Sign in to follow this  
Seddrik

Perfect Sonar Location

Footsteps.  

Might as well have a glowing arrow pointing people out as to have such audible steps all the time.  Even crouched.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I think when they patched footsteps however many updates ago they probably turned the volume up too much.

The audio giveaway is horrible for gameplay, might as well have wall hacks. Desperately need a walk function like CS:GO.

You can bind a key to "Walk or run temporary" in Options / Controls. ;)

11 hours ago, Locklear said:

You can bind a key to "Walk or run temporary" in Options / Controls. ;)

Is it quieter than crouch walking?

It helps a bit. That being said, thanks for the feedback about the footsteps, I'll see if we can possibly make some improvements. No promises, though.

Ok.  Been trying to play through the current game state.   Between so many blocked areas and worse yet, the footsteps being like radar... its just not tactical anymore.  You are better off just running (they hear you anyway and u r not as much a stationary target) and gunning - which holds no interest to me.  Before, there was stealth and positions and tactics... now..... eh.

I'll check again when there is an update.

Still waiting for footstep adjustments.   Sonar is still fully functional even for walking.  There is no quiet* movement mode. 

6 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Still waiting for footstep adjustments.   Sonar is still fully functional even for walking.  There is no quite movement mode. 

If you walk+crouch or walk your steps are more silent then if you run :)

It is still very audible.

Running can be heard a LONG way off.  I have seen a guy I was trailing stop/crouch suddenly to spin and look for me that was pretty ridiculously far away.

And I cannot count the number of times either my walking/crouch steps or another persons's gave away positions.

Its too much.  In practical terms, the only stealth option is to not move or tap/nudge.  Even then, nudging drops big stompy step noises frequently.

11 hours ago, Seddrik said:

It is still very audible.

Running can be heard a LONG way off.  I have seen a guy I was trailing stop/crouch suddenly to spin and look for me that was pretty ridiculously far away.

And I cannot count the number of times either my walking/crouch steps or another persons's gave away positions.

Its too much.  In practical terms, the only stealth option is to not move or tap/nudge.  Even then, nudging drops big stompy step noises frequently.

I will look into it! :)