I still have problems with the new update of DISWS. Somehow the conversion system stops working when finishing a side mission which is generated by gathered intel from civilians. I am trying to fix it, but it's really hard as there are absolutely no errors shown in the logs... Anyone here who is experienced with SQF? Please refer to this thread: 

1 hour ago, Godis_1 said:

DISWS doesn't work on dedicated servers! You need to play it via LAN, or direct connection via game browser. I guess that's the problem. 

Is 0.4.2.1 a new update? I don't know which one is the latest version, but I use it. On the other hand, it doesn't matter I guess, because I created 1.65 with prior version and the new version 1.70 (not released) runs with the latest version without any changes to factions. 

But remember, NO dedicated server. :)

You might want to put this as a BIG ******* SENTENCE somewhere, even on steam. Been going crazy why this for heavens sake won't run on our linux machine...

3 minutes ago, JayS_NL said:

You might want to put this as a BIG ******* SENTENCE somewhere, even on steam. Been going crazy why this for heavens sake won't run on our linux machine...

Ooopss... You're so right!!! I'm very sorry, that I forgot this!!

EDIT: Done! As for Steam I will put it into the next update, as Steam doesn't allow me to edit the description because it's too long (for direct editing, but not too long for edit via Editor - strange thing..). So I write it into the comments for now.

Well, It's DOOOONNNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :D
Finally I got it working! Damn! That was an experience! Wrote 20 new scripts - and created 20000 new issues! And it took me days to solve them! But it's done now. Playtesting atm and update!

EDIT: I need testers! Within the next 30 mins I will put the TEST version into the second post (below OP is the "TEST VERSION Links" post.)

Well guys, after a LONG LONG period of time, I'm proud to release a TEST version of DISWS 1.70 finally!

These new features and changes are waiting for you:

- New Intel and Conversations system:

Ask civilians for your reputation and get knowledge about the current amount of civilian casualties and cleared villages (from ANF).
Search civilian's belongings to find intel about ISIS weapons caches, hostages, hideouts and HVTs! The coorporation of civilians depends on your local reputation. As long as there are not many civilian casualties they will help you or at least don't attack you - in most cases. But the more your reputation decreases, the more civilians will react angry on your actions. I.e. it can happen that you search a civilian's pocket when he suddenly blows himself up in front of you - you will have a small amount of time to flee or shoot him (but keep in mind that there's a chance that he's carrying s dead man's switch!). In other cases he might pull out a gun and attack you immediately. This will also happen when you find a weapon in civilian's bag. Anyways, you will always get a chance to react, but you really have to be quick!
Civilians are carrying a lot of useless things around, so you might come up with searching for intel for a longer time until you finally find something.
You can of course loot dead bodies for intel too!
But the most important thing is to protect the locals! Defend their vilages against the Al-Nusra Front to make them happy again, once you lost their respect because too many of them have died. When you're searching for intel while having a bad reputation, you will more often face suiciders and supporters around towns - which makes the search for intel very hard! Even when the shia and sunni muslims blow themselves up near you or any player who is currently talking to a civilian in example, more casualties are the result - and this leads to even more angry locals, and so on.... So just try to portect them as good as you can, and they will help you even more!
Depending on their respect uppon you they will answer whether nicely or angry.

The new sidemissions you get from local's informations, such like pictures (with ISIS leaders on it), notes (with intel about hostages or hideouts), maps (with places of weapons caches marked on it) and other things, will be marked on your map and also a new task will appear in your tasks list. Keep in mind that you cannot have i.e. two HTV missions at the same time! But you can of course have different kinds of sidemissions at the same time (like HVT, Cache, Hostage and Hideout).

- Arresting suspicious civilians

When you're lucky to find intel by a dumb civilian (terrorist), you will have to arrest him! A new action will appear then called "Arrest". From this point you can force the local to sit down, interrogate and request a POW transport heli. After requested you have to esxort the POW to the heli when it's been arrived.
The arresting feature might contain bugs - I haven't fully tested it yet. One reason why I only put this update into TEST releases for now.

- Fixed bugs:

*Talking to dead locals isn't possible anymore!
*Optimized overall code (a lot of!!)
*Optimized DISWS for 64bit Arma 1.68! For me it runs much better on 64bit with tbb4malloc_bi_x64 and commandline parameter -HugePages. But this can be different depending on the rig and setup. I'm owner of AMD hardware in example. On Intel CPUs it might run even better! Test it for yourself, and if 64bits doesn't work fine, use 32bits. DISWS runs great on it too! All REQUIRED mods are working fine with 64bits! I didn't test the others yet.
*MP environment fixes (enemy spawning, sounds are global now)
*Actually I fixed so many things that I cannot remember them all... :D
*Added a wide new variety of "Allahu Ackbar" shouts! Suiciders and supporters are not playing the same sound all the time! It differs.

Known bugs:

- Arresting civilians works, but there might be bugs with the heli request - needs testing!
- When a local dies while you*re having a conversation with him, the conversation won't stop! I don't have an optimum solution for that yet.

Please report any bugs you find!! Thank you!

DOWNLOAD link is in the second post!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Well guys, after a LONG LONG period of time, I'm proud to release a TEST version of DISWS 1.70 finally!

These new features and changes are waiting for you:

- New Intel and Conversations system:

Ask civilians for your reputation and get knowledge about the current amount of civilian casualties and cleared villages (from ANF).
Search civilian's belongings to find intel about ISIS weapons caches, hostages, hideouts and HVTs! The coorporation of civilians depends on your local reputation. As long as there are not many civilian casualties they will help you or at least don't attack you - in most cases. But the more your reputation decreases, the more civilians will react angry on your actions. I.e. it can happen that you search a civilian's pocket when he suddenly blows himself up in front of you - you will have a small amount of time to flee or shoot him (but keep in mind that there's a chance that he's carrying s dead man's switch!). In other cases he might pull out a gun and attack you immediately. This will also happen when you find a weapon in civilian's bag. Anyways, you will always get a chance to react, but you really have to be quick!
Civilians are carrying a lot of useless things around, so you might come up with searching for intel for a longer time until you finally find something.
You can of course loot dead bodies for intel too!
But the most important thing is to protect the locals! Defend their vilages against the Al-Nusra Front to make them happy again, once you lost their respect because too many of them have died. When you're searching for intel while having a bad reputation, you will more often face suiciders and supporters around towns - which makes the search for intel very hard! Even when the shia and sunni muslims blow themselves up near you or any player who is currently talking to a civilian in example, more casualties are the result - and this leads to even more angry locals, and so on.... So just try to portect them as good as you can, and they will help you even more!
Depending on their respect uppon you they will answer whether nicely or angry.

The new sidemissions you get from local's informations, such like pictures (with ISIS leaders on it), notes (with intel about hostages or hideouts), maps (with places of weapons caches marked on it) and other things, will be marked on your map and also a new task will appear in your tasks list. Keep in mind that you cannot have i.e. two HTV missions at the same time! But you can of course have different kinds of sidemissions at the same time (like HVT, Cache, Hostage and Hideout).

- Arresting suspicious civilians

When you're lucky to find intel by a dumb civilian (terrorist), you will have to arrest him! A new action will appear then called "Arrest". From this point you can force the local to sit down, interrogate and request a POW transport heli. After requested you have to esxort the POW to the heli when it's been arrived.
The arresting feature might contain bugs - I haven't fully tested it yet. One reason why I only put this update into TEST releases for now.

- Fixed bugs:

*Talking to dead locals isn't possible anymore!
*Optimized overall code (a lot of!!)
*Optimized DISWS for 64bit Arma 1.68! For me it runs much better on 64bit with tbb4malloc_bi_x64 and commandline parameter -HugePages. But this can be different depending on the rig and setup. I'm owner of AMD hardware in example. On Intel CPUs it might run even better! Test it for yourself, and if 64bits doesn't work fine, use 32bits. DISWS runs great on it too! All REQUIRED mods are working fine with 64bits! I didn't test the others yet.
*MP environment fixes (enemy spawning, sounds are global now)
*Actually I fixed so many things that I cannot remember them all... :D
*Added a wide new variety of "Allahu Ackbar" shouts! Suiciders and supporters are not playing the same sound all the time! It differs.

Known bugs:

- Arresting civilians works, but there might be bugs with the heli request - needs testing!
- When a local dies while you*re having a conversation with him, the conversation won't stop! I don't have an optimum solution for that yet.

Please report any bugs you find!! Thank you!

DOWNLOAD link is in the second post!

Now.. if you could make it so it would run on dedicated; i.e just a script you can executure when an admin logs in on start to select a HQ; we are a go ;-)

1 hour ago, JayS_NL said:

Now.. if you could make it so it would run on dedicated; i.e just a script you can executure when an admin logs in on start to select a HQ; we are a go ;-)

The problem is that there are MANY scripts, which don't run on dedicated servers. That's because of using some commands which aren't kinda "compatible", due to BIS wiki. I'd have to rewrite a lot of code and honestly I don't want to do that.. at least right now. But you seem to be more experienced with dedicated server stuff? If you or someone could help me with that, I'm wiliing to do that.

I am also working on another feature - when all current bugs will be fixed, I'll include it. It's a selectable feature, inspired by Battlefield 1. In mission parameters in the lobby you would be able to choose if you prefer common respawning or unit switch. In case you get killed, you will take over another unit on-the-fly. It will show you a death-cam before where you see the name and the life time of the unit which got killed. The available units are not unlimited. They're depending on the amount of AP you have. And you will take over control of an existing unit from any Taskforce working on the map. What do you think of it? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Like the teamswitch as long as you lose points somewhere - i like stakes

Ok, I fix all other things, and then finish the units switch feature..

Anyone already tested 1.70 ? I need some reports.

Anyone encountering problems with the A-10 in 1.70? And anyone having issues with talk/search action on civilians when in MP? Someone reported that only the host is able to use these features..

I'm wondering if there's no feedback about 1.70 anymore? Worth to release it?

On 29/3/2017 at 3:17 PM, Godis_1 said:

Anyone encountering problems with the A-10 in 1.70? And anyone having issues with talk/search action on civilians when in MP? Someone reported that only the host is able to use these features..

Yes, I've tried to play the mission and only the host could talk with the civies, we tried changing host and did the same. (workshop version)

Pretty good mission.  A few things of note;

1) when a civilian in a truck was not driving very well...turning into walls and buildings, driving off the road, ect...he ran over a few civilians in my line-of-sight and those deaths showed on the civilian counter against my rep.  

2) many times the civilian cars/trucks drive right into me head-on, other times they just stop in the middle of the road or sidewalks...probably a BI pathfinding issue, not sure.  Some other missions the civs drive OK.

3) seems the civilians just run and scurry around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  Most of the time in a crouch position, or running scared, even when nothing is going on.  When in a battle, they are running around all over the place...hard to make out        if Friend or Foe (IFF).

4) I've been blown up while searching pockets, and never any time to react, same with suicide bombers.  What are the indicators I'm looking for other than a loud bang?

5) sometimes my AI vehicle gunner will shoot a civilian.  When I go to check the body, there is no indication he's a terrorist or enemy combatant.  No weapons, no bombs, no intel...nothing.

6) is it possible to rebuild reputation even with civilian casualties?

7) also just noticed that when a team member (AI) is injured, they do not respond to commands.  Not always, but maybe 60% of the time.

Again, thanks for the work!

DrDetroit

Great mission,really enjoying starting it,alas i can't for the life of me get it to resume.Every time I try to resume my save game it gives me the below error.

"You cannot play/edit this mission;it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rhsusf_c_hemtt_a2"

Any help appreciated.

You have to load all the required mods, also keep them updated.

UPDATE ONLINE!

DISWS 1.80

- Added more weapons to insurgents civs
- Fixed missing sound for suiciders/armed civs
- Fixed overlapping notifications when confiscating ammunition
- Ammunition found in locals bags will now always be the correct one for your equipped weapon
- Disabled Hostage-missions due to unfinished scripting for now
- Civilians will take hands up while interrogation
- Fixed possible stacking conversations while questioning or searching pockets of civilians
- Suspicious civilians now whether tunr into suiciders or will take out their guns
- Fixed winning-conditions (mission was never ending due to a broken counter referring to liberated areas from Al-Nusra Front)
- Added new win conditions (see parameters)
- Fixed towns not being marked when recognized as occupied or even captured
- Fixed casualties killcounter acting weird after killed a specific number of Al-Nusra fighters
- Fixed a conflict which affected AI units to have the stamina system enabled
- Hopefully locals will now stop talking when killed within a conversation!
- Fixed 'Fire for Effect' support not included in savegame after purchase
- All counters (reputation, civilian casualties, cleared areas) are now correctly saved via sitrep
- Fixed some notification format mistakes
- Fixed side missions not correctly saved in sitrep
- Fixed broken "hideout" missions triggered by intel from civilians (When found a "Note" nothing happened)
- Fixed a bug where suiciders turned into normal civilian while interrogation.
- Decreased the amount of suicide bombers, ISIS supporters and IEDs
- Removed IED disarmed/exploded markers. Just use the flag feature from Mine Detector to mark IEDs for disarmers
- Fixed flying units activate Village occupation zones
- Fixed Villages occupations zones not triggering
- Added markers at occupied villages will appear when coming close
- Decreased difficulty for Al-Nusra attacks
- Al-Nusra units selection more balanced and random
- Added new progress stats monitor accessable by talking to locals

Plans for the next update:

- Remaining bugfixes (you tell me)
- Improve/Fix MP mechanics
- Add hostage missions
- Improve animations
- Maybe add voices and more custom sounds (would need voice actors)

The mission was deleted by Steam when I was uploading it! So I had to reupload it. Please re-suscribe to the new entry if you suscribed before.

• Thanks 1

Looks like a very interesting mission - is there any chance of making some of the mods optional (it is quite a list) or would that break the mission ?

20 hours ago, old_painless said:

Looks like a very interesting mission - is there any chance of making some of the mods optional (it is quite a list) or would that break the mission ?

It wouldn't work without them. Sadly ICS needs the full RHS package.

The required ones are like follows:

However, most Arma players have RHS and CUP installed anyways because these are used in a lot of missions. SO the additional ones are quite small.

- Fixed accidently implemented Hideout missions which appeared when searching dead bodies
- Fixed some false descriptions in DISWS-Manual

Currently working on: 

DISWS 1.85

- Intel based missions will be placed randomly near shown markers to avoid the abillity of just dropping a JDAM on the marker
- Change the civilian faction to Iraqi-Syrian Style Civilians
- Connect intel to HQ sidemissions, unlock them depending on amount of intel points
- Add new intel points system which controls the "quality" of given informations, related to player's reputation
- Enhance the conversations system to multiple-choice
- Include some RHS-related fixes by Kartikeya
- Fix mispelling

Great mission, really fun. My buddies and I die from laughing so hard every time we get blown up.

It would be nice if we can manually set the FOB position. I accidentally placed mine on the road and now all my vehicles spawn in buildings :-(. Or at the very least allow us to set the position for vehicle spawns.

Hello, I've been trying out your mission, seems a fun experience. I was wondering though.

When in MP(NOT DEDICATED), Only me, as the host seem able to talk to and search civilians. I was wondering if this was WAD or a bug?

Side missions aren't working properly. If I cycle through the side missions, the camera does not focus on the mission location, and if I click on a mission, it does not give me a dialog to do the mission. 

Instead, after about 40 SECONDS, the camera will catch up, cycle through all of the locations, and if I clicked on a mission, will give me the dialog.

In other words, there is a massive delay on the responsiveness of the side mission map. 

Aside from that, it's a decent mission. Completely overpowered in favor of BLUE, but that's to be expected (A single M2A2 can clear the entire map). 

On 13.11.2017 at 1:44 AM, Garrott Gardner said:

Side missions aren't working properly. If I cycle through the side missions, the camera does not focus on the mission location, and if I click on a mission, it does not give me a dialog to do the mission. 

Instead, after about 40 SECONDS, the camera will catch up, cycle through all of the locations, and if I clicked on a mission, will give me the dialog.

In other words, there is a massive delay on the responsiveness of the side mission map. 

Aside from that, it's a decent mission. Completely overpowered in favor of BLUE, but that's to be expected (A single M2A2 can clear the entire map). 

Sounds like something is bugged - maybe your mods setup. BUT there are some updates to the mods I'm using for the mission, and I don't have the time to fix this stuff at the moment. But asides from that it was always working fine for me. Enemies were always strong enough and the sidemission map is responsive. Might be different to others related to the computer, mods setup and interfering mods possibly. Also the code is far away from being "perfect" :)

Thank you for the report. I'm going to look for it soon.