Jump to content
sasha013

JETS DLC Wishlist

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a wishlist for the upcoming DLC? Personally I would love to see the return on the F-35, maybe the B VTOL variant but with an internally mounted cannon. 

In fact, it would be really cool if they brought in a static carrier too, something in the lines of HMS Queen Elizabeth for NATO, and an alternative variant for CSAT. 

OR, another alternative for CSAT? 

For ADF I would say the Eurofighter Typhoon but Greece were never involved in the project. Maybe an altered F-16?

Here's my take on where, I hope, BI are getting their ideas and influences:

 

TeuZNm8.jpg

 

They might even decide to blend designs, like a combined F22/F35B or PAK FA/J20. Who knows...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but based on prior DLCs' development Bohemia probably finalized the airframe choices before announcing the roadmap...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As well as having more airplanes, would be nice to have larger maps and a viewing distance of more than 50km without any impact on performance, it is a wish list, right?:tounge2:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chortles said:

Sorry, but based on prior DLCs' development Bohemia probably finalized the airframe choices before announcing the roadmap...


I guess but it doesn't stop me from wishing :don9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sberla101 said:

As well as having more airplanes, would be nice to have larger maps and a viewing distance of more than 50km without any impact on performance, it is a wish list, right?:tounge2:

 

 


Hell yes my man! I would love that too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishlist for a Jets DLC is quite short: an article in the Field Manual that will uncover what did the person who decided to make a Jets DLC for a game that absolutely can't handle jets said to his psychiatrist to be released from a mental ward. Jokes aside, I would really like to know the thought process that led to such decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, semiconductor said:

My wishlist for a Jets DLC is quite short: an article in the Field Manual that will uncover what did the person who decided to make a Jets DLC for a game that absolutely can't handle jets said to his psychiatrist to be released from a mental ward. Jokes aside, I would really like to know the thought process that led to such decision.

 

I'm going to go on a whim here and say you're not too happy about this forthcoming DLC..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we get a big sandbox map to fly around on and have dogfights on (and something that would be suitable for eden). A bit like the South Asia map in TOH. I'm not really too bothered about what jets I get so i'll just enjoy the ride :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sasha013 said:

 

I'm going to go on a whim here and say you're not too happy about this forthcoming DLC..?

Well, it's not that I'm unhappy with the jets themselves, it's just the fact that the engine just can't handle them and the game's scope leaves little use for even slow CAS aircraft, let alone fighter jets. I mean, come on, an average flying height in Arma is, like, 200 meters, an average view distance is 3000-5000 meters and the maps are 250km wide in the best case, there's simply no room to employ their speed, weapons and maneuverability.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, semiconductor said:

Well, it's not that I'm unhappy with the jets themselves, it's just the fact that the engine just can't handle them and the game's scope leaves little use for even slow CAS aircraft, let alone fighter jets. I mean, come on, an average flying height in Arma is, like, 200 meters, an average view distance is 3000-5000 meters and the maps are 250km wide in the best case, there's simply no room to employ their speed, weapons and maneuverability.

 

Unfortunately, you are quite right. 

 

Granted the space 'allowed' in Arma 3 maps are very limited when using supersonic jets. We can only hope that they will improve the viewing distance and maybe even provide a large-scale map to enjoy it all.

 

I have noticed too when flying in Arma 3 maps, the vertical distance is quite limited and you can't seem to actually fly over the clouds, which is a tad frustrating.

 

Now BI have specified in the past that Infantry gameplay has always been their priority, however we can only hope that they do work on these aforementioned issues to provide a more satisfying gaming when we finally get the DLC.

 

Or, alternatively, we are placed in the hands of our trusted and talented modders to do the job instead :) (for large-scale maps, at least..) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sasha013 said:

.... 

Granted the space 'allowed' in Arma 3 maps are very limited when using supersonic jets. We can only hope that they will improve the viewing distance and maybe even provide a large-scale map to enjoy it all.

...

 

Or, alternatively, we are placed in the hands of our trusted and talented modders to do the job instead :) (for large-scale maps, at least..) 

 

I´m no modder, but wouldn´t it be fairly easy to do a large and "efficient" map by having several islands (or island clusters) that is spread out in the sea? Something like Tanoa or MSKE but with greater distances between the islands? Probably won´t still give us 100 km / 100 km maps... but something like 50 / 50 km maybe?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's already a 100x100km map out that is mostly sea with one small island. I've been thinking of learning map making, one of things I wanted to do was to do some real-scale archipelago (I'd have to look for a suitable one) consisting of small islands separated by lots of sea. The actual amount of "terrain" would be in line with other ArmA maps (in a way, it'd be multiple small-sized maps lumped into one), but you'd have a lot of space inbetween.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jone_kone said:

 

I´m no modder, but wouldn´t it be fairly easy to do a large and "efficient" map by having several islands (or island clusters) that is spread out in the sea? Something like Tanoa or MSKE but with greater distances between the islands? Probably won´t still give us 100 km / 100 km maps... but something like 50 / 50 km maybe?

 

 

 

Can't answer that, but I don't think it'll take much difficulty either. Again, though, BI need to work on their vertical distance, so that you can actually fly ABOVE the clouds too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can fly above (or into) the clouds. It's not very practical, but the clouds aren't a skybox, they're actually there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it may be far too late to pitch in on aircraft design, I'm curious as to why we haven't even gotten the slightest teaser yet. It's nearing the end of Q1 already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ The devs are probably following the same time frame as Apex; basically we won't be getting any real info until there's one month left before release. And since Jets is presumably not going to see the light of day until the end of Q2, give it one or two more months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the Roadmap, Jet DLC is due by the end of Q1, not Q2. In other words, March 31st some time. Of you look at the marker for Jet DLC, it filled 1/4th the 2017 bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but Jets is suffixed with 'ETA' and Orange is 'TBC', which IMO isn't a reassuring sight at all.

 

Either way just like with Apex it's better to keep expectations low and assume that it'll get delayed to Q2 for whatever reason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Idk, I'm optimistic on this one. Two new jets and a few new features is quite a small package, and with the experience BI have now, a DLC that straight forward, at least I imagine, wouldn't get pushed back a whole extra month unless some unforseen problems (but who knows, FPS glitch seems to be what could be exactly that), I still have hope for the end of Q1. Besides, if not it'll start cutting into other DLC developments. Data Link feature and the sensor overhaul is looking and starting to feel quite polished, where as the Dynamic Loadouts is pretty much working as intended. All that's left there is to get the system over to the other aircraft and implement an in game UI for Loadouts via. Ammunition trucks. This could be done by the end of March, or early April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dragon01 said:

You can fly above (or into) the clouds. It's not very practical, but the clouds aren't a skybox, they're actually there.

 

True but... it just seems a bit of a 'struggle' to get up there. Nothing like flying in standard Sims like FSX or DCS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRL, clouds like those form below 2km altitude. They may form as low as 500m in some cases, so in ArmA, they may be too high. It'd be nice if BI could lower the cloud ceiling a little.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

 

That's a negative. 

that's ok, just was curious!

i know it is called jets dlc with reason, but some old cargo plane(medium size, not to big) or another civilian plane with retracting landing gear would be nice suprise for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, toiletuser said:

that's ok, just was curious!

i know it is called jets dlc with reason, but some old cargo plane(medium size, not to big) or another civilian plane with retracting landing gear would be nice suprise for me.

 

I think they did mention supersonic jets only, but don't quote me on that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×