Rowibl

How do I make a new mod out of a retextured weapon?

I have made a retextured version of a weapon, the KAC PDW by Robert Hammer. I want to make this into its own mod, or at least make it so that both my retextured version and the original version can be added into the game at the same time. Currently, when I add the original and the retextured version, the retextured version "overrides" the original, and it also does not let me add attachments or change the fire rate. I would be very grateful if someone knew how to fix this.

The first thing you should do is ask permission form the original creator 

• Like 4

Agree with ross..before you do anything with someone elses Mod/work the first thing you need to do is ask permission to alter their work. Provided they give you permission maybe you can ask them about the issue your having and what you are trying to achieve.

Diesel

If the weapon has hiddenSelections you would create a config that creates a new weapon which inherits the original class, but changes the display name and textures via hiddenSelectionTextures.

'Your' mod doesn't contain any of the original authors work, but has it as a required add-on. It also doesn't change the original because your retextured weapon has a different class name.

• Like 1