sasha013

JETS DLC Wishlist

3 hours ago, sasha013 said:

I think they did mention supersonic jets only, but don't quote me on that!

More specifically air superiority jets.

• Like 1

I hope they add one for Nato/Csat, and Tanoa's defense force. Something like the F-CK-1A or similar like T-50 multi role of Korea. But as for NATO/CSAT, something stealthy will probably be fitting of their "cutting edge Air Superiority" theme. I also wonder what kind of munitions, possible counter measures (yes, BI did hint at fuel tanks and electronics on pylons via. DVL") we might get aside from the already known content additions. It would be splendid to have a new variety of both Air-to-Ground and Air-to-Air munitions added that provide more interesting options for gameplay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chortles said:

More specifically air superiority jets.

That's the expression I was looking for :don9:

Am I correct in thinking that BI at times, blend different designs of real vehicles when designing their own? Maybe NATO will have a blend of the F-22 and YF-23?

1 hour ago, sasha013 said:

Am I correct in thinking that BI at times, blend different designs of real vehicles when designing their own? Maybe NATO will have a blend of the F-22 and YF-23?

What, like this? 2fcdadb78eecf85c3e6834f3289fd4bb.jpg

2 hours ago, The Turbanator said:

I'd hope not. That has too much qualities of an interceptor, not a fighter. That thing looks like it's designed to take off from Moscow and reach Alaska within the hour. =P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

I'd hope not. That has too much qualities of an interceptor, not a fighter. That thing looks like it's designed to take off from Moscow and reach Alaska within the hour. =P

I've noticed in Arma 3 most, if not all of the native BI aircraft are highly modified & "stealthisized" versions of real world aircraft. Cases in point: a-10-thunderbolt-ii.jpg = 

9d919e72.jpg 

168032+MV22+260813+2.jpg 

VTOL-48-1024x549.jpg 

I'm guessing with the upcoming Jets DLC, we'll probably realistically see something more along the lines of this: 2967734669_65c48813cc_b.jpg 

turned into something like this... 

lockheed-f-16kia-g-super-falcon.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Turbanator said:

I've noticed in Arma 3 most, if not all of the native BI aircraft are highly modified & "stealthisized" versions of real world aircraft. Cases in point: 

The Ghosthawk and Huron are both based on their (supposed) real-life stealth counterparts though. And the V-44's design is also similar to many of the design proposals put forward for the Future Vertical Lift - Heavy variant.

I'm guessing with the upcoming Jets DLC, we'll probably realistically see something more along the lines of this: 

Ugh...I hope not. I still cringe at why BI considered the Wipeout's current design to be "stealthy" or an improvement aerodynamically in any way over its original counterpart. At least give it enclosed weapon pods like the real Advanced Super Hornet has and make the 30mm cannon retractable a la the F-22's M61 vulcan.

A stealthified F-16 would honestly make zero sense in comparison to an easy design like the F-35, for instance. Not to mention that the F-35 is already in service both in real-life AND in the Armaverse itself and that it's also directly mentioned by the Y-32 Xian's library description.

...but then again this is BI after all...just pray that the devs chose a good design this time around instead of reviving yet another Cold War-era relic.

• Like 3

Hahaha, yeah. I'd cringe at the sight of another cold war revive. However, I wouldn't mind something more realistic, like a Stealth F-18, rumors there might be one being tested, or perhaps instead of a concept design, a choice of one being co-developed by nations. Wouldn't be bad, since NATO already use Israeli tanks in the armaverse... we're looking for a fighter though, but I'm sure BI will allow it to be multirole. I don't see why they don't do the F-22, or something more compact like the ATD-X. As for CSAT, the J-20 would be perfect... if it wasn't an interceptor. That leaves the J-31 and Su-50... although, I would mind if they went with the legendary SU-47, so as long as they didn't ruin it's sex appeal. XP

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Turbanator said:

I have to say, that does look cool!

a new island / landmass to be capable and usefull for jets  something about double or triple the size of the australia map :tounge:

isla Duala but then 10x as big :don11:

• Like 3

On 28/02/2017 at 11:20 PM, The Turbanator said:

Does anybody know whether the Jets DLC might be including a jet powered armed UAV? 

Only just read this. 

As much as I'd like to think so, I doubt it, considering the information did specify 'air superiority fighters'. It would be nice though if someone could MOD the X-47B.

However, this would be cool:

boeing6th.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sasha013 said:

Only just read this. 

As much as I'd like to think so, I doubt it, considering the information did specify 'air superiority fighters'. It would be nice though if someone could MOD the X-47B.

However, this would be cool:

boeing6th.jpg

Ahhh... The proposed Boeing F/A-XX, the possible replacement for the Super Hornet family in manned & unmanned configuration. It would be nice, I highly doubt BI would do these though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Turbanator said:

Ahhh... The proposed Boeing F/A-XX, the possible replacement for the Super Hornet family in manned & unmanned configuration. It would be nice, I highly doubt BI would do these though...

Not sure I like the whole tailless design. Maybe BI would've considered the opportunity if hints of a Supercarrier were included in the DLC package. 

Oh I got something on my wishlist. Something that would be useful even if you don't plan to buy this DLC. (Come on let's be honest. Who deosn't)

But still some more realistic flight physics would be awesome. What's bugging me most is that I bank my Aircraft to either one side and absolutely nothing happens. All those forces that have effect on the planes (IRL) seem not to be there in Arma.

And also the Collective/Throttle bug should be fixed ASAP before getting into new aircraft.

I would be happy about the Jets DLC. But if even the basic framework isn't even finished I think the content in this part shouldn't be extended. I Heli-DLC they delivered a good working Physics Engine for Helis. Unfortunately they didn't force it :P

Also the physics itself need to be reworked. I think it shouldn't be possible to drive a car or land a heli on a steep hill. With land vehicles it seems there is no center of gravity on the vehicles so they can flip over. And if you leave the heli in time it will get glued there until you turn on the engine.

But I run off the track.

I would love to see better physics for jets and altogether and fixed joystick controls. Especially for the throttle. :)

13 hours ago, ph0enx said:

I would love to see better physics for jets and altogether and fixed joystick controls. Especially for the throttle. :)

We can only hope BI have prioritised on this while developing the DLC. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. I mean, you can't release powerful supersonic jets when the game mechanics and physics don't support it.  

6 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

I'm calling it right now.

143d434dea4f018ff26eae9ac4b26588.png

silent+eagle.jpg

BI had better hurry up if they're releasing a F-15SE as firewill has one in the works at the moment...

I'm not saying it's an F-15 wing, but it's an F-15 wing. At least an updated one. I think it'll be close. It would fit perfectly in appearance and story line anyhow. Look at what they did to the A-10. Stealthed it up and canted the tails. If they are looking for a "cutting edge air superiority fighter", that fits the budget, there would be no further to look than an F-15 that's received a 4++ gen upgrade. Also with the same paint as the Wipe out, it would look too killer. It's gotta be close.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw a plane that looked exactly like the NATO one that BI made while sesrching for the silent eagle. It was called the F/A-28 Tiger Hornet. It's the exact same design I believe.

Edit: yup, just double checked. I still think they could have done better with the CSAT fighter.

Payday2 has 40 paid DLCs for a total value of 182€. BIS so far only released four DLCs after four years of continuous support...

The whole DLC bundle 2 is 23€ anyway, and quite a bit less for third worlders... Seems to me you the greedy one here boy.

Anyway enjoy your ban, I don't think anti semitism has its place here.

11 hours ago, {Tambat} said:

instead of charging 30-40$ for a few jets

What, for the standalone DLC its 10bucks. For all four DLC in a pack its 25bucks?