celludriel

Is there a Solution to infinite inventory space ?

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a solution yet since last year to give any inventory unlimited space ?  I can fake it by making actions that empty an entire backpack in an inventory with addItemGlobal and such, but that is such a lousy workaround.  I would love to have something like _container setInventorySize 9999999999; or something likewise.  Has BI seen the light yet and given us some kind of BIS function I don't know about yet ?

Would make my life so much easier :-)

if you dont care for the looks, you could use the VR suits, i think they have unlimited inventory space.

2 hours ago, harmdhast said:

You can create an addon witch overwrites the cargoSpace.

You may also use another workaround with EHs 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#InventoryOpened

The exemple may be a start of an answer for your problem.

argh I was afraid for that having to create an addon to create a supply9999999999 or something :(.  I like to avoid people having to install addons for my missions.  The eventhandler could work if I was able to dynamically create supply500 containers when needed, but how would the player know what container to open.  It would probably open the latest opened container.  Maybe I have to write a UI for this instead of the default arma inventory.  Either way it's going to be a lot of work and testing

I could also use infinite space for weapon/item containers.

tried the one of the VR suits but unfortunately it too has limited space.

its not that you cant add infinitely items to container with script commands, its that after that you cant put anything from your inventory to the container because its full. How then can you change your inventory items when the container is full? You'd need to drop all the items you don't need to the ground...

I'm not sure to understand the aim.
You can change the attributes of a crate (in Eden) , so you can access to the equipment storage and make a virtual (unlimited) content. Inventory is emptied but you get an arsenal with chosen items in editor.

46 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I'm not sure to understand the aim.
You can change the attributes of a crate (in Eden) , so you can access to the equipment storage and make a virtual (unlimited) content. Inventory is emptied but you get an arsenal with chosen items in editor.

what I want is to automatically add all loot to single container.. then the player can go pick up stuff from the container.

but the containers not large enough for all the loot =/