Wiki

Blackfish and loiter

Hi guys.

I'm trying to have a Blackfish loiter over a position to provide air cover.

However, the WP "loiter" and the blackfish don't work well together.

Is there a possibility to have it fly in circle like the UAVs do?

When you use a UAV, for example in the campaign, it is set in a circle around a position.

Can't that be done the same for the blackfish?

Thanks

What do you have so far? I'm currently messing around with it as well.

It's a dirty fix, but could you use BIS_fnc_unitPlay to have it follow a path (and loop for the required duration)?

Well, I can't find how to have the air asset circle over a position just like the UAV do.

Does anyone know how to to that?

So, I ran a test:

the loiter function with the blackfish works BUT if I add another WP after the loiter WP, it becomes all fucked up.

For example, I want to have the blackfish loiter and land after the area is clear from enemies.

Loiter WP + trigger "ignore WP" when no enemy is left + land WP ----> the loiter doesn't work well

I would place a hold waypoint after the loiter wp which is connected to the skip trigger trigger and then the next wp would be the land waypoint.

Loiter WP

Hold WP + Skip trigger

Land WP

Last time I tried Loiter the planes just kept flying higher and higher for no reason.

1 hour ago, f2k sel said:

I would place a hold waypoint after the loiter wp which is connected to the skip trigger trigger and then the next wp would be the land waypoint.

Loiter WP

Hold WP + Skip trigger

Land WP

Last time I tried Loiter the planes just kept flying higher and higher for no reason.

Thanks, I'll try this.

Edit:

No, doesn't work :-(

That's odd I just tried it myself and it seems to work fine, I did notice that that the plane still keeps flying higher and higher until released form the Loiter WP.

I'm on Development branch so that may be the difference.

Well, I tried it as you said, and the loiter WP disappears when the blackfish reaches it.

Only stays the hold WP.

I see what you saying now, I was confusing the the plane circling with the Loiter WP.

It seems any waypoint added after Loiter causes the Loiter execute as if it's completed.

All I can think of is to add scripted waypoints when you need them.

I also think you will need to either delete Loiter WP or find a way to force it to complete so it can move on.

I tryied with loiter WP and Vtol need some time to get in point, when it is actual loiter (circle). Waypoints are tricky when AI is finding right path, that includes flying in circle.

Well, I didn't manage to di what I wanted, so I had to find another way.

I wanted the V-44 to loiter and then land when the area is clear.

Instead, I made another chopper come

Hi guys.

Digging up an old thread.

Is there a way to have the blackfish loiter over a position and actually provide support?

for now, it comes to the loiter position but never fires at the enemy unless he is engaged.

And still, only at the guy who is targeting him.

I'd like to have something like this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10136

with the blackfish.

With that script on ArmA 2, the AC-130 just came in and engaged all the enemy in the area.

In ArmA 3, the blackfish can't engage targets by himself...

It seems to me the loiter waypoint is circling clockwise ! That's incompatible with left-sided guns of the Blackfish. Same for any last move waypoint: the aircraft is circling clockwise.

17 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

It seems to me the loiter waypoint is circling clockwise ! That's incompatible with left-sided guns of the Blackfish. Same for any last move waypoint: the aircraft is circling clockwise.

When you put the loiter WP, click a second time on it and you will have an option to make it circle tje other way.

• Thanks 1

Hello,
Sorry for the repost but i have a related question:

I noticed it's possible to do so in editor but can we do so with zeus ? Is there an attribute or something we can execute in command ? Cause it seems there is a default direction and i don't know how to switch it in Zeus. Thanks

On 1/20/2018 at 9:34 PM, Wiki said:

When you put the loiter WP, click a second time on it and you will have an option to make it circle tje other way.

==> Resolved 
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWaypointLoiterType

[_grp, 2] setWaypointLoiterType "CIRCLE_L";