Undeceived

attachTo: How to enable collision for attached objects?

Hi guys!

Simply asked: Is there a way to prevent this? :D

How can I enable collision for the container so that it doesn't go through walls or other objects?

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately the at first promising command didn't do anything. Even with named and editor-placed objects it didn't work. Unless I did something terribly wrong.

Any other ideas?

Or is it maybe somehow possible to widen/extend the "collision area" of the player himself? Let's say about 2 meters so that he would stop if he approaches a wall by 2 meters. Would look like the container colliding with the wall . :z:

Yes it is possible to widen the collision area (geo LOD) of the player with an add-on, but you need quite some modding experience for that.

A better way would be to detect, if the two objects are colliding and adjusting the coordinates of the attachTo to prevent it. But thats also much work :)

Well, I don't have that experience unfortunately. :D

That's sad, I thought (hoped) that there would be an relatively easy way for it.

Thanks anyway!

What about the EpeContactStart Event handler?

Attachto removes collision from attached object and there is nothing you could do about it at the moment. Unfortunately workaround is rather complicated

Undeceived, what is the chance to meet a dinosaur on the street? XD

• Like 2

Well, I just asked this knowing that kk has a rather closer contact to BI and deeper scripting insight than many here.

Ignoring this fact it was indeed a silly question. :razz:

Anyway, as he liked your post, I know the answer. :sad: Too sad...

Undeceived, why so hopeless? The chance to meet a dinosaur is pretty good, 50/50: either meet or not XD

• Like 1

Serena, have you started on the gin early this evening? :D

@Undeceived, you could sense when the attached object crosses other object surfaces using lineIntersectsSurfaces. It would be a terrible faff to get working - I suspect the effort to make it work would outweigh the benefit unless you have a whole project that depends on it.

1 hour ago, Undeceived said:

Let's get back to editing, shall we?

1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

I'll look at you guys when BI officially announces that they are working on a brand new engine for Arma IV with superphysics for attached objects.

P.S. About editing. Interior interaction script in my signature allow to move and stack objects. Сan be useful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

@Undeceived, you could sense when the attached object crosses other object surfaces using lineIntersectsSurfaces. It would be a terrible faff to get working - I suspect the effort to make it work would outweigh the benefit unless you have a whole project that depends on it.

It*s not a whole project, but I use the container in a mission of a new campaign. I'll see if I can do anything with lineIntersectsSurfaces, thanks for the hint.

I'll look at you guys when BI officially announces that they are working on a brand new engine for Arma IV with superphysics for attached objects.

P.S. About editing. Interior interaction script in my signature allow to move and stack objects. Сan be useful.

Maybe the Orange DLC will be exactly that!! :don11:

Ok, I'll check out your sig too - cheers.

• Like 1