ronin1979ca

Red devils Instant Action - Lightning Warfare (COOP or TvT)

Hey I'm hosting this again on dedicated hardware.  If there is interest I will leave it up and updated.  The gear has been switched to the ARMA3 arsenal.

Among other things you can equip your leveled AI with customized loadouts.

Here is a video

• Like 2

loading.png  Server Dependent, can be run with any mod

20170403022819_1.jpg20170403041226_1.jpg20170403174322_1.jpg

Server and mission Explained.

SO I've been piecing together a mission using a lot of community content as well as a ton of my own script to get it all together.  It features procedural map objective generation, efficient scripting and a powerful database.  It does borrow from wasteland and CTI, but I looked for solutions everywhere.  While not everything is perfect yet, it is very playable and will save your levels etc indefinitely.    It's got a ton of scripts running server side while keeping the FPS high, so it's smart capable.  It's got drop in / drop out saving that will enable you to play a few minutes at a time, but contribute to the big offensive.  There is a full economy, and you can also level your AI.  You have a choice of 12 persistent AI as you level up who you can recruit at ease and who are saved with my drop in feature, as well as vehicles etc.  The mission is town focused, but every part of the map can be captured for income.  Please try it out, and comment to steer it's development.  The server keeps good frame rate in spite of producing many AI in individual cities.  Custom loadouts are available not only to you, but to your ai with minimal effort.

As an external influence I reference 'Jagged Alliance'.

Lightning Warfare  =   "Warfare with a small unit, co-op focus"

1. Towns will be connected in territorial mode
2. Every town will have same items available for purchase
3. Each captured town unlocks extra units and gear in all towns.
4. Fast travel will be available between towns
5. Winning condition: Capture all towns.
6. Database deals with per session and infinite saving.
7. Procedural Map with fog of war
8. Player Economy
9. In depth squad management and persistence
10. You can recolor and uniforms, see photos below
11.  Rearm and re-equip you or your squad members in minimal clicks.

12. Save and utilize custom load outs for player and squad.

13 In depth medical and support scripting, ai ability to save you when injured.

Not a full list, but here are the major imports.

- Improved FAR Revive medical simulation
               - Outlawed Mag Repack
               - R3F logistics

- Building loot spawning

- Rewritten Digital load out system

- Rewritten Hunter Six ai system

- Taw View distance

- Seth Duda Advanced Towing & advanced sling load

- Outlawed Mag Repack

- Zod Take down

- Rewritten inidb

- Rewritten A3 Wasteland

- Rewritten Squeeze Hex warfare

Planned additions -

Sniper, SOG centric mission support.

High value targets :   Personnel responsible for logistics, killing will inhibit reinforcement.

FOO/FAC: Responsible for coordination of Air support; Killing will disable enemy air support for a time.

GUI's - Simple yet powerful

20170319144619_1.jpg13.jpg

Manage your squad, customize your team (Player and AI level saved in DB)

17.jpgunknown.png

Procedural Strategic Map - works on any island and identifies objectives

14.jpg

Deep player customization, and more to come

18.jpg20170307222748_1.jpgunknown.png

Running IFA3

20170331051909_1.jpg20170331051853_1.jpg20170331063042_1.jpg20170401080738_1.jpg20170401095050_1.jpg

24 minutes ago, ronin1979ca said:

A Question to the community, what mod set would be best?  Wishing this had polling, or if it does, that I knew how..

Will this be ona  certain Map or will it be able to be ported to other maps as well.

Looks really good so far..I'd keep the Mods to a minimum just for playablity..maybe the big basics everyone seems to have..RHS,ACE,CUP I would also include a vanilla version for those who want to edit or add different Mods/factions. I've been using the Liberation CTI from Zbug but this looks really good,I'll be watching this topic for sure..thanks for sharing!

Diesel

Short answer yes.  The mission uses a procedural method to map the island, part of a significant rework of Squeeze's Hex Warfare http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/jq2hBijElS#.WL2x539iLup

I am making it to be easily modular and developing more scripts to make the process of changing it painless.  I could have it on any island, easily, porting it takes under 5 min.  During alpha testing the server will likely just host Altis as not everyone has the APEX expansion.  I am open to changing that island, or running a server rotation of all CUP islands for example.

7 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Will this be ona  certain Map or will it be able to be ported to other maps as well.

Looks really good so far..I'd keep the Mods to a minimum just for playablity..maybe the big basics everyone seems to have..RHS,ACE,CUP I would also include a vanilla version for those who want to edit or add different Mods/factions. I've been using the Liberation CTI from Zbug but this looks really good,I'll be watching this topic for sure..thanks for sharing!

Diesel

PS, I have the server down at the moment as I am dealing with an issue.

Server Option IFA3 + FoW

mods.png

Economy is restricted to WW2.  All mod content is available through the built in economy.  Current setup is Germany(West) vs Russia(East).  The map is now divided and income split between two sides.  If there is interest in the server and mission I will be adding features such as choosing your faction, and much more squad management.  Please post any changes you would like to see to this forum.  Due to workload and time this is not a guaranty all request will be completed.

20170331051909_1.jpg

20170331051853_1.jpg

20170331063042_1.jpg

AI tanks and aircraft are now in the fight, this makes it much easier to locate damaged tanks and capture them.

20170401080738_1.jpg

20170401095050_1.jpg

Half Tracks temporarily removed as A3 64bit update is causing crashes with them.

Bump: Database updated to 64 Bit - Server running APEX Vanilla at this time.

would you be open for a WW2 port?

I've got a server up with no-one on it.  It is still WIP, so not all features are done but it's completely playable.  Short answer absolutely.  Send me the mods you want, and you can even admin it.

Feel free to PM etc.   I am keeping server code under wraps for now during development.  I may look for a little help to convert store inventories etc.  I was actually thinking about a WW2 port myself.  It's a great way to honor that generation of veterans.

Also I can give you access to edit warkin.info if you want a place to post for your mod.

PS - Can I get a list of all small arms, gear etc.  Right now Russia vs Germany

Version already up as ts.warkin.info

- several units have no pistol ammo

20170323013839_1.jpg20170323014236_1.jpg

20170323024340_1.jpg20170323032258_1.jpg

- Currently adding custom templates to be available for both player and player's AI soldiers.

this looks interesting. i'll have to see if i will be able to join when it's populated. from germany. but i'm a night owl so should be fine.

• Like 1

20170324091920_1.jpg20170324090631_1.jpg

Custom Loadouts are in.  But I may go back to vanilla units as there are no players on the server.  This means that you can change your soldier class in real time, and use custom loadouts to make your own classes.

20170325094339_1.jpg20170325094716_1.jpg

The mission is back to Tonoa, and VAS is now accessed rather than the original weapons store.  This allows you to save multiple templates and also add them to your quick pick menu.

Looks great !!!!

Any chance you can port the misison on the new i44 ported terrains ? Neaville would be awsome !

thanks for you're work

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomzy said:

Looks great !!!!

Any chance you can port the misison on the new i44 ported terrains ? Neaville would be awsome !

thanks for you're work

I need beta testers to play this, if there is an interest with people willing to play, I could easily port it to anything you like.  As there is always a certain amount of work required for any port, I need to know there will be players.  I am currently working on a system to establish missions in enemy hexes in order to provide depth and help the player locate enemy positions.

I've ported the mission to stratis for testing.  Ocean territory has been removed in favor of land and coastline.  Objectives have been added and ai improved.  Fog of war has been improved for hexes.  You can send scout's to locate enemy holding information.

I have added a central city for the resistance AI commander.  I will be adding improved AI logistics and quick reaction forces from that location.  This is still all procedural, and will work on any map without editing the mission itself.

Starting cities are no longer invulnerable and can be captured, allowing the other side to win if all territory is lost.  There is a side ai force at every major location to provide defense.  Upon capturing a location and eliminating defenses, a new ai force will be created for the winning side.  This does not apply to tertiary locations, which have no integral defense.

20170328054615_1.jpg

20170328054847_1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronin1979ca said:

bump - IFA3 + FoW

Nice Nice Nice !! Thanks !

@ronin1979ca awesome - much appreciated :hyper:

promoted in our discord :don13:

edit: tomzy was even faster :)

Edited by .kju

I stopped hosting this, but it still works and I am can provide ongoing updates if there is interest.