Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Strategies and tactics that work!

But the big thing with CTI and RTS is your side wants to win, at the end of a C&H its like what the nxt mapm at the end of a CTI or RTS its like a huge thing.

The Problem with RTS though is that one side seems to dominate. As soon as one team gets the upper hand, it all goes down hill from there.

But the way to get that Upper hand I've found is pretty easily accomplished. All you need is a Uh-60 and some AI. Prefferably LAW soldiers.

Start off, you pilot. Get to a safe LZ. A medial distance from the enemy base. Get out and have 2 AI get in as pilot and gunner. Have them fly around to the opposite side and distract the enemy AA. Then you can use LAW's to annihilate that first line of defense. After that, pick off soldiers in towers. And blow some of the base up. If you die, return and keep blowing things up.

Or

If you can position AI well enough. Have them near enemy AA. Take an A10 LGB and get into the air. Get very high like 1000-2000m. And you have to do this part fast-Have the AI take out the AA. The enemy is quickly alerted so you have to be in position with you A10 to do a divebomb. After your bombs are release, bail out and blow up more stuff or head back and rearm.

The mod, Homeland Security, for OFP:

Homeland security is a small arms centric, team vs. team mod that forces teamwork for a team to be successful, and rewards rambos with quick and speedy deaths (where they have to wait up to 5 mins for the next game round). The game is played for 6 rounds, each round giving each player 1 life and the opportunity to buy equipment beforehand. Players get cash for kills, and the round ends if either team leader dies. Both sides can see the location of both leaders moving in real time on the map. Thus, the leader can't hide completely, and both sides are running around trying to kill the enemy leader and protect their own. It seems very standard, but in the OFP engine, it's gold/money/great/cool/awesome/etc.

Random people think up strategies and cooperate, because if they go do their own thing, their leader usually gets smoked, and they don't get very much cash. The direct incentive is to think up strategies so they can kick ass and get better goodies, and it happens a lot. People even take orders from their leaders, too.

I'd say one of my favorite multiplayer strategies is, in the first round choosing the "demolitions" class, and loading up with a satchel charge for $750 and not even buying a handgun(relying on my mates for cover). Then, while my squadmates cover me, I place a satchel charge in the bottom floor of a building or over a hill (works best in petrovice/lipany or at the dig site). Then, you just wait for the enemy to storm the building looking for you (or whoever your leader is, because they can see him on the map). Once they get near the building, or come inside, you blow the charge, and have snipers on your team in the surrounding area take out the stragglers.

In urban environments, though, sniper class and heavy class are both pretty deadly as well, and the commando with his XM177E2/AK with underslung shotgun is the perfect class to storm a building with. You just can't say no to an XM with four semi automatic shotgun shells, when you can't be bothered to aim at the guy two meters in front of you. (Designed the shotgun coding for crosshair-disabled servers). Recon is a nescessity in both early game (binocs/motion detector), and late game (laser guided air strikes).

Another favorite mid-game 3 player strategy of mine is getting a heavy class with a shotgun for close quarters defense, a commando or sniper with a rifle (xm/ak), and a demo class with a handgun and lots of satchels and grenades. (Roughly $1750 - $2250 of equipment for each)

That way, your heavy class can storm buildings, your commando can take mid-long range shots, either in the assault or defense role, and your demo boy can go sniper busting by placing/detonating satchels and tossing grenades around. This balance of forces, if used correctly, can get you close enough to the enemy commander to take him out and win the round. Of course, with 5 classes and 6 players on a team, there's a million strategic and tactical force combinations...

For context of this random post, go read the homeland security mod thread. =D

Harnu's account of how sniping goes in multiplayer is pretty accurate, sadly. I think one of the last things to ever come to people in OFP is the realization that they can be shot and killed from quite some distance. Every single other combat game, CS, RTCW, TF, Ghost Recon, etc, has such short distances that even someone with a sniper rifle is usually positioned well inside the range of a decent shot with an assault rifle. In OFP the sheer ability to even SPOT targets at distances over 200-300m takes quite a bit of time to sink in. I don't know if it's just an adjustment players have to make from playing other games in the past, or a physical thing where your eyes have to get used to soft-focusing and being tuned to movement, but either way I think that might be one of the most frustrating things for people. And so snipers can really run wild.

I often snipe because I really enjoy it, but on public servers I find I really need to exercise some restraint. I could drop everyone I see in my scope out to the max visual distance of the game but it doesn't seem sporting in public play. So I find myself mostly going on counter-sniping missions when I'm feeling like doing some long range shooting. This way the battle doesn't necessarily effect the little noobs running through the open unless they're shooting at one of my guys, in which case I'll gladly reach out and touch them. But the idea for me is to not completely demoralize the rabble public forces. At that point people start to leave and/or call you a cheap player or bitch and moan until you're kicked for sniping well.

As for actually picking the sniper class.... For me it depends. In tournament games where my role will be solely to snipe, and to do so with either a partner or a long range (400+) spot that I probably won't move from, then I will go with the bushy-headed ghillie for extra conceilment from spying eyes. For ops that might find me sniping at closer ranges (200-350) and from many positions I'd rather carry more ammo or smokers because I'll likely be shooting from a crouch not prone. Binoculars are key in either case. Really, a decent sniper can do their job without any camo if they just pick their spots carefully.

Mines are cool but they only work on tracked vehicles, which can sometimes ruin their usefulness. In a few matches my team has used 3 man squads to completely fortify a town with mines in the event armor came around. But half the time anyone with a brain will tell you that you should rarely take armor that close to a town. Armor tactics for the most part are very similar to sniper tactics. Gotta use that range to your advantage.

One good trick with mines is the ol' suicide job. Sure, it's low and dastardly like some radical group, but it can work and who cares cause you're going to respawn anyway. Sometimes the sheer enjoyment from goding a tank into trying to run you over then at the last minute planting a mine directly under you can be worth the effort.

Nothing brings a smile to my face quite like knowing that some armor is dug-in somewhere on a map then taking a 10 minute circuitus (round-about) route to the armor with two satchels. Sneak up behind, plant, plant, run, boom. Everything works a lot better if 3rd person view is turned off though. So they can't see you coming from behind or the side.

Chopper insertions are my favorite thing in OFP next to sniping. I pride myself on knowing that I've helped my team win by ferrying in troops directly to the ground or taken flags back to score by evacing them out. It's a shame so few people ever want to do it, or even use it when I'm standing by to pick them up. My perfect multiplayer misison would be infantry, snipers, and utility choppers with maybe light armor in the form of APCs. Now that would make for some pure tactics. Oh and screw parachutes and respawning. It only makes chopper pilots soft by having them never need to actually land.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AngusHeaf @ Nov. 18 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think one of the last things to ever come to people in OFP is the realization that they can be shot and killed from quite some distance. Every single other combat game, CS, RTCW, TF, Ghost Recon, etc, has such short distances that even someone with a sniper rifle is usually positioned well inside the range of a decent shot with an assault rifle. In OFP the sheer ability to even SPOT targets at distances over 200-300m takes quite a bit of time to sink in. I don't know if it's just an adjustment players have to make from playing other games in the past, or a physical thing where your eyes have to get used to soft-focusing and being tuned to movement, but either way I think that might be one of the most frustrating things for people. And so snipers can really run wild.<span id='postcolor'>

I used to snipe at distances of 1200-1700 meters ever since Delta Force 1 first came out in 1998. This is nothing new.

On the contrary! Because of OFP's view distance limitations, sniping at such distances is usually not available in OFP MP.

Things got nastier for the enemy on the field when DF2 came out and introduced tall grass and ghillie suits.

Watch your 6! biggrin.gif

DF1 , i remember when setting the color to 256 instead of 16 thousand, target finding was very easy whatever was the distance , even more than in the infamous and un-interesting DF3 (and its black dot)

DF2 was a masterpiece for that kind of play with grass and the drop the 256 color setting possibility , sniping became very challenging , too bad you needed a very powerfull system on its time (DF2 was a slideshow in 640*480 for me some years ago wink.gif ) .

In OFP , despite the lack of ghillie suit (it is not exactly the same with the brush camo used by the sniper unit) i find a very interesting game for my sniping taste (with long range it is awesome) and i retrieve the same pleasure as in DF2 to search for a sniping spot and try to find a target in the distance.

That is certainly my favorite role in this game , when you can provide a danger to another squad to cover your own squad moves , you have a good feeling wink.gif

One thing I like about OFP is that you can, some times, be completely invisible as a sniper. If you find a good enough hiding spot it can take (human) enemies upwards of 20 minutes to find you.

I try to pick my targets carefully. If a guy with an RPG is running next to a plain soldier, the RPG is going down first. This way any freidnlies in the area have a better chance if they've got armor. Also, when setting up I try to take a peek in the tmp file for peoples faces. If I see a guy with a certain face, I'll take him down A.S.A.P. Like this guy Ali Akbah, he is one bad ass player. If I ever see his face, I don't care if he's next to a tank and I have RPG's on me, Ali is going down first. And I know the exploding tank would get him, but you see my point. It's the level of threat that has to be taken into account.

And I have to ask, where do you guys snipe from? Whats your approximate rang from your target areas. And do you hide in bushes? Or do you stay near trees?

Personnally, I try get get withing 400m of the target area. You get optimal view distance, and you're far enough away any of you soon be victims can't find you. I'll take whatever cover gives me the best view. If it's under a tree, I'll take it. If it's in a bush, even better.

And once they're onto you, dissapearing is great. It's so fun to "escape" from them and move to another spot just to start all over. And if you get good pilots, rendevus and support is very very nice.

i use a very simple anti-sniper tactic. Search the highest spot you can see. Shoot at busches when you get there.

If its a more proffesional, think of the place whre you would hide, if you where a sniper, again aim for the busches.

when dooing this, use the zig zag running tactic(very hard to aim for a sniper) he will try to shoot you, letting you now his position.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I used to snipe at distances of 1200-1700 meters ever since Delta Force 1 first came out in 1998. This is nothing new.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but like 4 people played the Delta Force games.  ;-)  Actually I forgot about DF and didn't mention it because I didn't play it and I was pretty sure that it wasn't popular enough to factor into my point. For most gamers coming from the usual areas of shooters and team shooters, OFP has insanely long ranges. But yeah I get your point about extra-long ranges in DF. Question: Did DF sniper rounds drop and cant like they do in OFP? 1300m snipes with good old-style hitscan (pull trigger, bullet arrives instantly without drop) would be pretty easy if you could at least see the target and not have to worry about correction for movement/distance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I have to ask, where do you guys snipe from?<span id='postcolor'>

Habdoel's anti-sniper tactic is pretty common, so I tend to snipe from lower positions because a lot of people look for snipers at the highest points on a map. Heh, dumbest thing I see a lot of crappy snipers do is go and sit on the peaks of ridges without even so much as a bush to hide them. Classic. Though I must say that the "spray a far-off bush" technique isn't that useful unless you hope to get shot in the face when the sniper sees your muzzleflash or eventually finds where you're spraying from. And that's usually the case. The best way to deal with a sniper is to not move where they can shoot you, which means behind something solid in the OFP world.

Heh, another great thing that most people don't realize is that even with a sniper ghillie in OFP if you're hanging out of the front of a bush you might do ok for a while unless an experience sniper is around to take you out. I think any OFP sniper can attest to the fact that staring through the scopes for as many hours as we do gives you an instinct about what the OFP bushes look like even at great distance. Your silohette, even just your head/arms/barrel hanging out of the front of a clump of bushes looks like a sniper and a quick scan of most bushclumps by another sniper can easily pick you out. There's better ways to hide in OFP bushes.

One sniper technique most don't grasp is the use of loopholes. Like for your average sniper they will find themselves a treeline and go find a bush right on the edge to snipe from. Sure it gives you a nice 180 degree field of view and you can cover a lot of terrain, but you're easy pickings. Pick your target area that you're going to shoot into, now find your general area you want to shoot from (high/low/whatever), take that spot on the edge of the treeline and go back into the forest about 30m and shoot between the trees. Better yet, find two bushes that are close together but have a opening between them at the bottom. Instead of sitting in that spot, move back so that you're shooting THROUGH that spot. That's the loophole. You will hide your body, your flash, and finding you will be a lot harder. Counter-sniping you will hopefully become a lot harder because anyone that can shoot you back through the loophole will already be in your sights.

Loopholes should be the sniper's best friend next to a nice solid object that they can hide behind.  ;-)

Poor Ali Akbah. He's a hunted man. I need to tell Enron Exec to change his face because it's too easy to pick out through a scope and with his penchant for killing dozens of people (literally) he's often in the hunted spot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I try get get withing 400m of the target area.<span id='postcolor'>

I try not to be within 400m of my targets when playing against really skilled players because much closer than that and you will be pretty easy to kill with a G36. I like to keep the distance round so adjusting for drop/movement is easier. It's a shame most maps stick with the 600m view distance. There's only a few OFP missions with distances in the 1000 range and sniping on those gets REALLY interesting. The amount of drop on the OFP sniper rifles makes shooting beyond 1200m really difficult because the scopes don't use Mil-dot recticles. So you end up running out of hashmarks to line up targets with. Bummer. :-(

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AngusHeaf @ Nov. 19 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I used to snipe at distances of 1200-1700 meters ever since Delta Force 1 first came out in 1998. This is nothing new.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but like 4 people played the Delta Force games.<span id='postcolor'>

Not sure what you're refering to. There were so many full servers when DF1 and 2 came out. No lack of MP playing in many flavors. And with JIP, no waiting either. smile.gif

Most servers I played on had 16 people per game, 8 per side.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I forgot about DF and didn't mention it because I didn't play it and I was pretty sure that it wasn't popular enough to factor into my point.<span id='postcolor'>

It was the OFP of its time. I'm not referring to LW, BTW.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did DF sniper rounds drop and cant like they do in OFP? 1300m snipes with good old-style hitscan (pull trigger, bullet arrives instantly without drop) would be pretty easy if you could at least see the target and not have to worry about correction for movement/distance.<span id='postcolor'>

In DF2, you could adjust your Barret scope's range to target. The max was 1500. Past that, you had to elevate your scope because of bullet drop. There was also optionally a wind factor, depending on mission/game settings. If I remember correctly, my 1shot1kill record was 1791 meters with me trusty Barret. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah but like 4 people played the Delta Force games.<span id='postcolor'>Not sure what you're refering to. There were so many full servers when DF1 and 2 came out<span id='postcolor'>

And what to say about just the DF2 demo : even in its condition of demo , the DF2 demo had an incredible amount of players , even when DF3 was out.

DF1 and DF2 were played by a lot of people with a lot of public servers , often full.

Unlike OFP , i never had any difficulty to find a server with a good ping and enough player in it to have fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1300m snipes with good old-style hitscan <span id='postcolor'>

There were no hitscan weapon in any DF games (only knife can be considered hitscan)

You had to really practice a lot to evaluate where to engage a target 1000m away

The scope zero adjustment introduced in DF2 for all the weapons with scopes ( M4 , Barret and the M40) was very helpfull for those long range combat.

But it was well balanced by the highly increased difficulty to spot the target because of the ghillie and the grass (DF1 was lacking of those 2 features)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I remember correctly, my 1shot1kill record was 1791 meters with me trusty Barret<span id='postcolor'>

Online, i think i never hit anything above 1000 meters

In offline missions , with the help of the blind AI , it was another story wink.gif

DF2 was a masterpiece in its time , as OFP is a masterpiece now (and from my passion for the mission editor, it will be a masterpiece for me for a long time wink.gif )

Back to OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I try not to be within 400m of my targets when playing against really skilled players because much closer than that and you will be pretty easy to kill with a G36<span id='postcolor'>

Agree, with the inclusion of the G36/Steyr category of weapon in the patch , sniping in medium range is very dangerous (but you can hit your target easier than in long range)

Personnally, i think G36/Steyr are in the "cheap" category weapon and i think it was an error to include them in OFP (i have no problem with them offline, but i think they are out of place in the game atmosphere online)

I am happy that it is not possible to use them in every online map though wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One sniper technique most don't grasp is the use of loopholes<span id='postcolor'>

Your technique is interesting for semi open field.

I prefer , if the condition are there, to take cover in a forest.

To spot a sniper in a forest is really something difficult , and it is very interesting when you are in a sniper game , you hide in a forest and you try to find where are the other .

Often they are in another forest , and with the immersion you have there , you can have great fun.

It is my favorite technique in normal games too , if there are normal grunts in semi and open field , i lay down in my forest and try to engage them.

I stand corrected about DF. I was kidding when I said 4 people played DF, but I didn't think the online patronage was up to par with OFP. I did not know that it had the cult-ish following much like OFP, only more so as made clear by you two. Too bad I was busy playing crappy shooters, clearly. Oof. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personnally, i think G36/Steyr are in the "cheap" category weapon and i think it was an error to include them in OFP (i have no problem with them offline, but i think they are out of place in the game atmosphere online)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I actually happen to agree with you on that one. I mean hell, the G36 is such a new weapon also, and for a game that is fairly accurate in just about all of the other ways it could be in portraying cold war armies, the G36 doesn't fit in at all. I don't know if the AUG was around back then, but I'm pretty sure the australian army didn't start using it until the 90s when they switched from the FN FAL. I know the G36 is just NOW being put into serious service. The addition of these two weapons, and the rampant use of them in online play has in my opinion taken away from the heart of the game which is (for infantry) cold war era assault rifles with iron sights. But hey that's for a different discussion. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your technique is interesting for semi open field.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a general technique, but yeah it works best when you're shooting into a more open area than where you are hiding. Though the concept of loopholes is basic to covert sniping because the idea is to limit your field of fire, hide your location, and mask your muzzleflash. Anyways, it only works for downhill shooting and sometimes crosshill. I don't want to start rambling on and on about sniping technique and bore the bejesus out of people though. wink.gif

Just curious, what are people's longest recorded 1-shot kills while sniping in online play against other humans? I know this is basically like asking somehow how big their penis is, and people aren't always honest, but I'll assume none of you are going to embellish.

My personal records...

Static target: 1210m w/M21

Kol-whatever island, on WarZone an old Raddishville map. Made from high ridge N of shore base in NE corner of island. Gut shot.

Full running target: 612m w/M21

Everon, can't remember the map though because it was some generic CTF. Remember the area though and the target was running directly perpendicular (side to side) from my firing location. One shot to the melon.

I verified my distances by going back after the games into the editor and dropping an AI into the kill spot, and myself into the shooting area then switching to command mode (inaccurate at best) and getting range. After that I used a little knowledge of triangles to calculate the distances based on map coords and angles. So I think the numbers are pretty damn accurate, give or take 10% maybe. Hehe.

Is it weird to keep a small log of sniping kills in OFP? Perhaps that's a bit obsessive. Erm, uh, I'm not saying that's what I do though...but I got this friend...

My personal record in DF (any of the games, actually, as this was done in DF2) is 1895 meters. Very, very static target of course, another sniper was giving our team hell from a ridge on their side of the battlefield, so I climbed the ridge on our side, and took a single potshot at him (after adjusting for windspeeds and distance) and hurrah, I got him.

I don't have a distance record in OFP, mostly because I'm too busy with staying alive/hitting the next target to care about such things.

What I do, when I snipe, is that I use a misch-masch of all the sniper tactics discussed here.

There is no -one- tactic that beats them all, it all depends on:

- The people you play agains (humans, AI, good players, bad players, a lot of them, very few?)

- The mission you play

- The area in which the mission takes place (does it have nice elevated ground to snipe from, or is it a town assault on flat ground?)

- What are you up against? (Snipers, M16s, G36s?)

- Public server? (People are easily pissed off on public servers, so you don't want total pwning wink.gif)

In general though, I'm the guy with a LAW/RPG and a G36, going 'round to hit those hard-to-get enemy targets. Either snipers or dug-in BMPs or somesuch.

The best missions I play are the ones where I sneak up to the flag in CTF, hide in a bush or something, wait for a teammate to come by and grab the flag. And as he starts running back to our base, and the enemy goes after him, I jump up and can usually take out 4-5 guys right away, because they're looking the wrong way. Then I sprint back to the flag-carrier, and walk backwards behind him, facing the enemy. And lay down serious covering fire.

This tactics is best used together with smoke grenades, toss one or two as you are running back, and the enemy can't get a clear shot off.

my first counter-sniper experience was around 450 meters. (yeah yeah yeah whatever). i was about to walk to Provins from Montignac, and came under sniper fire. i managed to go back into Monti, grab a M21 and search and kill the sniper.

so a lesson is here. if you can't hit a shit.

1) don't be a sniper

2) if you miss the shot, get the hell out of there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Azz [GUN] @ Nov. 13 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Covering Fire and Base of fire tactics dont work in OFP. against AI or Humans.

Simple Reason being, no one has a fear of death.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree. They don't work only if you're playing a newbie multiplayer map with unlimited respawn.

Try playing a TEAMS multiplayer map that takes 2 hours to complete in veteran mode and no respawn and you will be afraid of dying.

Or play what you know to be a long coop and you will not want to be shot or even seen

It is very frustrating after 40mn of  good coop teamplay actions to be shot by some IA sentry.

And after some coop, you will be very carefull to your move and your location , where are your squad, do someone cover you ,do you provide cover to someone etc ...

Better : play coop with friend to be sure to have a good teamplay and the experience will be one of the most immersive.

But it is right that multi-respawn can stop this fear of being shot , a little humorous example there :

-i run *pow* i am hit and i dont know where is the  evil guy

-i respawn and run to the same area , but this time i will look on the left

-*pow* he shot me again , damn

-i respawn and run to the same area , but this time i will look on the right

-*pow* bloody sniper he shot me again , but i think i see something on this bush

-i respawn , take 3 mortars and run to the same area.

Before being at the *pow* location wink.gif i load one mortar , then i run and fire the mortar in the direction of the bush.

-*pow* damn he hit me again , *boom* ohh i blow him up he he he i am good biggrin.gif .

-i respawn and run to another location *pow* , grrr someone shot me and i dont know where he is

etc.... wink.gif

Non respawn maps provide definitively something different in term of immersion in this game

Thats a prime example of what goes on Chronicals....

maby making the respawn time up to a minute or evan two

but then most people you find on a public server wouldnt want to play that map.

I try to find a medial hieght when sniping. Low enough to not really be predictable, but high enough to get clear shots on the target area.

Heh.. still remember picking off guards in towers 1-2k away from me in DF2.

The grass. Oh yes, the grass. It changed the way I played that kind of games. I enjoyed DF2 really much, even though I had to adjust the graphics to a minimum. AFAIR the enemies were far too accurate, but I had so many great moments.

One of my things were luring a chopper to a hilltop, then when I saw the nose, I thew nades at it, and it blew up biggrin.gif

Another one was silently killing off 2 guards with a knife, sneaking up on them from behind. That was cool, had to be careful. If I used a pistol or rifle, other guards would be alert immediately.

I remember the night missions too, using NV goggles. Oh, the memories.. confused.gif

attack and defend was my fav in df2 nothing like a base loaded with 30 human players and u and sum guys charge in empting saws and droping charges with explosins every where and claymores hidden away, i reckon it had awsome net code i was on 56k on a server with 60 ppl and u didnt notice lag, it shows with decent mp support a average to bad game can be awsome, i was told before i got ofp it had 200person mp and u can drive any vechicle i looked it up, huge maps TREES and stuff to drive like heles so it replaced df2 on my sys when it came out was jus dissapointed wif mp, no jip and none of the 60 player attack defend style, still luved it tho but it could be much more, previews i read said counter strike killa not that i ever owned it or thought it was good.

Back on the topic...

While it may not get you a lot of kills, it's still damn fun. Taking a PK or M60 and just emptying box after box of ammo onto a town. Taking out cars, windows, some people. Nothing like firing from elevation down onto a town.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 30 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back on the topic...

While it may not get you a lot of kills, it's still damn fun. Taking a PK or M60 and just emptying box after box of ammo onto a town. Taking out cars, windows, some people. Nothing like firing from elevation down onto a town.<span id='postcolor'>

yea its a bit of a change from the sniper weapons everyone uses, u put a m21 or dragnov in crates everyone will have them, snipers should be few and limited ammo cos how asy it is to snipe.