isenhand

Problem with getting glass to break

Problem with getting glass to break: The texture appears correct on the window. When I shoot it I get the sound effect and the broken texture appears but the unbroken texture remains. Continue shooting and the window fully breaks but the textures remain.

I have modelled the building in Blender 3D. The window is made of two cubes in lod 1. One is grouped in a vertex (named selection) called Glass_1_hide and the other as Glass_1_unhide. I have the same set up in the fire geometry lod.

In the geo lod I have named properties as map (house), class (house) and damage (building).

I load the model up in Object Builder and do structure->topology->find components on the geo lod and structure->convexity->component convex hull on the fire geo lod.

I set texture as a3\structures_f\data\windows\window_set_ca.paa and material as a3\structures_f\data\windows\window_set.rvmat for all the faces in the window Glass_1_hide named selection in the geo lod.

I set texture as a3\structures_f\data\windows\destruct_full_window_set_ca.paa and material as a3\structures_f\data\windows\destruct_full_window_set.rvmat for all the faces in the window Glass_1_unhide named selection in the geo lod.

In the fire lod I only have the Glass_1_unhide named selection. I set material as a3\data_f\penetration\glass_plate.rvmat for all face.

In the model config file I have the Glass_1_hide and _unhide in skeletonBones in class CfgSkeletons. I also have class Glass_1_hide in class Animations.

I have a hit point lod set up with vertices for the windows. In config.cpp I have class HitPoints using the BIG_GLASS_HITPOINT macro to define class Glass_1_hitpoint. I have also defined class Glass_1_source in class AnimationSources.

The config.cpp is here:

http://pastebin.com/0TkdJgzg

The model.cfg is here:

http://pastebin.com/NJJyPMgZ

I have used the test_house_01 model from A3 samples as a base. I'm not really seeing what is wrong here. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Config and model.cfg look fine, so my guess would be that there is something wrong with your named selections. Does the unbroken window texture disappear if you animate the Glass_1_source in buldozer? If the answer to that question is no, then the problem is with your model.cfg or the P3D itself, as buldozer doesn't look at your config.cpp.

Thanks.

I have a bit of a problem running in buldozer as it complains a3\structures_f\data\Windows\window_set.rvmat is missing but that file exists so I don't know what to do about that. The end result is it shows the model but "ghosted out". I can run the animations and things do change but I can't see if the right texture is there. So, I run the model in ARMA. There it partly works. The texture does appears correct to start with. Then I get the broken texture but the first texture remains.

I'd go with a problem with the named selections.

I built the model in Blender so I made the window in the visual lod and added then to vertex group glass_1_unhide  and glass_1_hide

In the fire geometry I have made another window and added that to the vertex group glass_1_hide

These vertex groups then map over to named selections in OB.

So, what is wrong with that?

I deleted the named selections, re-did them and now it works.

I now have in the geo lod:

Glass_1_hide

Glass_1_unhide

and in the fire lod:

Glass_1_hide