Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hey Guys,

had no internet at home due to some hardware issues (spare hardware arrived today)

Thanks @Veren for answering the questions so far :)

@Wyqer No problem, it's actually a pleasure to help someone who decided to pick up the development of this glorious mission.

• Like 1

@O360_A1AD There is no SQF in the missionfile which you could or should override to have these additional options in the arsenal. To be honest, I think that this is also not intended to be a functionality during the running game. But feel free to change the code with additional things to have the functionality for yourself.

@LordFagot

No, there is no limitation. It would be best, if you share your edited preset file. Bet there is some comma missing or something else.

Hello Wyqer! 

I've re-added my units to custom.sqf and indeed there was a comma or something else missing.

Thank you for your insight, you are awesome!

good morning all,

With the mission we seem to run into issues with acre - without ACRE we can have 15 guys on the server without any issue.

With ACRE nearly everyone is experiencing crashes. HAs anyone else seen this and is there a known fix?

Thnx in advance,

Helios

@devilspawn My group uses ASR AI and it causes no problems. We used to have Vcom AI, and it worked as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Veren said:

@devilspawn My group uses ASR AI and it causes no problems. We used to have Vcom AI, and it worked as well.

Thanks for the reply Veren :)

will ASR AI or Vcom AI work well with ace?

@rg-helios

We play also with ACRE since a half year and didn't experienced an issue like that. Is there any error message or something?

• Like 1

no, just crash from arma with an access violation. Nothing in particular I could find in the log files either.

If you have no issue, it might be one of the acre plugins I placed down maybe or conflict with another mod.... Will keep searching :(

@devilspawn yes, ASR works well with ACE (no conflict)

Hopefully this one is easy.

When any of my players are leading a squad, and die, one of their squad mates will keep reporting in that they're taking command. They'll spam that for nearly a minute straight, even after being revived. There's been quite a few friendly fire incidents at this point....

@D-man9000

I can really imagine, that because of this there where some.... "accidents" :D

Personally I can't help you instantly, because we play with ACE, where this "chatting" from squad mates is disabled completely.

But maybe some others had this issue and can report something about it.

I'll have a look into the issue between the feature implementations.

Maybe you should consider to join the discord. There you have many other people, who host, play and / or edit the mission. A good place to get help or talk about the mission.

https://discord.gg/bpPUU48

Hello dudes

I just found this thread, really glad to see someone's still working on liberation. Thanks for that!

Found the thread scouring for some info. I've been working on in-house conversions for my small group, and so far I've managed to do the usual island conversions, and then moved on to CSAT conversions, and now I'm experimenting with something else.I've made a total Russian-Takistan overhaul using CUP units, and it appears I ran into a weird one for the first time, the awareness of which might be of some help if you haven't found it already. 

Bear in mind, the issue may be caused by my very limited coding/scripting knowledge in that I haven't quite found the solution to it. What's happening is that East is going against East (Russians against both the Takistani Army and the Insurgents), but Takistani Army Vehicles only aren't properly being designated to West. Militia vehicles and infantry are being assigned properly.

After searching, I found that in the spawn_battlegroup.sqf, the opfor_battlegroup vehicles are supposed to be switched over after spawn:

_nextgrp = createGroup GRLIB_side_enemy;
        _vehicle = [markerpos _spawn_marker, _x] call F_libSpawnVehicle;
        sleep 0.5;
        (crew _vehicle) joinSilent _nextgrp;

Unfortunately, nothing of the sort occurs, and once opfor_battlegroup vehicles spawn at an objective, they get shot at/start shooting at their surrounding "allies", even if it's Takistani Army.I hadn't noticed that until I started fighting units of the same original side. On the other hand, I noticed that the militia vehicles are unaffected for the following reason:

In order to nicely randomize the types of insurgents on the militia vehicles, when calling on F_libSpawnVehicle.sqf Zbug calls F_libSpawnMilitiaCrew.sqf to randomize the crew and assign a side:

_grp = createGroup GRLIB_side_enemy;
_vehcrew = [];
while { count units _grp < 3 } do {
    ( militia_squad call BIS_fnc_selectRandom ) createUnit [ getpos _vehicle, _grp,'this addMPEventHandler [''MPKilled'', {_this spawn kill_manager}]', 0.5, 'private'];

So, therefore, the militia vehicles show up with enemy crews, as they should. The thing is, I tried different things in the spawn_battlegroup.sqf, and no luck so far. I also tried initializing the side in F_libSpawnVehicle.sqf, and again, no joy. I'll keep trucking along, but it may affect people who may want to make total side conversions that fight against units of the same side. I would appreciate if someone picked up on a solution to this in their travels, and additionally, even with my limited knowledge, I would be glad to chip in if any help is needed.

EDIT:

Don't you just love it when someone posts a wall of text on the forum, and then comes back answering his own questions?

The solution was essentially in how Zbug did the Militia crew spawning. As in, he edited the crew properties as he was spawning a new crew for the vehicle(battlegroup spawn ->vehicle spawn -> militia crew spawn). Otherwise I can't get ARMA to change sides after the fact. 

The only thing I did was define a private variable in F_libSpawnVehicle.sqf

_grp = createGroup GRLIB_side_enemy;

and then add the following

_newvehicle = objNull;
if ( _classname in opfor_choppers ) then {
    _newvehicle = createVehicle [_classname, _spawnpos, [], 0, 'FLY'];
    createVehicleCrew _newvehicle;  //new
    (crew _newvehicle)
joinSilent _grp;  //new
    _newvehicle flyInHeight (100 + (random 200));
} else {
    _newvehicle = _classname createVehicle _spawnpos;
    createVehicleCrew _newvehicle;  //new
    (crew _newvehicle)
joinSilent _grp;  //new
    _newvehicle setpos _spawnpos;
};

Hope this might help someone who may wish to make some weird-ass conversion  in the future.

@sj_marcl
We are aware of the fact, that there are still some weird issues with total "switch to east" conversions. Think we'll fix that till the next version.

You can also try to do the following as addition:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/3c0f2c9c95e28befccaaf4f101f0bfa1de4bb8fe

I'm very glad, that you've found a solution for the "enemies shoot their allies". Maybe you want to contribute it to the mission via GitHub, after you've done some testing and verify that it really prevents issues.

You could just fork the 0.95 branch and hand your changes over via pull request.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/tree/v0.95

Oh, and maybe you also like to join the discord, to talk some more about this behaviour :)

@Wyqer Sweet! Yeah I'd love to chip in with the odd fix here and there. That's mostly what I can do now anyway, as I've mostly kept things simple, or added trivial stuff like a radio player at Chimera for extra "Russianess". Bits and pieces like that. 

Regarding testing, I played a bit with some of my guys last night after finding the fix, and everything appears to be in order. I'll keep on the lookout a bit more to make sure there's no strange behavior, but so far, it seems it's all fixed, and everyone's shooting the proper people. Other than that, Zbug has done a pretty good job of defining custom sides to enemy units. AFAIK it was just the non-militia vehicles that had the issue. Battlegroup infantry and Militia infantry were fine. 

Also, regarding player joinSilent, It was already defined in the init_client.sqf in 0.924, unless I'm missing something as a bit of a noob.

Anyway, it appears that tweak was more or less what was needed for east vs east conversions, will update after maybe another night of testing just to make sure.

• Like 1

Guys i don't know if this the right topic but i have a problem with this mission, well actually is more an ACE3 problem.

I'm playing the KP_Tanoa version with a friend of mine, LAN Server, i'm hosting.

Since we're not so much but we love ace3 medical system, i edited the tanoa pbo with some modules so we can heal with bandages cpr blood etc, IA Too.

Everything works fine except that at some point the option to transfer blood just disappear, we can bandage and all the other stuff but we can't transfer Blood, i can't transfer blood to IA or to my friend, he can't neither, the courious fact is that we usually can for a limited period of time, we always try to use it at the start of the mission to make sure it works, and it works, than after like 20-30 min of play we can't give blood to anyone, if i restart the mission it usually work again for a short period, than poof, gone.

We're using Basic Medical System and this mods: CBA_A3 - BC-Phoenix - ACE3 - JSRS4 Apex

Can someone help us?

Thank you :)

@Vicashh29

In ACE 3 the Bloodbags and Plasma are only usable for 30 minutes after they're removed from a storage (Saline will work unlimited)

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

@Vicashh29

In ACE 3 the Bloodbags and Plasma are only usable for 30 minutes after they're removed from a storage (Saline will work unlimited)

That's why there's a (Keep it cold) tip, i knew it it was something like this.

So afaik Saline isn't used in Ace3 Basic, what should i do for keep my Blood IV cold but still in my Inventory? We're just noot good enough to switch to Advanced Medical

Thanks!

You can't do anything if you have them in your backpack.

Just keep them in a vehicle nearby or something.

Hey. I really like your work on the continuation of the liberation 0.94 mission. Could you make a choice of the game for RHS: AFRF v. RHS: USAF. Or tell me how to do it yourself. Thanks in advance.

@_KOC_

Personally I don't plan to release an east vs west missionfile.

To change it that way:

in gameplay_constants.sqf

GRLIB_side_friendly = WEST;
GRLIB_side_enemy = EAST;

change the values.

And then you should make a whole edit of the custom.sqf unit preset file to your likings.

You could also join our discord, as there are some people who already did a edit like that and can hand you the files over or help you with that.

Thank you. I do not speak English, or will be in discord the chat to ask?