chrs

P3D files do not link to CfgVehilce / CfgModel configs when placed in Terrain Builder (but work in eden)

Hi,

This is a config / terrain builder question not quite sure where the problem is any help would be appreciated!

Ive got a house model in game this is its config:

class Land_VehiclePadCornor: House_F
    {
        scope = 2;
        scopeCurator = 0;
        displayName = "Sub Terrain Vehicle Pad Corner";
        armor = 999999;
        armorStructural = 999;
        author = "Article 2 Studios";
        model="P:\OPTRE_MapCommon\Buildings\VehiclePadCorner.p3d";
        class AnimationSources
        {
            class liftgate_1                /// the class name is later used in model.cfg
            {
                source = "user";    /// user source means it is waiting on some scripting input
                animPeriod = 8;     /// how long does it take to change value from 0 to 1 (or vice versa)
                initPhase = 0;      /// what value does it have while creating the vehicle
                sound = "ServoRampSound_2";
            };
        };
    };

It works fine when I place it the Eden Mission editor in that it cannot be destroyed as Ive given it high Armour values in the config. However when placed in Terrain builder it can be destroyed, in addition my add actions and animations do not seem to work on versions placed in Terrain builder.

I also ran a small script to test the problem using the nearestObject scripting command, when I ran the test on buildings in Altis it returned the buildings classname when I tested it on my buildings it returned just empty string.

The only information on this forum Ive found seems to suggest to link the config and the p3d file you add "Land_" followed by the p3ds file name to the class name and it should work, but this does not seem to be the case for me.

Thanks for reading.

If you don't want it to be destroyed add 

destrType=0;

in the config. That's he proper way to make something non destroyable 

2 minutes ago, m1lkm8n said:

If you don't want it to be destroyed add 

destrType=0;

in the config. That's he proper way to make something non destroyable 

Thanks thats good to know.

Not the core of my issue however.

Well the path to your model is wrong as well. Do not include p:

also your class name and p3d object name are different. They must match entirely to animate when placed with terrain builder

Ah ok, good, I thought it was something like that. I've tried the changes you suggested and still am getting the problem. Could it be that I need to repack the map pbo as well as the pbo that contains my model and configs?

One other question could it be the file path, bis use /A3/ in front of their file paths? Not sure why that'd would make a difffrence as it clearly can find the .p3d in cfgVehicles.

Scratching my head trying to think what else it could be.

class VehiclePadCorner: House_F
    {
        dlc = "OPTRE";
        scope = 2;
        scopeCurator = 0;
        displayName = "Sub Terrain Vehicle Pad Corner";
        author = "Article 2 Studios";
        model="\OPTRE_MapCommon\Buildings\VehiclePadCorner.p3d";
        destrType=0;
        class AnimationSources
        {
            class liftgate_1                /// the class name is later used in model.cfg
            {
                source = "user";    /// user source means it is waiting on some scripting input
                animPeriod = 8;        /// how long does it take to change value from 0 to 1 (or vice versa)
                initPhase = 0;        /// what value does it have while creating the vehicle
                sound = "ServoRampSound_2";
            };
        };
    };

I should have asked you before all this but what are you using to pack your project? Addonbuilder or pboproject?

(lol yeah sorry I'm new to modeling, can usually find most things on this website myself but not the answer to this problem)

AddonBuilder, I'm guessing there is a file type I need to exclude from the Binarization? My file structure looks like this after packing: uDalaRR.png