the logistics system for the commander.

I won't explain in detail how it work, because I also want to know how intuitive and "self explanatory" it is. So hopefully like figuring things out.

Only some things:

• You can access the logistic menu if you're the commander, near a FOB and have at least one FOB and one "production sector"
  • The timer won't refresh if you just keep the menu open (like you wanted to wait until the convoy arrives or something), you've to close and reopen it again to have the current status
  • This version is not compatible with an older 0.95 experimental or 0.94 savegame, so you have to wipe your savegame via the mission parameter in the mp lobby
  • If you encounter bugs, weird behaviour or something, please report it on GitHub. Append a list of used mods, server.rpt and "steps to reproduce". That would really help me, as I can't test any possible situation alone in a local mp.

Download experimental missionfile

Some Feedback on 0.95dev:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong (or just really suck at lifting xD) but the start feels a bit too tedious having only the Huron to move the resource containers for the first FOB.

Yeah, I'm also not really satisfied with the airdrop of the starting resources.

In the first implementation there was also a truck being airdropped, but that is some kind of weird, to have a HEMTT airdropped.

Another idea was, to provide the starting resources once at the starting base (carrier or chimera), so that you can load it inside the huron at the start. But I don't know if it's really a good idea.

So, yeah.... I'm also still thinking about a better way.

Some more feedback on the new Exp version.

-The airdrop of the starting resources is indeed a bit wonky. Starting out with resources at Chimera base might actually be better.

-Slightly disappointed in the convoys, I was really rooting for somebody to actually give genuine trucks a go, real trucks with real AI in them that have to make it to the FOB/Base.

Yes, it would go wrong many times. (AI driving) But it has improved a lot over the years, and i feel if the roads are clear they would make it most of the time. Add to that that scripts could maybe be used (?) to check their progress, to see if they're stuck and if yes, they could be moved up or out of the way. 

The reason I want this is A: Immersion, an invisible convoy mechanic is basically nothing more than a hassle. You don't get to see your goodies move, you don't need to cover them, you don't need to clear the roads. 

Having real trucks means you'll have to put a lot more work in. There's a real chance supply lines get disrupted by just one enemy rifleman, or blockage on the road.

It would give us tons and tons of stuff to do.

Currently what it adds is pressing buttons and playing a new version of Euro truck simulator named Euro Huron simulator to get the factories build, after which you just have to keep pressing the same buttons to get your convoy in.

I understand it is a lot of work, but it would really make this mission something more than just capturing towns!