REFORGER88

Cold War US Army Loadout Question

Hi all, I'm new to the forums but I have been playing for a while now, with a special interest in the Cold War era. I came here hoping for some assistance on a question that has been bothering me. I have something of my own personal headcanon for the events of the Armaverse, and I wanted to start making missions that take place during the Cold War. The timeline I've worked up involves a conflict between the US Army's 193rd Infantry Brigade and the Soviet 2nd Guards Motor Rifles in the year 1988.

Now, I know that the M16A2 was phased into US Army service in 1985-6, but I was wondering about the feasibility of equipping my US Army infantry assets with M16A1s. I have the RH M16 pack with its well-textured and modeled M16A2s, but I recently downloaded Unsung to see the variety of Cold War assets I could translate into the 1980s setting. The M16A1 model they have is quite exquisite, and the selection of Cold War vehicles, aircraft in particular, is also very interesting. I wanted to know see if I could get some input as to what model of M16 I should use, because I can't decide. For anyone who takes the time to read this and comment, thank you very much in advance!

7 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

@killjoyau73 This one might be right up your alley, mate.

Yeah, I've been paying attention to the development of Conflict '85 too. I appreciate the help!

• Like 1

Yeah mate I'd just stick with as minimal mods as possible. The fewer people have to worry about downloading the better and easier it is to keep track of your missions etc etc. Anyway the M16A2 would be perfectly fine to use, it came into use in like 1982 and most of the U.S Army was using it by the mid-80's.

Also, there's photos of the 193rd in Panama sporting M16A2's and M249's so you'd be safe with those.

Good luck with the missions, mate.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:35 AM, killjoyau73 said:

Yeah mate I'd just stick with as minimal mods as possible. The fewer people have to worry about downloading the better and easier it is to keep track of your missions etc etc. Anyway the M16A2 would be perfectly fine to use, it came into use in like 1982 and most of the U.S Army was using it by the mid-80's.

Also, there's photos of the 193rd in Panama sporting M16A2's and M249's so you'd be safe with those.

Good luck with the missions, mate.

That's the dilemma, too many mods lol. I hope Conflict '85 includes a new M16 model, or I'll be stuck waiting til CSLA releases theirs, which seems to include a new A2 model. So far, CUP doesn't a have a very satisfactory M16A2 model, or reload animations, and I'm stuck going to either RH M16s or Unsung, neither of which are on Steam. Oh, the humanity.