zippy3251

Mask image causing texture blending

Hi guys-

My mask image is causing other ground textures to show on the transition between two colors. I am using gimp in the indexed mode. The color transitions on the mask image are immediate, so there are no intermediately colored pixels that TB can interpret incorrectly. Does anybody have ideas or experience regarding this issue? The terrain, mask image, and layers file are shown in spoilers below.

Thanks!

Spoiler

sRytphK.jpg

Spoiler

XPKJ4Za.png

Spoiler

p2efb0C.png

Someone on discord had something like this the other day. Is your image the same size as your sat / surface settings in Terrain Builder?

T030VG6.png

Otherwise TB will resize it, an make things go wrong

Yes, everything is 1024 px. It likes to add the seabed texture between other layers, so for the time being I just turned off the entire seabed layer and am pretending everything's ok. I could leave it like this, players shouldn't reeeeally be going in the water in this map anyways. I'm recreating the Carentan map from COH :D.

You sat mask is 1024x1024? What do you have the "Resolution" set to? As that is really low res

Also are you changing the image back to RGB, before importing into TB?

The map itself is only about 500 m^2, I'm only using the sat mask for a rough placement of roads and buildings. My plan is to change the detail distance settings in the map config file so that the sat image won't show at all in game, as this is a tiny map.  I actually scaled each image down to only 512x512 so my map will be the proper size. I started my terrain adventure by making a map of my college and the surrounding area using 16k images, but the loading times were intense so I decided to start smaller. 

I have not been changing the image back, why is that necessary?

Thanks for your help!