Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Couple of questions

1) How do I make Wing, Tail and front lights on planes> whole procedure and names

2)How to I add custom scope to the gun (the one that shows up when you press V)

to 2): Look at the scope of another gun (dkm mod maybe) its a separate model with one flat area in and on that plane there's a texture with alphachannel ........

cy

Hi, I was sure someone would answer right away, but seeing as noone has.. here's how the lights are set up on my plane:

The red blinking position lights name in Memory Lod: cerveny pozicni blik (can make any number of them with same name)

The green blinking anti collision light on right wingtip: zeleny pozicni blik (can make any number of them with same name)

Origin of landing light: L svetlo (only one possible on planes)

Target of landing light: konec L svetla

Landing light is named here for the left one, but I can't get the right one to light up, so I assume it's because planes only get one light. I wish it could support another, but unless Suma or anyone else at BIS says it's possible, I'm done trying to get it to work with two smile.gif

Hope that does it for you.

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Sep. 25 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Landing light is named here for the left one, but I can't get the right one to light up, so I assume it's because planes only get one light.  I wish it could support another, but unless Suma or anyone else at BIS says it's possible, I'm done trying to get it to work with two smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Our civilian plane has two lights... one in nose and next one in wing wink.gif

Ok Araon, thanks for pointing that out smile.gif I don't suppose you are going to tell me why, when I put in "P svetlo" and the similar konec P svetla, it doesn't work? Do I need to define it specially in class reflectors?

Thanks for any help and for the help given!

Konyak

Konyak, how about checking Cessna part of CfgVehicles.hpp commented config? You will find how Civilan airplane is done there.

Don't worry, I got it to work looking at the Chinook config and I tried taking it one step further. I copied a class reflector and named it "Center" and changed all the svetlo and konec reference names to C svetlo and all that, and it resulted in a third light, but it always appeared on top of the plane and not where I put the points in the Memory LOD.

Guys, I've said it a million times, I'm a modeler, if I need to make something work in some config, I'm not good at it, and so I ask my "dumb" questions in here like lots of other people. I usually figure it out, but I don't see the harm in asking when I know there's people that love editing configs but can't model. smile.gif

Again, thanks for the help. Here's a picture of my Antonov as it looks now:

An-123Fly.jpg

It's aaaaaAAAaalmost ready:) Couple a days or so.

Konyak

So....do you stil need help regarding that lights? I can look at the Cessna and tell you how its done...

FlipeR

Konyak, just by looking at that picture I cant stop drooling...

Does it have an interior(cargo hold), can u post some pics??

Great job

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Sep. 30 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So....do you stil need help regarding that lights? I can look at the Cessna and tell you how its done...

FlipeR<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Fliper. As I said, I have gotten my right landing light to work, but I attempted to add a third, that lit up but was not where I put the memory points. If you can help me with that third light, I'd appreciate it! Another thing that is bugging me is that I can't seem to make a co-pilot for this plane. I have not found any addon planes that have a co-pilot that I can study, and the Chinook, that has one, doesn't mention one in it's config.

I tried putting in "Cargo is copilot []= (true, false), (wrong syntax, I know, but in my config it was right) and I tried putting in a proxy for Driver.01 but it always got in a cargo.

Help with this would allow me to release it tomorrow.

Konyak