Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

If you want to start from the LHD, you need to use the Atlas LHD plus mod, yes.

Link in the first post of this topic.

And you should wipe your savegame, just to be sure everything is working correctly.

Hey, loving the scenario, been playing it with some friends and they said it was better than Wildlands :P

I was just curious as to how one would go about adding more objects to the build menu for FOB building.

Cheers in advance!

@Veren Where do I find the presets folder? Do I have to manually install the scenario to get access to it or am I just blind? I checked the install directory of Arma 3 and the Arma 3 Profiles folder but couldn't find it.

Thanks for the classname library though!

Edit: Found it! Didn't realise it would be in the .pbo, I'm new to this kind of thing :P

@pr0saic

You should download the mission from GitHub, if you want to edit something. :)

On 4/1/2017 at 1:25 AM, Wyqer said:

@Ryejin

Al Rayak and Sahrani is already on the list for 0.95 :)

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/projects/12

Well that's going to certainly save me some hassles. I still cannot figure out why it stopped working. I'm about ready to just restart the whole process and port it from scratch.

If you have no intention of using the LHD, do you just not place the marker for it?

@D-man9000

Just place everything. If you don't want to use the LHD don't worry. It'll all deleted during mission load, but for the init you'll be good if you just take everything over.

You can leave some things behind, but just take it all and be safe :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

@D-man9000

Just place everything. If you don't want to use the LHD don't worry. It'll all deleted during mission load, but for the init you'll be good if you just take everything over.

You can leave some things behind, but just take it all and be safe :)

Cool, I'm assuming it's still the same process as from the Liberation wiki? So you take a copy of each of the three capture zones, a copy of the enemy ground and air spawns, then just place them on the map and copy them around?

Yes, it's still the same procedure.

Okay. So still having issues with my port haha

The first container that is spawned for a FOB container is a B_Slingload_01_Cargo_F. I can only rearm from it.

If I choose to start the mission with the first FOB built, then I can buy a FOB container or truck from the FOB and they both work to spawn FOBs. So there's got to be something with the initial FOB container. What script is that set up in?

My object for it is a grass cutter with the name "base_boxspawn", which looks to be right.

Or I can just wait for you to finish porting it :-D

If you can build the FOB Box from an FOB and it works, then there is nothing wrong with your classname for it. The same variable is used in the initial box spawn.

The script for it:

\scripts\server\base\startgame.sqf

Figured it out. I am an idiot.

I was trying to build too close to Base Chimera

• Like 1

Keep the development going, you are doing a great job rehauling the (IMHO) best dynamic mission ever made for Arma 3.

Thank you

• Like 1

Excellent work.

How do I set this up on a dedicated server to just use vanilla arma. I would also like to add some apex content as well.

Also could you add a parameter to reduce or turn off weapon sway, much like the stamina setting?

Thanks,

reed

• Like 1

@Jnr4817

Just download the map you want to play from the GitHub releases.

UnPBO the mission and ensure the unit preset in the kp_liberation_config.sqf is set to 1 (default value which also contains some APEX vehicles)

Then set the default mission params (for example enable the BI Revive System by default) in

\ui\mission_params.hpp

Make it a PBO again, upload it and play without mods (only the mods for the map, of course)

7 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@Jnr4817

Just download the map you want to play from the GitHub releases.

UnPBO the mission and ensure the unit preset in the kp_liberation_config.sqf is set to 1 (default value which also contains some APEX vehicles)

Then set the default mission params (for example enable the BI Revive System by default) in

\ui\mission_params.hpp

Make it a PBO again, upload it and play without mods (only the mods for the map, of course)

Got it. Thanks for the help.

@Wyqer

Which sqf should I override to make "voice"  "face"  "insignia" selectable in VA?

One thing that's always bugged me, since the original. How do you deal with the IEDs? Can you remove/disarm them?

@D-man9000 You can set them off by shooting them with some high-caliber rifle, generally .50 cal will do the job. If You are using ACE, you can defuse them using ACE interaction menu.

Hello, I'm new to this great mission and so far I haven't encountered any issues except for one, when I add quite a few new units from certain mods (RHS,CUP) to the build menu inside custom.sqf they've shown up and I could build them. But when I add a bit more it reverts back to Vanilla and all the units I added no longer show up.

Is there a limit or did I miss anything?

And if there's a limit can I change it?

Hello. What's problems to adapt this mission to singleplayer with normal save system? I don't like create LAN-server. 

Thanks for the improvements, don't throw it. I waiting for update.

@MAITSUNE If I recall correctly, there's just too much data to be saved for vanilla Arma saving system. The saves made by vanilla would be corrupted or something like that. Besides, is creating a LAN server really that much of a problem?

Hi guys, i have a couple of simple questions i would like to ask.

First of all i'm really enjoying the mission so far, i'm playing it with a friend of mine on LAN and we are having lot of fun, heres the questions:

1- We are kinda noobs with the game, so in the early beginning we accidentally killed a lot of civs to the point our Ammo went down to -70, is there a way of restarting all over again? I'm noob about save files location etc, if i run the Local Game again it just load to the point we left it, how do i restart all over again if i want to?

2- When we met to play what i do is start the game as the first time we did, but the game give me the options of chaning parameters everytime (Like shortert nights, first FOB already built, Difficulty, and so on .... ) do changing parameters affect the game if the last time we played parameters were differents? Ex: We met last night and played at normal difficulty, if i restart the game tonight and change it to Hard will this affect the game? I mean, do changing parameters affect the game everytime i want to play or just the first time i run the server?

3- Do you suggest me to not change parameters if i'm not starting all over again? (can changing parameters everytime be dangerous for the save file?) EX: We started with first fob already built, if i run the game tonight to keep going from where we were the "default" parameter it's: Start the game with first Fob already built = NO, but we already have the first fob already built, can this corrupt the game or something?

4- If i want to save and go to bed, do i just "Esc" "Abort" or there is a safer way to make sure i'm saving? I'm always scared next time i'll play the game will restart all over.

That's pretty much it, sorry for my english, i'm Italian.

Thank you very much,

Hey @Vicashh29, I'll try to answer Your questions.

1. You can restart the game by changing the last parameters, the first one is something like "Wipe the save game", and the second is "Confirm wipe save game". After you change them, You will start from the beginning.

2. and 3. You can definitely change the parameters everytime You play the mission. Changing difficulty and so on do no harm to Your save game. If You use specific parameters every time You play the mission, You can make Your life easier by changing the default ones in mission_params.hpp file in the Liberation mission folder. If You have PBO version of the mission, You'll have to download it again from GitHub. After You edit that file to Your liking, the mission will automatically load the parameters of Your choice.

4. Aborting the mission automatically saves it, generally Liberation's save system is a solid one, as it even sometimes saves Your progress after Your game crashes.

If You need any help. just PM me.

• Like 1