Sign in to follow this  
brynjard

Arma 3 summery the last two years?

Hi!

I've been away from game the last couple of years, I was there in Alpha and Beta + release. I remember they started the "make Arma not war" event.

Arma had/have so much potential, I can't describe. But I quit playing and uninstalled it. 

Multiplayer where sometimes awesome, but could really suck as well when in my time-zone almost all empty servers.

SP where good sometimes if I found a good MOD.

How has development been on these issues?

- AI intelligent - Played as Squad lead or "platoon" lead. AI was just stupid, too much micro managing. Was missing some tactical methodes. Clearing a building, "tactical" move like "danger", but not crawling all the way. Or "CBC mode" Had some forum posts about these issues. 

- AI bugs - Some times a AI soldier all of a sudden wouldn't move. I remember you had to say stop to him or something, frustrating.

- High Command - This was just awfull when you have to micromanage a Ranger team infil an OP and giving the right intel for further planning. They crashed their vehicle and just sat in the car looking stupid. AI where run over buy blues when "Oscar Mike". 

Also missing some behaviour and methode. 

I just played "Call to Arms" The AI there are faar better than Arma 3 where.

- Content - The SP campaign where great, but too short... The "make arma not war" gave me zevz lightning and zombies WTF? If I want zombies I'd play DayZ.

- structure bugs - vehicles stuck in a town, a car, yes, but tank. NO way.

Is it worth installing again?

Or should I let it be?

Best regards

Super Arma consept fan.

24 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

Everything is a little better but not perfect.

Depends on your own opinion, i think its all great but then again i don't use AI. I only play PvP :f:

• Like 1

Thanks for reply!

I know, I used to love PvP and coop PvE when it was well organized. 

Played on Tier 1 server.

But other servers for the most where all about the Lone wolves, equipping the biggest sniper rifle and Driving a car into their position. 

My job should be kill stupid wannabe snipers; who've seen to many movies :P

Anyway; enough complaining. 

THanks o/

• Like 1