Trinket

Any way to Retexture RHS vehicles / Equipment?

I'm trying to retexture the RHSUSAF A-10, however I cannot open the .p3d file to get the texture map so I can assign it in the eden editor, so I can retexture.

Any way to get the texture files for RHS Files?

easiest way would be to contact us directly, don't you think?

1 minute ago, PuFu said:

easiest way would be to contact us directly, don't you think?

I did send a message, however I never got a response. So I apologies about that.

This is the first I've gotten a reply.

The first step to retexture RHS's A-10 is to get 3ds Max.  Very important.  Then create a 3d mesh of the exterior of the A-10 making it looks exactly like RHS's A-10.  Due to the UV coordinates of RHS's A-10 you'll also have to create the interior cockpit.  Then you make a temporary texture, including diffuse, normal and AO.  This is the most important step to retexturing RHS's A-10.  You export the 3d model to .p3d.  You then create a config and model file.  Once you have all of this, pack it all into a pbo and install it in ArmA3.

And then there, you have a retextured A-10.  Ta Daaaaaa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delta Hawk said:

The first step to retexture RHS's A-10 is to get 3ds Max.  Very important.  Then create a 3d mesh of the exterior of the A-10 making it looks exactly like RHS's A-10.  Due to the UV coordinates of RHS's A-10 you'll also have to create the interior cockpit.  Then you make a temporary texture, including diffuse, normal and AO.  This is the most important step to retexturing RHS's A-10.  You export the 3d model to .p3d.  You then create a config and model file.  Once you have all of this, pack it all into a pbo and install it in ArmA3.

And then there, you have a retextured A-10.  Ta Daaaaaa

There is no way to export the texture, then add it as an overlay via the mission file and eden editor int?

3 minutes ago, Trinket said:

I did send a message, however I never got a response. So I apologies about that.

This is the first I've gotten a reply.

not sure where you sent that message, but if you'd be more specific to what you want, you might get a better reply...

Just now, Trinket said:

There is no way to export the texture, then add it as an overlay via the mission file and eden editor int?

Yes, that's when you replace your temporary texture with an even more temporary texture.

The best thing about this method of retexturing RHS's A-10 is you won't need RHS's A-10 loaded in the game.

that being said, you can surely open the existing .paa files, can't you?
a10_01_co.paa

a10_01_co.paa

this is what tyou are looking for, isn't it?

Just now, PuFu said:

not sure where you sent that message, but if you'd be more specific to what you want, you might get a better reply...

Just now, Delta Hawk said:

Yes, that's when you replace your temporary texture with an even more temporary texture.

The best thing about this method of retexturing RHS's A-10 is you won't need RHS's A-10 loaded in the game.

We are running a server that uses some main RHS equipment. The majority of our players use Steam to download the modpack for easy installation, therefore we cannot edit the mod files themselves directly. We also wouldn't want to edit the mod files directly without RHS's permission. Therefore we need to get the texture file for some RHS vehichles (A-10) included and use the Eden editor, inside the int, to place a temporary texture onto the A-10 and other RHS vehicles. The texture would be inside the missions > images folder therefore would not hinder any players who use the steam workshop to download RHS entering the server.

The current problem I am having, is I cannot get into the .p3d file to get the texture for the A-10, so I can rexture it in photoshop, and use it on the RHS A-10 model as a temporary texture that would be loaded from inside the mission file.

2 minutes ago, PuFu said:

that being said, you can surely open the existing .paa files, can't you?
a10_01_co.paa

a10_01_co.paa

this is what tyou are looking for, isn't it?

So that is the  file that I export to either .png / .jpeg and save in the images and use on the A-10 as a primary texture?

If the section for the texture is not in eden editor then you'll have to use the setobjecttexture command some how.

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

So that is the  file that I export to either .png / .jpeg and save in the images and use on the A-10 as a primary texture?

yes. also don't use jpg, use either png or tga