POLPOX

Annoying with vanishing particles

Ahhhh finally, finally the good news is here!

So, progress was made, a fix has been prepared and should be available in tomorrow's [development] branch update, so please, try to take a look there and if you can, report back whether it was fixed or whether the fix is still a bit lacking :)

It's time to join the Dev-Branch.

• Like 4

Solved on the latest Dev-Branch, is the everything I can say.

• Like 3

yes, random particle disappearing seems to be fixed! :yay:

Particles still disappear when getting close to them though (the bigger the particle, the farther the disappearing distance)

After further investigations, it seems to be with custom particles only, so probably a mistake on my end ... Not sure of what is going on though. 

edit: The problem was on my end. My custom particles were rescaled in the p3d for some reason (there should be 1m^2 for those having similar issues) ... everything seems back to normal :yay:

Happy to know this issue will be fix. We'll be able to use again the smoke grenades that are currently completely useless.

And of course, very happy for arma gameplay without and with the different particle mods.

I'm waiting for the update on the public branch! :hyper:

• Like 1

Fix have been applied in performance branch! THANK YOU DWARDEN!!!!!!!!

Any chance someone could capture a vid of this working on 64bit? I don't have space to install dev branch

12 hours ago, rossoe said:

Any chance someone could capture a vid of this working on 64bit? I don't have space to install dev branch

You don't need to install the Dev-Branch. The latest Performance Binary (which is sized only 41MB) will works well and also able to join a stable server. Go get it from here:

Finally, this problem is fixed on Stable Branch now. Thank you for support, and thank you developers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1