rossoe

Levels of terrain heightmap from Global Mapper to Terrain Builder

I'm exporting my terrain from Global Mapper (on the left) to Terrain builder (on the right) Can someone please confirm what are the settings affecting the height? - as it feel the heightmap has flattened out a fair amount coming into TB?

Sample spacing was set to x-axis 10 & Y-axis 10 in GM

terrain4.jpg

mapframe has the following in TB:

mapframe2.JPG

texture layer should be 40x40 I think. But rest is fine for a 40x40km Terrain.

Also did you change projection to UTM in GM? Did you make a 40960x40960 square in GM?

I did indeed set to UTM in GM, it's definitely square. I'll try setting texture layer to 40 x 40 I think someone mentioned that it was not such an issue with arma 3, that's why I left it.

GM shows off the height better than TB anyway, does it look ok in game that's the main thing.

Looking at the Isle of Wight on google earth, the TB one looks ok tbh

Import the height file into L3DT and you can tweak the vertical ranges, high areas will be raised until you have the desired heights.

In game it looks a little flatter than I expected, not huge but enough to think i set something wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have L3DT yet :down: - maybe soon.

Not many people seem to mention these terrain properties within TB:

properties.JPG

The first Youtube tutorial i watched played with them to lower change water levels, but not much on the pmc.editing wiki about it?

Damn it - wish I'd known about that one before using opentopography! I might have to start again.

changing to 40 x 40 did not seem to change much - should I have selected 'refresh content from source' on the asc heightmap layer in TB? before rebuilding terrain and generating layers steps?

On ‎23‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 9:59 PM, rossoe said:

In game it looks a little flatter than I expected, not huge but enough to think i set something wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have L3DT yet :down: - maybe soon.

Not many people seem to mention these terrain properties within TB:

properties.JPG

The first Youtube tutorial i watched played with them to lower change water levels, but not much on the pmc.editing wiki about it?

How did you get to the terrain properties window? I used it a while back but I dont know anymore how it will show up.

Found it already, actually really obvious.

just go to window and check object properties.

Then just press edit terrain.

After selecting the terrain the window shows the terrain properties.

Edited by Gauroroth
found the answer
  • Like 1