Hello everyone.

I've made a video in OGV format as an intro for my mission, it runs smooth and clear on my dedi too, but the main problem is that the mission file is around 63Mb which is a little bit too much.

Now i would like my video to be located on the server and the mission to call it from the server to be streamed to all clients as a titlecard, is this possible to do?

Or should i make an addon for all of the clients to be downloaded?

in this case i need an help with the config

Thanks in advance

Heyy,

You can't make the server stream the file there is no such command (and it would cost too much bandwidth), You also can sacrifice Video quality for lower file size, you can also distribute the video inside addons or you can pray for @killzone_kid to have made a C++ extension that converts YT videos in obv format. ;) I think I saw it somewhere and it is already done with online radios it should exist with videos.

:)

Thank you very much for your answer, yep i know about conversion exc. lowering the quality, but at this point, i believe i've found a solution, which is forcing my community to download the mission file from Meega :hm:

Due to server security i don't like the idea to stream the video from outside the server itself such as youtube

How long is your video? The max I've ever seen for, say a 15 second video is 8 mb.