barccy

View distance / Fog inconsistency

The view distance or fog is different in the same mission(s) with the same settings in single player & editor compared to multiplayer. I've tried adjusting the date and forecast, and all the user settings and options that I can think of. What is the cause and how can I increase my MP view distance? https://youtu.be/PTxw88q4OYQ

Edited by barccy
added video example

MP view distance is almost always less than your own personal settings, it's set by the server to ensure that no one has an advantage/disadvantage over other players.

• Like 1

By default in MP the VD is set to 800-900. If you want to override this it must be done in the mission editor folder.

In the init.sqs file add a line:

setViewDistance 1200          ~(1500, 2000 or what ever you like)~.

There are also View Distance negotiation scripts that benchmark all clients and sets VD for lowest machine.

Also there is a script scheme you attach to an object that allows players to set custom VDs for each player.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zulu1 said:

in the mission editor folder.

In the init.sqs file add a line:

setViewDistance 1200          ~(1500, 2000 or what ever you like)~.

There are also View Distance negotiation scripts that benchmark all clients and sets VD for lowest machine.

Also there is a script scheme you attach to an object that allows players to set custom VDs for each player.

Thanks!