sasha013

JETS DLC Wishlist

Am I being too hopefull or is he doing carrier flight deck crew moves? 

6 minutes ago, sasha013 said:

If they aren't, its one funky dance :f:

Will the airplanes flight model reworked?

I never use airplanes in Arma because I am finding the flight model offending my senses :). Really, I am used with DCS/X-Plane and because of this I simply cannot acomodate them in Arma.

The helis however are much better represented, even they are not even close to the sims mentioned above, still am very much enjoying the low level flight with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sasha013 said:

Hopefully we soon have a USS Freedom .

1 hour ago, Abburo said:

Will the airplanes flight model reworked?

I never use airplanes in Arma because I am finding the flight model offending my senses :). Really, I am used with DCS/X-Plane and because of this I simply cannot acomodate them in Arma.

The helis however are much better represented, even they are not even close to the sims mentioned above, still am very much enjoying the low level flight with them.

Indeed, as someone who spend years in the Jane's Simulations, Falcon 4.0, Flanker 2.5 Lock On and DCS, I never had any motivation to invest time in the arcade FM, magic radar, no Damage Model aircraft in the ArmA Series.

I geuss this might change a bit with the new changes to the better. The vanilly Aircraft do not even behave like aircraft at all...at best like RC aircraft.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Indeed, as someone who spend years in the Jane's Simulations, Falcon 4.0, Flanker 2.5 Lock On and DCS, I never had any motivation to invest time in the arcade FM, magic radar, no Damage Model aircraft in the ArmA Series.

I guss this might change a bit with the new changes to the better. The vanilly Aircraftr do not even behave like aircraft at all...at best like RC aircraft.

Well probably because since OFP, its been more of an infantry simulator. 

8 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well probably because since OFP, its been more of an infantry simulator. 

In fact quite exclusively. That in turn lead to the point where in combined forces game styles like CTI etc, the use of tanks and aircraft mande them always smell like a cheat compared to

the struggles players on foot or in wheeled vehicles and later helicopters have. The biggest improvement comes with the removal of the magic 360° radar that was more of an annoyance for the realism oriented players all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

If they aren't, its one funky dance :f:

Haha! Would make for a good distraction during combat :don15:

3 hours ago, wolf359 said:

Hopefully we soon have a USS Freedom .

The X47/UCAV they show in the video actually have a tail hook and hinged wings, shown as separate models - which can indicate that they're both can be animated.

as well as the front gear part that attaches to the carrier catapult on both new NATO jets.
also, the F18/22 hybrid has "NAVY - USS Freedom" written on it.

4 hours ago, sasha013 said:

the motion capture guy does look like he's doing the carrier takeoff moves.

Static carrier confirmed? :) 

5 hours ago, SSG-Levi said:

Static carrier confirmed? :) 

All evidence seems to point in that direction! :D

11 hours ago, sasha013 said:

All evidence seems to point in that direction! :D

Better be a placeable object or I'm going to be dissapointed. 

• Like 2

USS Freedom will be supermixcombo like jets DLC

c5bd3f809011.jpg

• Like 2

As already stated in other thread:

B01 are led by Saul and John Spartan who made the F-18X Black Wasp that won the MANW contest in the addon category.

Before they left, they said they were working on an aircraft carrier called the USS Freedom - but they didn't know whether they could finish it or not.

So, now we know they are making the Jets DLC + the mocap + all the hints, we can assume there probably will be an AC.

However, we may be wrong of course, so don't get too hyped.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wiki said:

...so don't get too hyped.

Sorry, but I'm already seated and buckled in on the hype train.

7b7

• Like 4

Hum...

John Spartan likes my post...

Dunno whether there is a hidden message or not... (I hope so)

• Like 3

On 3/24/2017 at 10:17 AM, SSG-Levi said:

The X47/UCAV they show in the video actually have a tail hook and hinged wings, shown as separate models - which can indicate that they're both can be animated.

as well as the front gear part that attaches to the carrier catapult on both new NATO jets.
also, the F18/22 hybrid has "NAVY - USS Freedom" written on it.

the griffin also has a fuel tank on the bottom which means dynamic loadouts with fuel tanks :D maybe they will make BK 90  submunitions hopefully. if not we can always wait for arma 4 with the enfusion engine which is more easy to work with from what ive heard much like the unreal engine. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

the griffin also has a fuel tank on the bottom which means dynamic loadouts with fuel tanks :D maybe they will make BK 90  submunitions hopefully. if not we can always wait for arma 4 with the enfusion engine which is more easy to work with from what ive heard much like the unreal engine. 

As per the BIKI article on dynamic vehicle loadouts that system is supposed to support external fuel -- even if the Gryphon's own tank is purely cosmetic -- so have hope! (Submunitions are a separate topic.) Personally I'm interested in seeing if that fuel tank can be swapped out... I imagine that the targeting pod isn't because it's 'non-virtual' unlike the base game jets' TGPs.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2017 at 0:14 AM, xxgetbuck123 said:

What, for the standalone DLC its 10bucks. For all four DLC in a pack its 25bucks? 

Over exaggeration.

anyway. i shouldn't have to pay anything. 

I took money out of MY pocket for apex, AND marksman. AND Arma 3 itself. And i have to pay a fee to get actually non-crappy jets? No.

considering dlc planes of regular flightsims, this jets DLC is dirt cheap ! might be less advanced as Xplane or DCS but still dirt cheap

since it is a wishlist and i pre ordered, can we have female pilots ? (people hype about a carrier but i'd like some female pilots, i know you have the model with bikini and flipflops...)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, suiside said:

considering dlc planes of regular flightsims, this jets DLC is dirt cheap ! might be less advanced as Xplane or DCS but still dirt cheap

since it is a wishlist and i pre ordered, can we have female pilots ? (people hype about a carrier but i'd like some female pilots, i know you have the model with bikini and flipflops...)

Female units in general would be nice. 

Even though I'll buy the Jets DLC regardless, I just hope they'll include an "advanced flight model" (for planes) as well... within the main game, of course.

I genuinely prefer playing with maximum realism, even if certain aspects of the game might become unusable, like the so called advanced flight model, which is already included.

Because of that, I'm currently unable to fly helicopters properly, as I always end up crashing on the ground.

That being said, losing control every time isn't really an issue for me... That's what pilots are for.

Whoever wants to be something should learn to be it, that's my mindset. It'd be too easy otherwise.

I felt pretty satisfied when I destroyed myself while trying to emulate those finest Dslyecxi moves & techniques, shoutout to him. Untouchable, legendary.

I agree with those who say that the act of flying, In the ArmA series, has been too easy for a long time but, now, they have the opportunity to fix it.

The Jets DLC would be somehow useless without an advancement of BI's flight model technology, in my opinion of course.

So I really hope they'll do something about it.

38 minutes ago, dnl04 said:

Even though I'll buy the Jets DLC regardless, I just hope they'll include an "advanced flight model" (for planes) as well... within the main game, of course.

Nope:

On 2/17/2017 at 8:17 AM, oukej said:

I believe we've briefly explained the decision already. In short
- Helicopter AFM was feasible due to previous work on Take On Helicopters. It still took quite a lot of time and effort to make it work in Arma 3. Adding the libraries to airplanes (even if we used the connected libraries) would mean starting from scratch. We weren't sure we could make it for Jets DLC in time, there was a lot of questions and risks and it would have probably limited us to one feature/platform upgrade only.

- Improving targeting and radar was something the players wanted for ages. The technical aspect of it has been fully under our control. And it's something that can enhance the gameplay across the whole platform, not just airplanes.
Similarly to dynamic vehicle loadouts. And we were even able to improve the airplane damage model, HMD/HUD tech and few other things.
As much as I'd personally love a better flight model I'm fully confident in the decision we've made.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chortles said:

Nope:

Those are bad, horrible news... I just hope they'll do something about it in the future, because using any kind of plane is kinda laughable, frustrating and heartbreaking at the moment.

Thank you for the precious information though, I didn't see that post before.

could we just paypal bomb the dev team to persuade them to do (women and) AFM ?

or a community fundraiser ?

a "go fund bi" for AFM

if we show how much we want it monetairily maybe we get them focused for an extra DLC ?

we know they want it too, but had to make choices, those are always financial and practical, so we can pitch in and help remove the financial initial stage ?

• Like 1