Well that's a pretty ambitious project to put it mildly. Are you going to be making all the custom buildings yourself?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, opteryx said:

Well that's a pretty ambitious project to put it mildly. Are you going to be making all the custom buildings yourself?

Going to try have as many custom buildings as possible, but like you mentioned it's going to be a lot of work. So I'm probably going to have to use some of the existing community assets (mattaust, etc.) available in the early stages of the map and slowly switch over to fully custom buildings.

That looks great...wish I had the skill to make a terrain!

Diesel

Woah, that's probably going to be a truckload of work. Looking forward to see the results :)

21 hours ago, kangaro0 said:

Going to try have as many custom buildings as possible, but like you mentioned it's going to be a lot of work. So I'm probably going to have to use some of the existing community assets (mattaust, etc.) available in the early stages of the map and slowly switch over to fully custom buildings.

Well, I think Opteryx came here not without purpose :D

Check out his OPX Life mod, you will be amazed by what he's doing. And, maybe you can collaborate with him :)
And yeah, good luck :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

Do you want to make the map npc compatible or do you want to make it as "real" as possible? Tunnels, a subway and things like that would be great on an arma map

12 hours ago, in005 said:

Do you want to make the map npc compatible or do you want to make it as "real" as possible? Tunnels, a subway and things like that would be great on an arma map

For now my goal is filling the map as fast as possible to get it into a playable state/alpha. But the end goal is to make it as "real" as possible, which will take a lot of time. The assets in alpha will get replaced over time by new assets that are closer to the "real" map.

• Like 2

All the downtown skyscrapers are accurate in their location, still got about 5 more skyscrapers to make.

1k3AHLI.jpg

Right now using these shops to fill space quickly, but will be replaced by more accurate assets.

7cgCsdd.jpg

• Like 3

Many respect with this project! But relaese not befor 2027 and 5fps with alittle bit of AI...:tounge2:

Good luck for this!

1 hour ago, AHTNTEPPOP said:

Many respect with this project! But relaese not befor 2027 and 5fps with alittle bit of AI...:tounge2:

Good luck for this!

We are estimating a release in about a year, All the custom buildings are super low poly just with decent textures so frames shouldn't be a issue.

• Like 2

Arcadius Business Center added.

3 Alta Street Tower retextured closer to GTA V texture, still need to fix colours.

0NRV1WL.jpg

• Like 4

This is awesome I have been waiting for a huge city map for actual urban battles (big ones!) 

Cant wait for the release :D

• Like 1

Deleted the existing city, and I've restarted by working on more accurate and detailed models - here is a preview:

cc21ghZ.jpg

pyBTuSI.jpg

• Like 6

It will be fun to rappel down from these, these look great so far

• Like 1

Haven't put in any rvmats yet, just the basic buildings so far.

PvmzqGd.jpg

6r6gBTM.jpg

abshyVn.jpg

MmSGlMm.jpg

• Like 6

Nice. Are you using GTA V or SA as your inspiration? Would love to see inspired from both Liberty City and Vice City as well in ARMA one day.

6 hours ago, Valken said:

Nice. Are you using GTA V or SA as your inspiration? Would love to see inspired from both Liberty City and Vice City as well in ARMA one day.

It's fifth actually

Once Downtown is about 90% done, the map will be available to download as a pre-release/preview.

• Like 7