Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

KP Liberation for Arma 3

liberation.png

KP-Liberation.svg KP-Liberation.svg KP-Liberation.svg total.svg

KP-Liberation.svg KP-Liberation.svg KP-Liberation.svg KP-Liberation.svg

Overview:

The area has fallen to the enemy and it is up to you to take it back!

Embark with your teammates on a persistent campaign that will span several weeks of real time to liberate all capitals across the region.

• Experience a massive “Capture the Island” campaign involving a large range of different settlements across the entire area.
  • Cooperate with up to 34 players, including a Commanding role, two fire-team squads, a medevac and a logistical support squad as well as AI recruits to fill the gaps.
  • Purchase both infantry and vehicles (both ground and air) using three different types of physical resources; supplies, ammunition and fuel.
  • Build the FOB of your dreams with an in-game "what you see is what you get" system.
  • Play within an immersive engine that not only punishes you for civilian casualty but diversely reacts in turn.
  • Combat aggressive and cunning hostile forces who react and adapt to your actions.
  • Monitor and work alongside, or against, independent guerrilla forces.
  • Learn that every window is a threat thanks to the custom urban combat AI.
  • Accomplish meaningful secondary objectives that will benefit your progression.
  • Never lose your progress with the built-in server-side save system.

Introduction:

As promised I have continued the Liberation mission originally created by @zbug and in turn started a new thread for this continued version so that the old thread would not lead people to the old GitHub page, as any new links would be lost deep inside many pages. I will update this thread with all new information and the correct links will be shown within this post always. If you encounter any bugs or issues (and there will be some) please report them here at Github and not just here at our Discord or here in this thread. That would a great help to me as it will keep a good overview of any reports. I really hope that @zbug will return in the future but if not, let’s keep this mission running with community support.

Join us on Discord:

If you like, you can head over to our Discord. Please post any large issues and bugs on GitHub, because that way I've much more of an overview about reported problems.

Get the Mission:

Download the entire mission collection here from Github.

Download prepacked missions here from Github.

Download prepacked missions here from the Steam Workshop.

Changelog:

Have a look at the full changelog on GitHub

The License (MIT)

Copyright (c) 2015 GreuhZbugWyqer

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@Ryejin

No real tutorial, no.

To use a custom preset just depbo the missionfile, go into presets -> custom.sqf

There under buildings_extension you can add what you want as buildable objects for a base.

If you're happy with your custom.sqf you open the kp_liberation_config.sqf in the mission root folder and set KP_liberation_preset to 1

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ryejin said:

is their a tutorial on how to add stuff to the build menu for the FOBs?

KP_Liberation.Altis\classnames_extension.sqf

Commendable you want to keep the mission going, however one of the nice things of liberation was you didn't need any mods to run the mission.  Now CBA is required ... Please keep the mission vanilla if you are going further with it.  It worked fine without CBA before.

Otherwise nice that you keep it going, I spend plenty of time in the source code myself.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, celludriel said:

Commendable you want to keep the mission going, however one of the nice things of liberation was you didn't need any mods to run the mission.  Now CBA is required ... Please keep the mission vanilla if you are going further with it.  It worked fine without CBA before.

Otherwise nice that you keep it going, I spend plenty of time in the source code myself.

i agree with this what if i dont want RHS mods or OPFOR what evers, its would be highly wise to have a vanilla version linked here as well @Wyqer

• Like 1

@celludriel

@Ryejin

I'll look to remove CBA for altis and upcoming tanoa.

Also the other maps don't need generally any mod. (only the corresponding map mods)

You can choose the vanilla preset on every map.

And there is a vanilla version linked -> GitHub code

The Steam Workshop Versions for Takistan and Chernarus have the RHS etc. dependencies to offer a variety. But also these maps can be played without any mods like RHS, FA18 etc.

You just have to set the preset to vanilla in kp_liberation_config.sqf and run the corresponding map mods.

I had to decide to offer every map as vanilla in the workshop or to offer there (where the mostly unexperienced players would get a map or mod) the "recommended preset" versions, so people can experience a bigger variance for this mission without change something in the configs.

If anyone wants to play Takistan for example only with vanilla units and not with the RHS, Project OPFOR, etc. -> it's possible without real problems.

By the way, the next Version could be expected at the coming weekend.

Al Rayak, Taunus and Tanoa will also be ported then beneath some other tweaks and fixes.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Santa96 said:

Does anyone have a link to Liberation Tanoa without required mods? I found one of steam but i can not modify the PBO on that one to add units my self, unfortunatly.

@Santa96

At the weekend there will be an update with Tanoa.

You can preview the Tanoa missionfile in the 0.94 branch on GitHub (Just finished it today)

Edit: And well, the Tanoa version you've found is not my version, to prevent confusion. I've only published Altis, Chernarus and Takistan at the moment.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link to Liberation Tanoa without required mods? I found one of steam but i can not modify the PBO on that one to add units my self, unfortunatly.

Sorry of the double post. And thanks for the info ! Looking forward to it

@Wyqer Oh man, that's so awesome that you've picked up the development of Liberation. I'm sure that many people (including me and my group) are very grateful. Just keep up the great work! Oh and I have a question, do You think it'd be possible to make a parameter for enemy faction like in some other missions, or is it just too deep inside the mission files to make?

@Veren

What do you mean exactly?

If you want to change the classnames of the enemys (for example from CSAT Soldier to RHS Soldier) you can do it via the custom.sqf in the preset folder.

And if you change the whole faction from BluFor to OpFor you can change it in the gameplay_constants.sqf

But if you change for example GRLIB_side_friendly = WEST; to GRLIB_side_friendly = EAST; you have to build a custom preset, because you've to change for example the friendly soldier from B_soldier_F to O_Soldier_F and so on.

• Like 1

Can the new version be used with exisiting maps? I have quite a few that I have ported this too and dont really want to re-do them all so can I use the folders/files only? I assume all the markers etc are the same?

Diesel

@Wyqer I meant changing CSAT to something else, just like You said. Now I understand, I see that it's not too hard to do. Thank You very much.

@diesel tech jc

Yes, just take your mission.sqm and use all other stuff from the new version. (remember to pick the right gameplay_constants.sqf from the Missionbasefiles)

@Veren

You're welcome. Just ask here, on GitHub or in our Discord if you have problems or anything else. Glad I could help.

• Like 1

Hi Wyqer, 

Just a quick question 4 you. 

We are running cherno map with your base required mods and see there are over 230 vehicles at the start of the mission that will stay on the server and not hand off to headless clients and after a time server performance drops of quite alot -20 FPS though the 3 headless clients are quite happy with ~100 units each +40 FPS. 

So are these 200 vehicles needed and will they affect server performance? What is their roll in the mission?

All 8 cores are running 

2 x Arma 3 server cpu server 

3 x headless Arma 3 server clients x 2 cpu each

3.8 GHZ intel

The server auto reloads every 4 hours.

Don't see this issue on the straight Altis 0.924.

Kind regards,

@jimbobskee@hotmail.com

The 230 vehicles (or objects) are some custom build bases on the chernarus for the military capture points.

We're playing chernarus at the moment in our community, too. We're running without headless clients on our root server. We don't encounter server performance drops that notably impacts the client performances.

The shown server fps are about 25 - 40, which should be fine for a server (if I'm not horribly wrong).

But as you explain you've about 230 premade objects and a minimum of additional 300 units (not objects) on the map?

I'll have a look at a performance improvement for the 0.94 by disable simulation for some objects etc.

• Like 1

0.94 Released

• Added Tanoa missionfile and vanilla apex preset
  • Added custom made Chimera Base for Tanoa. Thanks to @jus61 for building it
  • Added X-Cam-Taunus missionfile
  • Added custom made Chimera Base for X-Cam-Taunus. Thanks to @jus61 for building it
  • Added arsenal whitelist preset system (change via kp_liberation_config.sqf)
    • Use blacklist from unit preset (default)
    • custom whitelist file
    • KP Community Selection
    • RHS USAF
    • RHS USAF with ACE3
    • RHS USAF with ACE3 and ACRE2
  • Replaced old hostile markers (exclamation marks) with a unit count sensitive area marking system
  • Removed dependencies on Takistan missionfile
  • Tweaked the presets
    • custom.sqf is now default (vanilla is a kind of legacy now)
    • Vehicle ammo prices are raised to make them more valuable
    • Provided custom.sqf now adapt automaticly to installed mods
  • Fixed falling Little Birds on LHD
  • Like 2

I'd like to say thank you for your effort!!

heads up!!

thank you very much for not letting this realy good mission die and even to to port it to so many maps.

thank you wyqer!!!!

Already working on the Al Rayak Map and some additional things.

Glad, that you enjoy the progress :)

Hey, @Wyqer, I've got a small problem. We are trying to play Takistan version of this glorious mission, and while the Takistani Army spawns just like it's expected to, the Militia doesn't spawn at all. There's that small village of Landay just next to Chimera Base, when we try to capture it, the progress bar immediately turns blue, but we still can't capture it. It seems that the game thinks that there are some enemies in the village, but it doesn't spawn them. If it matters, we haven't set up our first FOB yet.

• Like 1

@Veren

Do you have Project OPFOR installed on the server and clients?

Did you changed anything in the preset files?

Have a look in the server rpt, if there are errors or something. maybe post the parts here inside a spoiler.

Yesterday somebody posted a identical issue on the old 0.924 version on GitHub, but he used also a modified file with IFA etc.

• Like 1

@Wyqer Yes, definitely, like I said, the Regular Takistani Army spawns just like it's supposed to, we only have problems with the militia.