Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

And also wanted to ask you, have You prepared a complete list of the names of weapons, equipment and air vehicles mod RHS: AFRF. I don't know where to get the names mod RHS: AFRF

@_KOC_

We use our discord for chatrooms only, so no problem :)

I've not an already prepared list for the classnames.

But you can easily look them up on the RHS page:

http://class.rhsmods.org/

How do I make it so the Platoon Commander has full Zeus commands? Like being able to place units and move them etc. I can't figure it out.

@Floxike

open the mission.sqm

search for:

property="ModuleCurator_F_Addons";
expression="_this setVariable ['Addons',_value,true];";
class Value
{
  class data
  {
    class type
    {
      type[]=
      {
        "SCALAR"
      };
    };
    value=0;
  };
};

change

value=0;

to

value=3;

in \scripts\server\game\zeus_synchro.sqf

change

_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["edit", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["place", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["synchronize", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["delete", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["destroy", -1e8];

to

_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["edit", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["place", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["synchronize", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["delete", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["destroy", 0];

@Wyqer

Managed to test vehicle side fix pretty extensively with a few people, we had 0 instances of enemies shooting each other. I can add the fix to GitHub. Additionally, unless someone's already done it, I'm working on an ammobox vehicle unload placement offset due to an unfortunate snag I found. Mi-8 tail booms are too low, and they also have the tail skid, which means that eventually one ammobox will collide with the helicopter upon unloading and, well, boom. I'm adding it to the in-house stuff I'm doing, but if you're interested, once I'm done with it, I can pass it on. All it'll require should be an extra value in degrees next to the distance behind the vehicle the boxes spawn in classnames_extension.sfq.

We've just implemented one old line from zbug, which also applies on the "right sides" so everybody is shooting at the right guy.

Personally didn't tested it, if it works for your vehicle problem, because I'm on the feature implementation at the moment.

But sure, if you want to contribute, just create a pull request via GitHub.

Here is the old line from zbug which has been implemented again:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/3c0f2c9c95e28befccaaf4f101f0bfa1de4bb8fe

@Wyqer

Yeah I never changed that, I've been tweaking off straight-up 0.924. That's why I mentioned first time around that I thought that was already defined. So even if it was defined, I kept getting the issue, and what I implemented appears to have stopped that. The only possible issue which I just saw and may want to fix first is that it changes the crew side for the enemy vehicles but not necessarily the vehicle side. Those have sides too AFAIK. So a green radar blip may in fact be an enemy vehicle. Should be easy to fix, I'll try it.

• Like 1

add the classname in the static array. (static_vehicles_extension)

Small Info Posting

Changelog with finished changes for the 0.95 so far:

• Added new resource system
  • Added Italian localization. Thanks to kaso2mod
  • Added action to change alignment (up or terrain aligned) during placement of buildings
  • Added action to reassign the commander to the zeus module (only shows if the commander has no access to zeus)
  • Removed resource caps system
  • Removed option for passive income
  • Removed old vanilla unit preset (custom.sqf already provides a vanilla setting)
  • Removed `gameplay_constants.sqf`
  • Merged `gameplay_constants.sqf` settings into `kp_liberation_config.sqf` and added descriptions to the variables
  • Updated Spanish localization. Thanks to regiregi22
  • Replaced manpower icon with supplies icon. Thanks to jus61
  • Tweaked arsenal blacklist filtering. Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked save manager -> helicopters from the LHD or Chimera won't be saved, as they spawn on every mission start/load
  • Tweaked name for savegame namespace -> adapts automaticly to worldName
  • Fixed UAV unconnectable after player death. Thanks to veteran29
  • Fixed missing batteries with Apex laser designators. Thanks to veteran29
  • Fixed enemy weapon dance. Thanks to kaso2mod
  • Fixed non vanilla paratroopers don't have a parachute

Planned changes / features till release of 0.95 (listed as a kind of general topic):

• FOB Upgrade Buildings
  • Optional Classes / XP / Rank System
  • More Sidemissions
  • Priority and player commanding system for the commander
  • Buildable sector fortifications and upgrades
  • Enemy mortar and artillery support
  • AI Supply Routes to deliver resources from sectors to FOBs or from FOB to FOB
  • Limited slots for planes and helicopters (depending on the buildings build at the FOB)
  • Rework the AI interests (more dynamic reaction to the player progress)
  • Sahrani Map
  • Al Rayak Map
  • Integrate the upcoming BI Carrier

At the moment I could imagine to implement everything listed above till release of 0.95.

But well, it's only a hobby and maybe some features will be postponed to the version after 0.95.

If you want to join the group of existing contributors, you should fork the 0.95 branch from GitHub and hand in your additions via pull request there.

I can't promise, but I personally would name the second half of may as a possible release date of 0.95.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

add the classname in the static array. (static_vehicles_extension)

sorry, I mean vehicle which included crew.

is it possible?

I want use CUP's C-RAM and GMLS, but these things is not able to "get in".

@O360_A1AD

Then one of the vehicle arrays in the same file. And choose "Build (Crew)" in the build menu.

20 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@O360_A1AD

Then one of the vehicle arrays in the same file. And choose "Build (Crew)" in the build menu.

thanks! it worked.

Is it possible to get the direct control Zeus module? I need it desperately because my damn Javelin AT Soldiers run into the MG of a Tank instead of shooting it :/

Scroll some posts up.... there is the explanation how to enable full zeus.

Passive income was always nice to have with a small group and the sessions stretched out over time. What was the reason to remove it completely and not leave it in as optional?

As the resources now are stored as crates in the FOBs, there can't be a "add amount X to magic global ammo storage each Y minutes".

There will be the functionality to use AI logistic trucks to carry resources from sectors or other FOBs to a FOB and store it there, so smaller groups just can let the AI do the work. Also with a waypoint system for the commander, so the AI won't drive through enemy territory, etc.

But a passive income like it was before don't fit in the new resource system.

As the resource system is basicly finished, I just packed a experimental pbo with the current changes.

It's really not polished or ready to be played public. (and this is only one feature of the planned ones till releasing 0.95)

Also the prices for the units don't go through a "balancing phase" or something. They are just a kind of "first adaption" at the moment.

But if someone want's to have a look at the resource system (and maybe can report some bugs, sure), I really like to give you the opportunity to do so:

Experimental 0.95 .pbo

• Like 2

I heard an noise and my supplies fell from the heavens... +10 would test again!

First observation, could we drag the supplies slowly?  Mine airdrop landed by power line poles and if I take down the lines with explosives, I will destroy the supplies. I bent my chopper trying to get them hooked on and moved. (I corrected this by landing and can set R3F to move the supplies if I wanted to on my end)

Secondly, I don't have enough supply to attack targets after buying a truck to haul supplies around. I play single player on a dedicated server so I depend on AI. My friends drop in occasionally to play. (Again, I can fix this on my end buy changing the prices. See #4)

Third, the crates I took from the first small village were scattered all over the place. When I went back later some where in the middle of the road. It doesn't make sense for supplies to be all over the place. Can you make a "factory" with a lot beside it where the crates are stored for pickup. Would that help with AI truck drivers? (Without AI Truck Drivers this is going to be TruckSim 2017 on small servers. Im spending way more time picking up supplies than anything else.)

Fourth, you could have left the prices the same. Since resources are expendable, you lose something it hurts. The way it is now, you lose something and its a disaster. Want to make a disaster? Add enemy artillery. Also, when your FOB gets invaded and explosions are going off, you could have a HUGE disaster from losing a huge PREPO site.

Fifth, turn the Deconstruction building into an Engineer building. Makes more sense. http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/construction-engineering/combat-engineer.html

Nothing in the way of bugs so far. Only had one drop of supplies in an hour or so. Probably intended though. Just FYI...

@sowens

Hey there and thanks for the Feedback.

To First:

I also thought about some methods to prevent the starter package beeing unreachable. Nothing really suitable till now, but I'll keep thinking.

To Second:

The mission is basicly provided as a MP mission. So I decided to "optimize" new features etc. for this kind of game. And as you say, changing prices or edit something for the personal needs isn't very hard if you want to have a better SP experience. Maybe I'll start to implement some things to make it more SP friendly in the future, but this won't happen with release of 0.95.

To Third:

At the moment the crates are placed the same way as ammo crates where placed at military sectors before. As I work on a "you can choose which resources factories produce and build resource buildings in towns", I'll implement a more immersive way to spawn the crates at the sectors. I also thought about storage areas there, but at the moment this should be something the players have to build there (also prevents a storage area to be random placed on very strange places). But this is something I'll work on when I reach the selectable resource production and AI logistics features.

To Fourth:

As one crate is worth 100 resources, I thought the price of for example 8 fuel isn't very balanced anymore. Before you had maybe a fuel cap of 100 or something near. Then 8 fuel for a truck was already a kind of "higher price". But as you get already 200 fuel as starter package, and I hadn't adjust the prices, you won't have any motivation to capture factories and carry the fuel home, as you maybe never need more as the starter value. And I only provide kind of "suggestions", as the pricelist is something really easy to edit :).

To Fifth:

Thanks man, me and some of the guys at discord talked about anything "nicer" and more suitable then "Dismantling Building" without naming it like "Recycling Centre". I'll change the name in the next commit :)

One drop only:

This is intended. The airdrop should only provide you with a starter package of supplies.

Thanks for the reply! It sounds like you got your head wrapped around all this really well. 

I have one question, how can I remove the 300 meter you can't build here so I can put a FOB and supply area in key areas?

open:

\scripts\client\build\do_build_fob.sqf

change

_minsectordist = GRLIB_capture_size + GRLIB_fob_range;

to (for example)

_minsectordist = 100;

• Like 1

thanks! That will help me continue the testing.