Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

First impression for the storage areas for resources (ammo, fuel, supplies). Here they are sorted, but there will be large and small ones. And you can mix the resources which are stored in one area, of course.

Next will be the transportation and that the resources have to be at the storage areas of that FOB, you want to build something.

storage_preview.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Ryejin

Sorry?

"the respawn truck to a truck to a APC"?

In the RHS Presets the Respawn Truck is a M113 medical.

ohhhh ok ya guess its RHS

I've used you Liberation code base to make my own custom version and every time anyone hits save or load in the Arsenal there is a 15-30 second freeze. Long enough that some people crash or drop connection. Other than changing classnames and default settings I've added VCOM AI and ICONs Airpower script. I'm using the custom whitelist to block out the deployable weapon bags. Any ideas?

@aced170

Never experienced lags while save or load in the arsenal. Only that the first arsenal opening will take some seconds, but also not that long as you describe it.

Do you have the changes on a GitHub Repository? If not, what files have been changed and which Mods do you use?

19 hours ago, Wyqer said:

First impression for the storage areas for resources (ammo, fuel, supplies). Here they are sorted, but there will be large and small ones. And you can mix the resources which are stored in one area, of course.

Next will be the transportation and that the resources have to be at the storage areas of that FOB, you want to build something.

storage_preview.png

Oh man, that looks awesome. The general direction of Your development is really great. One question, have You checked that building-terrain-allignement-thing I told You about? Oh and by the way, when I tried using Zeus to build terrain-aligned buildings, they'd just mess up after server restart. They'd look just like walls and buildings placed by building module.

I planned to look into the way how the buildings are saved and loaded (which causes the movement of builded objects) after I've finished the first part of the resources overhaul.

So I'll look into it before releasing 0.95

Question..can the "extended options" script be used with another mission?

Diesel

storage_preview.png

@Wyqer  where you the one that changed the re spawn truck to a truck to a APC?

This is great. Sling loading supplies from main base to FOB while waiting for players to join is a great 'side mission'.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

On 3/26/2017 at 2:00 PM, Wyqer said:

storage_preview.png

Thats pretty neat..I already add something similar into the missions i edit..I also have a script I wrote to load the Nato ammoboxes shown into an RHS Truck Flatbed..as well as smaller cargo boxes that carry tires/tracks for the ACE Repair....great stuff!

a35a84fbfc74468890382bfa7058b817_zpsfjii

Let me know if you want to incorporate my script into your mission..be happy help.

Diesel

@diesel tech jc

Sure, you can use the "extended options". Everything in the mission is under MIT, so feel free to use what you maybe need. :)

A box config for more trucks would be very nice, sure. So if you would send me the offset config used for attachTo, it would be very helpful. Thanks for the offer

example for the normal HEMTT:
["B_Truck_01_transport_F", -6.5, [0, -0.4, 0.4], [0, -2.1, 0.4], [0, -3.8, 0.4]]

(offloading 6.5m behind the truck, three attachTo positions for the crates)

5 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@diesel tech jc

Sure, you can use the "extended options". Everything in the mission is under MIT, so feel free to use what you maybe need. :)

A box config for more trucks would be very nice, sure. So if you would send me the offset config used for attachTo, it would be very helpful. Thanks for the offer

example for the normal HEMTT:
["B_Truck_01_transport_F", -6.5, [0, -0.4, 0.4], [0, -2.1, 0.4], [0, -3.8, 0.4]]

(offloading 6.5m behind the truck, three attachTo positions for the crates)

Thanks..I sent you a PM about the loading scripts.

Diesel

• Like 1

So my friends and I are having a small issue with the Taunus mission:

It's not saving the game between server restarts.

We're running it on a dedicated linux server, with the following mods:

Dega Parachutes
Enhanced Movement
Survivable Crashes
Remove Stamina
Taunus (of course :P)
RHS USF
RHS AFRF
CUP Maps
CUP Core
CBA
BWMOD
Advanced Rope Package (all four mods)
ShackTac User Interface

I know the .rpt file would help, but I haven't been able to locate it just yet.. (first time doing this on linux)
Any idea why it doesn't save?

EDIT: Found the server log at least

EDIT 2: So now the saving appeared to randomly start working. Huh. Thanks for the missions though, enjoying it immensely!

This could be a good hint from your rpt:

Global namespace not passed during: false

Because the save will be done in the namespace of your arma 3 server profile.

I've never used a linux server for our ArmA 3 servers, so I can't really get you a "there is the error" hint.

But maybe you should check the chmods of the directorys and files. The [profilenameOfServer].vars.Arma3Profile has to be read and writable, because there is the savedata stored and loaded.

You can also visit our discord, as in the arma3-liberation channel there are also some people who run the mission on a linux machine. Also there are often questions about editing the mission and everybody's helping each other.

Is there a way I can get my  AI to HALO Jump with me?

No, not possible.

Alright I will have to add it myself then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Okay, no idea how I pulled this off. I can't build a FOB.

I ported this over to GOS Al Rayak, and was able to run some quick tests by myself. As soon as I added your littlebird script in, the fob box, B_Slingload_01_Cargo_F, stopped being identified as a possible FOB  box.

So I can't deploy. I haven't changed the FOB_Box_Typename at all, so not sure where this would've come from.

I was working off of a map that had already been set up with liberation. I just went into the mission.sqm, and replaced the Littlebird_Protection script with your new Littlebird spawning script. But now, like I said, I can't spawn a fob from the box. The Fob container also no longer shows up in my purchasable stuff at an existing FOB on my test save.

Thoughts on where I can look?

@D-man9000

Which base version did you used for your port?

If you used the 0.924 and just replaced the littlebird spawn without doing anything else it won't work.

Also what did you edit inside the mission.sqm which belongs to the littlebird spawn script? Or do you mean you went into the missionfile?

You can keep the mission.sqm (and your edited custom.sqf also), but you should use all the scripts from the actual version.

Do you start from an LHD or from the Chimera Base?

And a server rpt log would be very helpful. Do you see any errors (black boxes midscreen) or something as you've tried it in the editor maybe?

Starting at Chimera base

I took .924 for Altis and replaced the mission.sqm file with the one from the Al Rayak liberation mission.

I replaced every instance of littlebird_protection with your "littlebird_spawn" within mission.sqm

I'll take a look at the rpt log when I get home.

@D-man9000

As I know you can't use the old version with the new script files.

Also you have to delete the preplaced little birds in the editor, because the script is a spawn script and therefor the little birds will be spawned by the script.

And the Helipads must have a special name. Think it would help to unterstand, if you have a look in the littlebird_spawn.sqf to see how it works and that it don't protect any preplaced things.

@D-man9000

It's basicly right, what @Bunnyhopps says.

The way I fixed the "falling Little Birds" on the LHDs is, that they'll be spawned at mission start instead of preplaced Helicopters are protected against damage for a certain amount of time (so the falling don't harm them)

And also, as she said in her post, the Helipads at the chimera base have specific variable names. And the Little Birds for the LHD spawn at fixed relative positions to the LHDs center.

If you don't use obviously the 0.94 Version, but the 0.924 Version, why did you take a script from the newer version to the old version? What've you expected would happen or improve if you only take one scriptfile to the old version?

I would recomment you use the new version completely and only with your mission.sqm and adjust your Al Rayak port to the new script files. You don't need to change the markers, but you should delete any preplaced Helicopters and give the helipads the right variable names (kp_chimera_pad_1, kp_chimera_pad_2, kp_chimera_pad_3, etc.). Or you just use the full 0.924 version without exchange any scripts of that version with scripts of the 0.94.

Oh, I'm sorry. I am using .94. That's why I made the changes in the mission.sqm file that I was working with.

I'll ditch the initial helicopters and give that a shot

@Wyqer i know this is asking a lot but can you make a liberation mission on CUP's united sahrani please when u have time?