thoops99

Texturing Issue, Modeling Questions, etc..

Hey everyone! I had a couple question and instead of making 100 different posts i thought i would just make one. So first off, i am trying to get into modeling and i am using blender. I have made a test house and im trying to start doing all the texturing for the building and the lods and everything like that. My questions are:

- Is there an easier way to texture other than using blender (i have heard about the uv editing but i dont know what program will edit the files it puts out)

- My textures on some object are showing backwards for some reason (on the reverse side) 

EX.

Where its showing:

FtEXFAa.png

Where it should show:

MEi4T4x.png

- For some reason when im inside my house in the model viewer it shows the windows as windows. But i have not set them to be windows yet......

ZkCsyDY.png

Thanks to anyone that can help!

uv map information is stored in the model itself. If you import/export via obj 3ds or fbx it gets transferred over as well.

Faces only have one side. They are "invisible" when viewed through the wrong side. You can flip the face orientation (invert) in blender or in OB (select faces, hit W)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 3:12 AM, x3kj said:

uv map information is stored in the model itself. If you import/export via obj 3ds or fbx it gets transferred over as well.

Faces only have one side. They are "invisible" when viewed through the wrong side. You can flip the face orientation (invert) in blender or in OB (select faces, hit W)

Ok thanks for the info

I recently figured out the uv mapping in object builder so im using that now. BUTTTTTT............... for some reason some of the textures show up like this

NQC2cS0.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this? Also, on my model the front of the doors show up correctly but the back does not show corrently

q95y6JA.png

textures must be power by two (256, 512, 1024, ...) in width and heigth

19 minutes ago, x3kj said:

textures must be power by two (256, 512, 1024, ...) in width and heigth

They are

What format are your textures? some compression can cause problems with different software...also check bit rate 

For the funny looking bricks as a rule of thumb you should use _co textures for solid textures, like bricks, and _ca textures for windows.  "_co" and "_ca" are suffixes you add to a texture name, i.e. "myshopwindows_ca.paa".  A typical workflow would be you create your textures in photoshop or gimp, save them as a 32 bit tga file with the appropriate suffix and use TexView to convert the .tga texture to a .paa texture.  I guess the _co and _ca tells TexView how to convert them???

I would highly recommend going this post as it will help you greatly with textures in general

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delta Hawk said:

For the funny looking bricks as a rule of thumb you should use _co textures for solid textures, like bricks, and _ca textures for windows.  "_co" and "_ca" are suffixes you add to a texture name, i.e. "myshopwindows_ca.paa".  A typical workflow would be you create your textures in photoshop or gimp, save them as a 32 bit tga file with the appropriate suffix and use TexView to convert the .tga texture to a .paa texture.  I guess the _co and _ca tells TexView how to convert them???

I would highly recommend going this post as it will help you greatly with textures in general

Thank you very much