Pilgrimage Ported Variations

Hello

this topic is about the famous mission Pilgrimage by Rydygier and the port and variations I made with it

there are all "unofficial" versions, meaning this is my work based on Pilgrimage mission, with permission  from Rydygier, but there is no Rydygier support on thoses versions.
I will provide all support on those versions.

I'll try to upload as fast as possible the several port I made.
the topic will present each variation ported to a particular map

NEW UPDATE MAY 8th 2019

WEFERLINGEN Port

bLNCS4xTLM6r5Z_oGLmHGOYuwUZE-jyGlfbNLyCj

Pilgrimage 1.951 based missions ported to Weferlingen GM terrain from the latest Arma3 DLC

on summer terrain

on winter terrain

four versions:

two standard Pilgrimage  on summer and winter maps

two RHS mod tweaked Pilgrimage on summer and winter maps

winter version tweaked for winter clothing at mission start

boat replaced by a car

mission should end when brother's body is loaded in the car (not enought time to test it to the end of the mission)

some previous mistakes fixed ( wrong spawn points coordinates, wrong churc coordinates)

need to fix: random Ryd_JR_Cars spawning points ( all similar cars spawned in the river )

next goal: to tweak a Pilgrimage version with GM uniforms, units and cars only  as I was requested by private message.

here it is

ltKc4O.png

Here on Google Drive 

TAUNUS Port

vCl44d.jpg

based on Rydygier's Pilgrimage 1.95 WIP and Vafana's Taunus Port WIP.

from Rydygier's work:

Features

- whole map reasonably yet dynamically each play initially populated with enemy garrisons and patrols with few possible behavioral patterns. Nothing is spawned later, every kill counts and has meaning;
- dynamical adding of random loot to some buildings. Such buildings are, until checked, marked by 3D icon if player close enough;
- cameral plot with some small, nasty surprise;
- across whole island may be found few dozens of empty vehicles ready to use. If known to player, for easier spotting, also marked by 3D icons if close enough;
- context-sensitive jukebox playing with reasonable intervals A3's tracks depending on situation (safe/enemy spotted by player/player spotted by enemy);
- simple caching system to keep performance on decent level despite many groups on map;
- fuel fund used for fast travelling and repairing or refueling player's vehicle;
- kept as high as possible compatibility with mods.

latest fixes:

- AC paradrop into the sea when player near shore - still may happen, should be better now - not tested;

- wild growth of the array holding taken house positions (not emptied?) - should be fixed (not emptied was positions taken by deleted civilians);

- rare main loop breaks due to "0" elemnts of said array (test solution) - should be fixed;

- restore persistent chapel markers for all difficulty levels - not tested;

- direct body-to-boat loading should take Alex to closest boat, not the original one - should be fixed, not tested;

- sometimes too big values of player's speed read by hunters from his tracks - should be fixed, not tested;

- own boat countes as abandoned vehicle for ADM - should be fixed, not tested;

- check, if there isn't a gap in the LOS checks of AC code in case of town battle event (LOS check should be peformed using players's position, not town's location) - should be fixed, not tested;

- in MP player can drag only own waypoints - only one player should be able to place them - not tested;

- another loot distribution options to make also weaponry of fallen foes vanishing, to make completing optimal gear more challenging - not tested;

- chance for civilian doctors and mechanics across town population, service available depending on player's reputation;

- removed "game logic" from the side chat, replaced globalChat with customChat, colored headers depending on source (ADM, phone, radio neutral, radio alarm, other);

- redone respawn in coop wip - removed boat, last chapel and hideout respawn positions. Present are: teammate position and safe position. 

from Vafana's work:

- original mission.sqm file

- some of the starting points coordinates

- ideas about specifics versions like RHS troops instead of original BI units

from my work:

- replacement of the boat by a car on mission start

- ability to push the car in any direction if needed 

- ability to attach chemlight on the gear at night ( chemlight needed in inventory, automatically attached to vehicle when driving)

- ability to holster weapon

- modified map by scripting to add some military buildings (to play "realistic" setting)

unlike Tanoa Edition, there is no "blackout " option and Incognito is not included in the setting neither, those modification seems to CTD the game on starting mission for now.

if you want to play Incognito, you'll have to add it as a mod.

SCENARIO:

Taunus is "land only" map, there is no sea around so Pilgrimage story need a change: 
you are arriving on Taunus by road with an unarmed civilian car.
the mission starts where you are almost fuel dry in an almost broken car.
the goal will be to find your brother's body as usual.....

SP files 

Taunus port offers two differents versions of Pilgrimage SP 1.95 WIP:

Pilgrimage_195_Taunus.xcam_taunus.pbo      

is Pilgrimage 1.95 WIP with all standards units from Arma 3 (CSAT and AAF units as opponents)

the only requirements are Taunus map and CUP terrain complete ( needed for Taunus map )

Pilgrimage_195_TaunusRHS.xcam_taunus.pbo   

is Pilgrimage 1.95 WIP with RHS units to replace original Arma 3 units

in addition of the required mods already told, all RHS  units mods are required: @RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF

both Taunus SP missions are barely TESTED but yet some updates have been done:

March 17th 2017

- fix on mission ending ( not teested yet, deep search into the whole files to change "has_body_boat" to "has_body_car"

- fix for decoy.sqf

March 16th 2017
- change  on " _mapsize" parameter in JRInit.sqf to try better scenario mechanism (WIP on test)

- scripting corrections to be able to end the mission. (WIP on test)

MP Files

March 17th 2017

Both MP version added, same features than SP missions but in COOP format (2 players 😞

Pilgrimage_COOP_1_95_wip7.xcam_taunus.pbo

Pilgrimage_COOP_1_95RHS_wip7.xcam_taunus.pbo

both Taunus SP missions are NOT TESTED  today March 17th when uploaded (only tested RHS version to start fine)

I highly recommand those mods also:

-MOCAP

-Enhanced movement

-Tryk's Uniforms

-Military Gear Pack

-Incognito

Download Link to Taunus Port

Here on Google Drive  ltKc4O.png

To do on Taunus Port

as Taunus is a map with no sea, Pilgrimage mechanism  might need some improvement/ change.

here are ideas I might work on in a further update of the mission:

spawn point could be a DZ where Alex (and Buddy if present) have been dropped on by Helo.

as it is not "stealth" way for insertion, DZ is burned and we might think of a enemy squad coming in the very next minutes, as made for ROADS starting, to see why an helo went here.

so you have no usable vehicle right now at mission start.

brother's body to be found and vehicle needed as usual, but once you have the body, you'll need to go to a random exflitration point you'll have to find.

several options here:

• Yorre call you back to give you coordinates when you have called him to tell you found the body. (option "call Yorre to exfil " in menu once body found )
  • you need to pay civilian to give you an exfiltration point/ or join a specific resistance squad on the map (before they get killed  eventually ).
  • you have to ask for surrenders for a secured exfiltration point (leak in defense lines where you might cross the border)
  • you might have civilian / logisitic helos on seized airfield you have to find to escape
  • you might have to find randomly spawned helo somewhere to escape
  • with difficulty level, we might think to increase/decrease chances to have this exfiltration point by paying/asking.

we might think to add minefields randomly around this point ( as done with strongholds and airfields)

TANOA PORT

CRWGSc.jpg

Both SP and MP missions

• based on Pilgrimage 1.94 version
  • setting Improvements: Black Out and Incognito mods added (Black out will switch off 99% of lights at night, Incognito will allow you to appear "stealth" to enemies in some conditions)
  • map modification by scripting ( military bases and camps added)
  • Apex Units priority for Units 
  • ability to push all boats if beached
  • ability to use and attach chemlights to gear ( chemligt in inventory required, automatically attached to vehicle when driving)

Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition is here

enjoy and report any issue or idea you might have

• Like 3

Excellent !  Will try it out soon. Thanks.

I can provide a link for 3 player COOP if anyone is interested for Tanoa, Altis, Lingor and Chernarus.

Gave the RHS version a try and it hangs (taskmanager kill needed) after the mission setup screen:

Spoiler

22:05:03 Cannot load surface info data\glass.bisurf
22:05:23 Error in expression <ile {((RYD_JR_holyP select 0) distance (_starting select 0)) < 1200} do{_hix =>
22:05:23   Error position: <_starting select 0)) < 1200} do{_hix =>
22:05:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _starting
22:05:23 File missions\__cur_sp.xcam_taunus\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1500
22:05:23 Error in expression <each RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;_starting = RYD_JR_Starting select (floor (random (c>
22:05:23   Error position: <RYD_JR_Starting select (floor (random (c>
22:05:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_starting
22:05:23 File missions\__cur_sp.xcam_taunus\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1478
22:05:23 a3\structures_f_heli\vr\helpers\sign_sphere100cm_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
22:05:23 a3\structures_f_heli\vr\helpers\sign_sphere100cm_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

The regular Version has the same problem for me:

Spoiler

22:28:13 Error in expression <)} count _array) > 0)} do{_closest = [_point,_array] call RYD_JR_FindClosestWi>
22:28:13   Error position: <_point,_array] call RYD_JR_FindClosestWi>
22:28:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _point
22:28:13 Error in expression <act = vehicle (leader _act)};_dstAct = _ref distance _act;if (_dstAct < _dstM>
22:28:13   Error position: <_ref distance _act;if (_dstAct < _dstM>
22:28:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ref
22:28:13 Error in expression <)};_index = 0;_clIndex = 0;_dstMin = _ref distance _clst;{_act = _x;if ((>
22:28:13   Error position: <_ref distance _clst;{_act = _x;if ((>
22:28:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ref
22:28:13 Error in expression <)} count _array) > 0)} do{_closest = [_point,_array] call RYD_JR_FindClosestWi>
22:28:13   Error position: <_point,_array] call RYD_JR_FindClosestWi>
22:28:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _point
22:28:13 a3\structures_f_heli\vr\helpers\sign_sphere100cm_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

@major-stiffy: be my guest, your links are welcome !

Biflioi: thanks for the report.

I'll try to take a look to the script later today (I need to go to work right now )

I gave it a try too, I have game freezing several time, seems it's due to Tunus map  that require lot of ressources.

I had to lower my game settings for it to be stable.
I have lowered mission setting too on garrison (75% instead of 100%) and Ambiant combat to High Limited.

Very Hard, 10 civilian on 600m spread, AirSAD Very long, no artillery.

about loot system, 100% in Normal mode gave too much crates on my own point of view. I had lowered this to 50%: I like Pilgrimage to be a challenge :icon_cool:

Great job @rsoftokz!:thumb:

It is only a test version, I think some things need to be adjusted, such as "Strongholds" positions even "checkpoints" and other things that will occur on the way; I'm glad that you released for testing. 

I tested it briefly two months ago, I will try it again today. 

I like this idea, in my opinion would not alter the original story:

16 hours ago, rsoftokz said:

brother's body to be found and vehicle needed as usual, but once you have the body, you'll need to go to a random exflitration point you'll have to find.

16 hours ago, rsoftokz said:

you have to ask for surrenders for a secured exfiltration point (leak in defense lines where you might cross the border)

but several new additions to the story is a refresh and increase the "replayability".

@vafana: I did nothing but to fix some scripts errors firstly and to add a few things, melting your work with Rydygier's  1.95 WIP work.

the purpose is just for fellows to enjoy the mission on any map it is worth to port it on.

so there are certainly upgrades to do, just play and test the game to know what and where.

I gave a quick check to my RPT files : I haven't  found any mistake like reported above.

to be sure, I have re-uploaded the PBO files directly from my C: drive where I'm playing the missions right now.

so everyone can delete the files on their drivesd and download the files from now.
but I'm pretty sure I have no error on lines 1478 and 1500 i, JR init.sqf.

I will compare my scripts with Ryd's ones later today.

Hey Vafana. I re-downloaded the pbos but get the same error, so not sure what to make out of it :eh:

Spoiler

9:49:49 Error in expression <ile {((RYD_JR_holyP select 0) distance (_starting select 0)) < 1200} do{_hix =>
 9:49:49  Error position: <_starting select 0)) < 1200} do{_hix =>
 9:49:49  Error Undefined variable in expression: _starting
 9:49:49 File missions\__cur_sp.xcam_taunus\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1500
 9:49:49 Error in expression <each RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;_starting = RYD_JR_Starting select (floor (random (c>
 9:49:49  Error position: <RYD_JR_Starting select (floor (random (c>
 9:49:49  Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_starting
 9:49:49 File missions\__cur_sp.xcam_taunus\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1478

scripts checked, they are all the same lines, whatever mission you take it from, Rydygier official missions or any of the ones released by mates.

both of the missions start well without any error.

I run on Arma 1.66.139586
CBA_A3 updated

to be certain I downloaded the RHS version from the given link on Google Drive and launch it, no matter this far, the mission starts well ( but yes sometimes it is very long to load and might seems to hang on depending of the mission settings I guess)

the only error in the rpt is about line 2441, but the mission starts anyway.

18:50:20 Error in expression <r (random 3))
};

_Car = createVehicle [_vehType, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

_dir = >
18:50:20   Error position: <_vehType, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

_dir = >
18:50:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehtype
18:50:20 File missions\__cur_sp.xcam_taunus\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2441

I experienced a few issues with RHS version (haven't tested non RHS for now ):

- several Game crash (freezing with drop of FPS or black screen)  for lack of memories ( Arma32.exe was over 3 gb of RAM), all video setting to Ultra.

I run a i5-4690K @3.5Ghz, with useless 16Gb of RAM,  one ASUS STRIX Geforce Nvidia GTX-960 4Go DDR5. Taunus is hungry of memory ressources (latest Nvidia driver 378.78 )

- one oddity : several units and vehicles spawned on the same point, with high combat and vehicles exploding. this wasn't in the middle of the map but on the west side in the mountain. I guess it is a bug with BIS_fnc_findSafePos.

to avoid game crash for video memory lack, I use to save the game often and sometimes I have to restart the computer to restart the game....

I will have to test with lower setting, until x64 exe is released to public (I haven't tested the x64 dev exe)

Will try again tonight, without additional mods in case its one of them causing the issue. I run Taunus on dev so performance there is less of an issue (i7-6820HK @4.1Ghz; 32Gb Ram and a 980M 8Gb). I ported SaOks WLA to Taunus and it runs quite well, given my nonexistent skills, so my guess is a mod is causing my problems with Pilgrimage. I'll report back if that was the case.

feel free to post any info  to help us to fix the matter. :f:

Testing took a while, but it turns out ASR AI "killed" it. I get relatively fast in the setup screen but then it just doesn't load up. Just with CBA and i'm in the game in about 15 sec, so its working after all. I hope this helps.

I started a Taunus mission last night. The Taunus map takes a long time to load and I got to see lots of trees, I mean LOTS of trees. I also got swallowed by a non enterable building and had to reload the mission. I also got plagued by the Arma 3 FPS bug. On the third occasion I gave up and went to bed. In the meantime the map is beautiful with interesting towns and buildings which provide a different CQB experience to other Arma 3 maps. I managed to capture an Ifrit but then had to abandon it when a Mora arrived and parked up next to it. I had a perfect position to hit it from the rear but no AT.

It was 5km to the nearest abandoned vehicle. I was hoping for something armoured, but I found it was a quad-bike instead. Tonight I will be looking for the body, some AT and a medikit for my medic (who is still hiding in a building next to the Mora) but not necessarily in that order.

I played the Taunus mission last night for a while. Started out through the trees to investigate a nearby town. I found there was a specific tree (bright dark green, low) that would appear very blocky and pixelated until getting very close to it. all other vegetation seemed fine. Like the new look of the buildings but I guess I don't have a good enough rig for the best graphics. Found some nice gear and a gas station so I went back and got the jeep to refuel it. I like the Incognito aspect while the medic and I were in the jeep. Also loving the Enhanced movement for the ability to get different vantage points and also freeing up my hands (seems to run faster). Haven't run into any AI yet but I will tonight as I travel to search the first church. Nice work, looking forward to tonight and playing longer. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Biflioi said:

Testing took a while, but it turns out ASR AI "killed" it. I get relatively fast in the setup screen but then it just doesn't load up. Just with CBA and i'm in the game in about 15 sec, so its working after all. I hope this helps.

Interesting, I use ASR_AI3 along with TPWCAS_A3 and have no issue.

I played  a few hours now.

yes, Holstering the gun helps to run a little bit faster. a long rifle holstered will not make you incognito ( same with an AT on you ).
EM helps a lot to play the game differently. I cannot imagine playing arma without this mode now ( an another mod is usefull too : Advanced Rappelling )

about the map:

it is very large... a little bit too much.
I spend long minutes to run the map (I don't like playing with a vehicule until I found bro's body ) and there are long moments without action.
OpFor spawn  in cities and villages, Camps are rare to find (100% setting on camps , 100% garrison and High level of combat )
but it is a very beautifull map, I can compare with Bornholm (but with better buildings) or Chernarus + from Dayz 0.61 for people who know how to port the map without any bug and with ability to save  games.  :whistle:

some "enterable" building are "traps". you can enter  but if you climb the ladders in the lift cage, you cannot go out on the roof nor going back down in the lift.

It would be definitively the ultimate map with a mix of enterables buildings from CUP and DAYZ-SA both together and the atmosphere of DayZ (vehicles wrecks, fortified places in towns etc... like 0.61 version of DayZ-sa)

game FPS drops occurs mainly when I enter in cities and villages. (I guess it is due to loot spawning and AI spawning too )

but it is a new Pilgrimage great experience.

I might think of spreding small military camps here and there like Tanoa Edition with scripting for randoms camps occupation by AIs here and there to add some action in the forest and fields.

I will also check on mapsize parameters as it is one of the Pilgrimage mechanism base.

I've now completed my first Taunus mission. I say completed but I couldn't find a way to complete the mission. I picked the body up in a different vehicle to the starting vehicle and returned to the starting vehicle. But there was no option to transfer the body to the original vehicle. I then went back to the starting position but still no good. I couldn't see any way to get the mission to complete.

The Taunus map is a very good map, but I don't feel it's right for Pilgrimage. I only saw one checkpoint, never saw a gunship or hidden camp and only about 4 or 5 patrols. It was only occasional radio messages that let me know there were enemies around. I think Pilgrimage would need major redesigning to work with this map. especially to increase enemies around the player without affecting performance. Performance was a real problem for me with the 3 FPS bug appearing every forty minutes or so. The only way to fix it is to restart Arma which was a drag as Taunus takes so long to load.

I found the map to be a cross between Bornholm and Tanoa. There's a lot of ground clutter through grass, bushes, shrubs etc which made finding dead bodies difficult and dropped equipment from POWs impossible to find. The map still needs some polishing with better textures and buildings either being completed or made non-enterable to avoid the player being trapped and having to revert to a previous save to get out of it.

That's what I was afraid of about mission ending.

I have to check the scripts.

on my own experience while Playing/testing Taunus port:

I saw at least 3 check points, but I guess we can had more possible places coordinates about this.
I saw both of gunship, shooted one.
I found at least 5 camps.

I also have the drop of FPS several times, it appears near big cities or  when intense combats start.

the map is obviously " too big" and Pilgrimage scripting do need some improvement for sure.

it seems we all have the same analysis about Pilgrimage on Taunus.

I'm testing a new version with _mapsize parameter changed like this:

_mapDefPos = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition");
//_mapSize = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");
_mapSize = 20480;

20480 value is from Taunus config file, line 807.

author = "xcam_dev_team";
		mapSize = 20480;
		mapZone = 35;
		longitude = 8;
		latitude = -50;

I experienced a little bit more  of combats, crossing path of  more squads and patrols and I have more paradropped reinforcement (even para drop is due to player detection near cities and villages )

so the main goal now is to check files about mission ending, I might have forgot something when turning the boat to a car.

@rsoftokz

I played for a while Taunus version, I've had no crash just some freezes. It's a huge map and this is why the enemies are rare, but I think this is not a problem considering that the map itself is already very  performance demanding.

Regarding the issue mentioned by @alky_lee, it is possible that somewhere to be forgotten changing the name RYD_JR_boat with RYD_JR_car, perhaps the vehicle itself in the editor (is just an opinion, maybe it's something else).

I really like Taunus map, but poor performance it spoil for me the joy of playing...

Anyway, today I had some free time, and I managed to port Pilgrimage on the United Sahrani map, and discovered that it is quite suitable, I like it.  If you want to try, I will put a link in my signature, you can modify it as you wish or release it, I ported with great pleasure, because I like @Rydygier's work.

• Like 2

@vafana

Hi Mate !

I 've checked all files (JRInit.sqf , BodyCar.sqf - former Bodyboat.sqf-, ect.....) and finaly found what may be the mistake

in all files, I have change "boat" by car".

the mission ending is working with the variable " has_body_boat", line 144 in Init.sqf.....

I forgot to change it as "has_body_Car = false; "  in the init.sqf

it is done now, both pbo on Google drive have been re-uploaded (with also change on _Mapsize parameter )

you can delete  the pbo files on your drives and download the new ones (created March 16th 2017)

thank to all for the report

• Like 1

I've had another go following the 1.68 update for Arma. The 3 FPS bug seems to have gone although FPS still struggled to get above 20. Found the body and took it back to the original car. The option was there to load it into it. Did that and the mission completed as normal.

I still think the map is too big as there was again a lack of enemy contact. Over 2 hours to get my first kill (and radio frequencies) and only saw the gunship once, although it did take out the Stomper for me.  I saw no checkpoints and 1 hidden camp.

I did find the body in an unusual position ... planking like a pro 

LVII3zO.png

• Like 4

:rthumb: Bro rocks!!!!!!!! even after death !!!!!

well, I updated my Arma to 1.68 (with _x64 .exe ). 

this x64 make the difference ( now the game  use to use around 6Gb of RAM on the computer) and so I had no more 3 fps drop on Taunus but...

it seems something is broken and lot of buildings for BI (altis/stratis) cannot be enterable anymore due to doors  that won't open.

I have the same matter with all my modmap.sqf files, thoses files are made to add buildings ( mostly military ones) on the maps in my Pilgrimage version. doors are not opening.

I'm trying to find a fix.

as usual , BI's update brings something great but broke what was perfectly working. :whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rsoftokz said:

it seems something is broken and lot of buildings for BI (altis/stratis) cannot be enterable anymore due to doors  that won't open.

I have the same matter with all my modmap.sqf files, thoses files are made to add buildings ( mostly military ones) on the maps in my Pilgrimage version. doors are not opening.

I'm trying to find a fix.

as usual , BI's update brings something great but broke what was perfectly working. :whistle:

Have the buildings been placed as simple objects? May need to enable simulation on them.

enablesimulation is not working neither.

I searched all topics everywhere, the "non opening doors" since 1.68 is now a "known bug" and affect lot of buildings in lot of Arma 3 modded games, like Exile or Breaking Point.

I've edited my modmap.sqf to try to enablesimulation.... so far nothing works.

on Taunus, the map is also made with xcam, some building have the same issue.

some loot crate are still searchable  through walls of building if you find the rignt position to access to inventory menu, but it is a mess, lot of building are no more enterable, unless you can glitch with big chances to be stuck then in the building.

I guess we'll have to wait a little bit more before someone can find an efficient fix.

EDIT

it seems xcam doesn't support x64 exe.
inidbi, that is no longer supported and widely used in xcam mechanism, doesn't work with x64 exe.

Taunus and my modmap files have xcam in common.
might be the issue for the doors bug (I know guys on Exile and BP are using Xcam also )