Muecke

Vehicles dont go into deep water

Vehicles like the Marshall or Marid which can swim wont go into deep water.
They only go into water if it is not deep like 4-6m.

Why should they ? Because it is needed sometimes and they can swim !

I made a ticket please support it.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123500

Any workaround or fix anyone ?

• Like 1

I just put a Marshall on a beach in Tanoa, waypoint out in the water ~100m (depth was 19m) and off it went. It did take a bit of a zig-zag route to get there but it got there.

On 1.3.2017 at 11:46 PM, beno_83au said:

I just put a Marshall on a beach in Tanoa, waypoint out in the water ~100m (depth was 19m) and off it went. It did take a bit of a zig-zag route to get there but it got there.

I tried the same thing, and the Marshall didn't. I placed it directly at the beach first, it didn't move at all. I placed it further away from the beach, and placed another waypoint in the water, again no reaction. They only moved when i put a waypoint directly on the beach close to the waterline, but it stopped on the way when it hit a tree. Did you use stable or DEV?

Stable, no mods. The Marshall was about 10m back from the water's edge with just the single waypoint out in the water.

Sorry this isn't much help.

On 01/03/2017 at 0:46 PM, beno_83au said:

Yes, same. But it's important to notice the zig-zag route. It's the same for CUP Anzac frigate. Why ? Did these units follow some bottom track due to bottom relief, or is it a poor behavior of steerability ??

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Did these units follow some bottom track due to bottom relief, or is it a poor behavior of steerability ??

It didn't appear to be following the relief of the sea bed but I don't think I could say for certain that it didn't influence it. Seems like a very frustrating problem.

14 hours ago, beno_83au said:

It didn't appear to be following the relief of the sea bed but I don't think I could say for certain that it didn't influence it. Seems like a very frustrating problem.

Yeah, seasickness guaranteed even for Navy guys by calm sea. Probably bad AI driving constantly overwhelming on course.

For sure Arma is an Army minded game, sometimes thinking Air, but very poorly sea/underwater oriented.... as usual, in real military life also.

• Like 1