Sign in to follow this  
PiNs_Da_Smoka

O2 vs o2 light

I've been playing around with O2 light for a bit, and I really haven't seen much difference. In fact, some things seem to be developed better than my O2, and other options have been added such as Gizmo mapping.

Anyone (cough - BIS - cough) know what the difference between these two versions is?

I have noticed it uses a different method to place and map textures. Haven't figured it all out yet, but having the old O2 I may be set in my ways.

Please post the differences you notice here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Sep. 12 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been playing around with O2 light for a bit, and I really haven't seen much difference. In fact, some things seem to be developed better than my O2, and other options have been added such as Gizmo mapping.<span id='postcolor'>

Ermh... Only BIS has the "full" O2, which has features for making animations (rtm files) out of the motion capture files I think, and other features such as export.

i think he is talking about the O2 BIS gave us modmakers, and the O2 that BIS released today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Sep. 12 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think he is talking about the O2 BIS gave us modmakers, and the O2 that BIS released today.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the only difference is that the public version doesnt need keys to use afaik.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 12 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Sep. 12 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think he is talking about the O2 BIS gave us modmakers, and the O2 that BIS released today.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the only difference is that the public version doesnt need keys to use afaik.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, indeed.

Pins, the Gizmo mapping thingie was already in the first O2 Light released to us, modmakers! As far as I know, nothing is changed, so I guess its the same proggy, just without the damn activation codes!

FlipeR

Well there's one serious limitation that makes me NEVER want to use O2 light. The texture browser won't let me browse folders full of textures and preview them. It only lets me view textures I've already imported to the model.

That downside alone makes O2 light a severe pain in the buttocks to use. After seeing that, I deleted O2Light even though it felt like it was a bit more refined than my version. I feel bad for everyone who uses it, thats for sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Sep. 18 2002,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well there's one serious limitation that makes me NEVER want to use O2 light. The texture browser won't let me browse folders full of textures and preview them. It only lets me view textures I've already imported to the model.

That downside alone makes O2 light a severe pain in the buttocks to use. After seeing that, I deleted O2Light even though it felt like it was a bit more refined than my version. I feel bad for everyone who uses it, thats for sure.<span id='postcolor'>

Pins, we have been using O2 Light this whole time...