Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

So no edits in one of the presets?

Then have a look in the rpt please, if there are any errors and hand it over. It would really help to fetch the reason.

@Wyqer Only things I edited are buildings. I added more of them, because we consider building FOBs as crème de la crème of that mission. Can You please explain what do You mean by rpt?

EDIT:

Hey, You know what? I downloaded newer version of Project Opfor, just to make sure, and problem was fixed! Thanks for Your time anyway!

• Like 1

the logfile of the server.

and could you please post your edited preset file also in a spoiler?

I'll have a look at it, if there is any mistake.

Chernarus got a custom build Chimera Base now, too.

Workshop and GitHub missionfile is updated.

Thanks to our community member Enigma, who build the base.

• Like 2

@Wyqer:  thank you for you hard work on this mission.

• Like 1

@Wyqer Hey, it's me again (Oh I think that soon, You'll start to hate me..) I've got another question. Well, it's more like feauture request, or something like that. Is it possible to make FOB buildings aligned to terrain? The best way to explain it, is to show you this. Here are two screenshots. If it's even possible, I think it'd prove reaally useful, especially on maps with uneven terrain, like Takistan.

@Veren

I'll have a look at it for the next version.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey, I have a question about resources and I would like to report a bug. While playing near the FOB, I was trying to place vehicles that require ammo just to look at the aspect of them, so I've never built them. I don't know why (maybe a bug?) I lost 350 ammunitions (the price of the vehicle selected) and there isn't any vehicle(I haven't even hit the build button). How can I increse my ammunitions via debug console? (I'm playing in local hosted game)

@xkrules15

The ammo ressource will decrease as you hit the build button in the build menu, just before you see the green placement dummy.

If you cancel the build, you get the ammo back to your ressources.

To adjust the ammo ressource via Debug Console you use:

resources_ammo = amount;

1 hour ago, KoRaL- said:

@Wyqer

Thanks, really appreciated!

One last question, where can I find the file to wipe the save for my dedicated server? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks again!

@KoRaL-

The save is stored in the [yourServerProfileName].vars.Arma3Profile

But I would really recommend to wipe the savegame via the mission parameters in the MP Lobby. That's why these two parameters are there.

37 minutes ago, Ryejin said:

@Wyqer ok so im setting up a server for liberation id like to do a villia version of Takistain without RHS,  we have a version from zbug we saved but how do you add like AI and vehicles to the FOB list?

@Ryejin

Don't know exactly what you mean.

If you want to play on Takistan with only vanilla Units you can set the unit preset to 1 in the kp_liberation_config.sqf

afterwards you could edit the custom.sqf in the preset folder to your likings.

Thanks for the help. Anyway I did not hit the build button, I was just playing around with The Green placement dummy and The ammo disappeared.

Edited by xkrules15

Hi. I was play Liberation year ago and remember that I can save my game progress. But now I install this mission and can`t save my game. SP and MP mode-doesn`t have save game in menu...

47 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@Ryejin

Don't know exactly what you mean.

If you want to play on Takistan with only vanilla Units you can set the unit preset to 1 in the kp_liberation_config.sqf

afterwards you could edit the custom.sqf in the preset folder to your likings.

ohhhhhhhh ok thank you

@xkrules

as I said above: the ammo will be reduced by the price as you hit the build button in the build menu what you see before you can play around with the green dummy

@sammael

There is no manual saving. And also in the old versions there was no manual saving.

The Progress will be saved automaticly. Just exit the mission and start it again as local LAN MP. The savegame will only be resetted if you choose it at the mission parameters from the MP Lobby.

Just a heads up, it seems like the latest versions of the Chernarus version on Github got an APEX dependency.

• Like 1

@mushr00m

I'll have a look into that, thanks.

Small hotfix released on GitHub and the Workshop missionfiles.

• Removed Apex dependencies on Chernarus missionfile (custom chimera base had two apex rocks) - thanks to @mushr00m for the hint
  • Fixed custom flag texture not applied after savegame load
  • Fixed Mapmarker disable won't work
  • Like 1

Hi,

First, thank to @Wyqer for continuing this mission dev :)

What are your thought about the planned but never released extra feature as shown in Zbug Trello ?

https://trello.com/b/FfUXrHn1/liberation-dev

Like the class system to enforce loadout, the progression system to access better gear, the bobcat extended role, the commander use or the mission progression screen.

Is some of them/all on your roadmap ?

Are you planning some new kind of secondary mission ?

Thx

• Like 1

@Tetsel

Yes, I've some of them on my mind.

Some things I want to implement:

• Some Building which extend the FOB with functionality or unlock some features (his feature "upgradable FOB")
  • A possibility for the commander to set priorities or give commands (his feature "Commander can give missions")
  • Possibility to fortify sectors a little bit (build field hospitals or resupply stations there) (his feature "Bobcat role expansion")
  • Reworking the AI counteroperations a little bit, so that they will be more interested in taking sectors back
  • Enemy Mortar Camps when a higher agression is reached
  • Some more side missions

But one thing I won't add at this point are some kinds of AI support (he named it off map support), because Liberation should still highly teamwork based, so supports etc. should be mostly done by players. In case you have not enough players, you've already the possibility to build Vehicles with AI, which can be commanded by the commander. But artillery strikes, helicopter taxi, etc. via the BI support menu is in my opinion nothing from what Liberation would benefit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tetsel said:

Hi,

First, thank to @Wyqer for continuing this mission dev :)

What are your thought about the planned but never released extra feature as shown in Zbug Trello ?

https://trello.com/b/FfUXrHn1/liberation-dev

Like the class system to enforce loadout, the progression system to access better gear, the bobcat extended role, the commander use or the mission progression screen.

Is some of them/all on your roadmap ?

Are you planning some new kind of secondary mission ?

Thx

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/projects

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dragonspride1995 said:

@Wyqer

NERDGASM!!!!!

Wishlist tho.

Assassination missions

Randomised Sub Objectives

More ways of gathering intel

More challenge to the mission without making AI tougher (example, more complicated objectives.)

Better Building System. With much more variation.

Expanded progression system?

@dragonspride1995

Glad you obviously like it ;)

If you want to suggest something, it would be the best, if you could post it in the corresponding project cards on github.

Example here:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/7

@Ryejin

Sorry?

"the respawn truck to a truck to a APC"?

In the RHS Presets the Respawn Truck is a M113 medical.