X2v8jaY.jpg

qZgftv6.jpg

2ar5gnb.jpg

JSOC uniform and character addon
by
Sabre/Ardvarkdb/RoadRunner

Description:
These are the SOTG models used with permission from Sabre and Ardvarkdb, to include cut sleeve versions, a first in Arma 3 I believe, with additional textures created by myself, to represent the uniforms worn by units within Joint Special Operations Command, and a few extra's thrown in for good measure. Enjoy.

Installation:
As always, it's recommend to use mod folders to separate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.

Included files:

JSOC_Uniforms.pbo

Key:
These are signed addons.

Known issues:
- Slight shadow LOD appearing, but no worse than the ones in default BIS models
- This will not be updated after release,and will be the final addon created by myself
  Thank you all for the support over the past few years.

Credits & Thanks:
Models:Ardvarkdb (base unit, vest, helmets, etc.)

Textures:Sabre,BI

configs: Road Runner

Please do not distrubute on other steamworkshop locations without asking permission to host first, I have no issues with them asking first then hosting.

Thank you all for the support over the past couple of years, I will close out with the JSOC uniform, character addon, this will not be supported after its release. There are tan coloured base uniforms, to be creative with your own camo's. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871794542

• Like 19

Awesome! I'm glad you changed your mind. You've done great things for the commutty, top notch addons.

• Like 2

Roadrunner thank you very much, your content will be missed :(

• Like 2

Well, this is sort of bittersweet.

If given the choice of having Roadrunner around the forums for the next few years or this mod, I would take the modder and not the mod.

However, we all know what an addictive lady Arma is so I 'm hoping he'll be back soon.

• Like 3

Just now, Rich_R said:

If given the choice of having Roadrunner around the forums for the next few years or this mod, I would take the modder and not the mod.

However, we all know what an addictive lady Arma is so I 'm hoping he'll be back soon.

I dont think he will dissapear from the forums.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

I'll still be around the forums, just no longer making addons, I actually feel quite burnt out with regards to the addon making, I was spending 8-12 hours a day, sometimes more, in between photoshop, O2, and A3 tools and the game itself. Being out of contract left me with way too much time on my hands.

I'm heading back overseas in the coming days, so my time for arma will be reduced by about 90% anyway. I will assist on the odd occasion, I have done so recently, but disappointed there was no mention of tidying up, and getting the configs to work, once the addon was released.. just another reason for stepping away. 

I've enjoyed it for the most part, but the time is right to take a break from the modding side, I'll still be posting screenshots etc, just no longer making addons other than for my own personal use.

Without you guys, and the support, I'd have probably ducked out long ago, I honestly never thought any of my creations would be as popular as they seem to be, and have been. so you guys deserve a massive thank you from me.

Peace out.

• Like 26

Thanks, Road Runner. Appreciate all your work and I'm pretty sure that all of us hope that we will get the opportunity to enjoy your work in the future.

I'll echo what everyone else has said r r. I've been around to see you making mods for Ghost Recon, moderating on MP.net and enjoyed your addons here. It's a shame you won't be creating new toys for us to use in this great game but, as always, I respect your decision wholeheartedly. I'm glad you'll be sticking around the forums, just wouldn't be the same place with you not being here. Good luck on your next overseas trip and I look forward to reading anything you have to say in the future.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, road runner said:

I'll still be around the forums, just no longer making addons, I actually feel quite burnt out with regards to the addon making, I was spending 8-12 hours a day, sometimes more, in between photoshop, O2, and A3 tools and the game itself. Being out of contract left me with way too much time on my hands.

I'm heading back overseas in the coming days, so my time for arma will be reduced by about 90% anyway. I will assist on the odd occasion, I have done so recently, but disappointed there was no mention of tidying up, and getting the configs to work, once the addon was released.. just another reason for stepping away. 

I've enjoyed it for the most part, but the time is right to take a break from the modding side, I'll still be posting screenshots etc, just no longer making addons other than for my own personal use.

Without you guys, and the support, I'd have probably ducked out long ago, I honestly never thought any of my creations would be as popular as they seem to be, and have been. so you guys deserve a massive thank you from me.

Peace out.

I felt sadness while reading this :( As I said your content will be missed without a doubt, you definately had some of the best stuff out there. We all wish you luck overseas RoadRunner and we all have to thank YOU more for giving us all this free content to mess around with. Maybe someday in the far future you will feel nostaglic about not doing what you did in the past and you'll decide to create something here on these forums again.

Again, Good Luck RoadRunner and above all remember to have fun in life because you only get one :)

• Like 3

Just a heads up if you ever get back into it. Same as the unreleased Project Overwatch SOTG uniforms (though not Sabre's A2 or your SOTG re-release), these have a issue with weapon aiming. It's easiest seen when using a P99 pistol or other pistol with dot sights.

It's like the eye point moves down while wearing the uniform, making the front light lower via the paralax effect and the point of impact off when shooting.

Anyway, best of luck with the future.

1 hour ago, scarecrow398 said:

Just a heads up if you ever get back into it. Same as the unreleased Project Overwatch SOTG uniforms (though not Sabre's A2 or your SOTG re-release), these have a issue with weapon aiming. It's easiest seen when using a P99 pistol or other pistol with dot sights.

It's like the eye point moves down while wearing the uniform, making the front light lower via the paralax effect and the point of impact off when shooting.

Anyway, best of luck with the future.

Sounds like a memory point issue, which is weird as these are the same model base as the SOTG ones.

I just ran a quick check on the character memory point, they're identical to the BIS sample characters memory points, I never paid much attention to sidearms, but it's interesting, I see what you mean, RH pistols are doing the same thing. SOTG models are indeed fine too.....hmmmm

• Like 1

A little bit of an update will come imminent, thanks to the sharp eyes of scarecrow398, it was indeed a proxy issue, the JSOC ones overlaid the BIS samples perfect, which is fine for BIS models, when I overlaid the JSOC and SOTG, they were a fraction off, which resulted in the sight alignment issue, I've replaced all the Proxies, so they should be fine now.

Nice spot sir.

Steam version now updated.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871794542

• Like 1

Cheers,

Did you track down which It was? I've got some uniforms I'm working with the same issue, thought I haven't looked at the MLOD's yet.

40 minutes ago, arabian76 said:

Good job.

The uniforms do not have gloves.

you can make a small correction?

It Has been said by road runner no gloves will be made for the jsoc addon.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, arabian76 said:

Good job.

The uniforms do not have gloves.

you can make a small correction?

No.

• Like 2